AZ - 2 year old girl almost drowns AGAIN in same pool

Get rid of the pool or move to a house without one.

CPS is looking into it.

From the article, it said the ggrandparents had put her to bed, no mention of the mother so she may not have even been there, could have been at work or elsewhere. You also have to ask where the father is?

VB

Good point Vegas Bride. We don't know if the mother was home when this happened. She may have been working.

I think the pool should have been drained after the first near drowning. Two year olds have to be watched constantly and a pool in the back yard is a real danger.

As a mom to a 2 year old, I can see how he could escape through a dog door after being put to bed. They did the right thing putting the fence up after the first time. I think they are probably doing the best they can to take care of a rambunctious 2 year old. These folks are probably in their 60s or more. I'm willing to bed they'll drain the pool now.

I have to wonder, if the pool is drained, would this toddler be apt to fall into the pool and hit a hard surface causing injury that way? I have to think the only thing to do now is to get rid of the pool. Also hurry up and get this 2 year old involved in swim lessons.

VB

I have to wonder, if the pool is drained, would this toddler be apt to fall into the pool and hit a hard surface causing injury that way? I have to think the only thing to do now is to get rid of the pool. Also hurry up and get this 2 year old involved in swim lessons.

VB

There are about a million different safety precautions that can be implemented here. First of all, there are alarms that will sound if the water is broken. There are alarms that can be put on the door that will sound if the door is opened. These cost about $5.00. This could also be put on her bedroom door. There are smaller fences that can be put around the pool to keep children and animals out. We can't get rid of pools, but they can be made safe.

In the article it says they have a fence around the pool-it didn't keep her out, and she had to crawl through a doggy door to get out! Although I do think they should put an alarm on the pool, I don't think they can put one on the doggy door, it will sound everytime the dog goes outside and comes in. Other than sitting there and watching the child fall asleep, and then staying in there all night to make sure she didn't wake up and wander I dont know how this one could have been avoided. I leave my kids bedroom doors open at night so I can hear them if they need me-which would also make an alarm on her door useless.
CPS is involved now so they will probably make them get rid of the pool or make them get that alarm for the pool surface. This is one crafty 2 year old.

In the article it says they have a fence around the pool-it didn't keep her out, and she had to crawl through a doggy door to get out! Although I do think they should put an alarm on the pool, I don't think they can put one on the doggy door, it will sound everytime the dog goes outside and comes in. Other than sitting there and watching the child fall asleep, and then staying in there all night to make sure she didn't wake up and wander I dont know how this one could have been avoided. I leave my kids bedroom doors open at night so I can hear them if they need me-which would also make an alarm on her door useless.
CPS is involved now so they will probably make them get rid of the pool or make them get that alarm for the pool surface. This is one crafty 2 year old.

They need to seal up the doggie door and get off their butts and let the dog out when it needs to pee. What's more imporant?

They need to seal up the doggie door and get off their butts and let the dog out when it needs to pee. What's more imporant?

Sadly, it seems like it was more important that they didn't have to be bothered to let the dog out.

Amazing. And sad. And very telling where the priorities are in the family. It sure as isn't with the child.

:mad: :mad:

Sadly, it seems like it was more important that they didn't have to be bothered to let the dog out.

Amazing. And sad. And very telling where the priorities are in the family. It sure as isn't with the child.

:mad: :mad:

NO JOKE!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

MO, but the mother needs ole witchys foot in her ***:furious:

66o6oht.jpg

eta..okay karma may come around to get me 3 times for that, so i take it back,,,BUT UM, the parents need to watch their children better,mo

I think you guys misunderstood me. I'm sorry for not getting my point across correctly.

Somebody shoot me b/c I think you are all jumping to conclusions here. This family were plenty concerned enough to install a fence. These are not cheap and it sounds like they did for the SOLE reason of keeping this little one safe. So what if they had a doggie door? Who are we to assume it was b/c they are lazy? The second time she snuck out of BED! For all we know she had never done that before and so, of course, no-one would be watching out for her near the pool.

They make doggy doors with a special collar for the dog so it will only open for that pet.
They also make locked to lock the doggy door closed at night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back