1224 users online (209 members and 1015 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

UT - Camille Cleverley, 22, Provo, 30 Aug 2007

Sep 2, 2007 8:10 pm US/Mountain

(KUTV) PROVO - A female student at Brigham Young University disappeared from her apartment in Provo last week and has not been seen for four days, authorities said Sunday.

Camille Cleverly, 22, was last seen on Aug. 30 at her apartment, which is located just south of the university's main campus. Police were unclear whether Cleverly simply walked away or she was abducted. No amber alert was issued because officials have no indications that a kidnapping occurred. However, a statewide missing persons alert was issued.

Cleverly is 5'5" tall and weighs approximately 130 lbs. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. Family members say the key to finding her may rest with the woman's bicycle -- which is a unique Schwinn mountain bike, colored purple and silver.

Family members say that Cleverly is a very responsible woman and would not voluntarily go away for such a long period of time. The family believes it is possible that either Camille was abducted, or she is innjured somewhere and can't get home. She also does not have her cell phone.

Cleverly, a senior at BYU, worked at the school's library and often rode her bike to and from campus.

More at link: http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_245215407.html
    Last edited by christine2448; 09-08-2007 at 10:06 PM. Reason: To correct spelling of missing for search purposes

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I hope she is found soon.

Wow, she's very pretty. Prayers for a quick and happy resolve to this.

BYU Student Missing
    September 2nd, 2007 @ 10:04pm

Whit Johnson reporting

The search is on this morning for 22-year-old BYU student Camille Cleverely. She disappeared Thursday, and no one has seen or heard from her since.

Police say at this point they don't suspect foul play, but they are calling her disappearance suspicious and are asking for the public's help.

Camille Cleverley has missed several appointments over the last few days, including a test. Family members say that is very uncharacteristic of her behavior to just pick up and leave town without telling anyone.

Camille is 22 years old. She's originally from Idaho but living in Provo, studying at BYU. Police say Camille was last seen on Thursday. They believe she stopped by her apartment and picked up a few belongings, nothing that would indicate she was going on a trip, and then left on her bicycle.
    Camille does not have a car or a cell phone.

More at link: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1740219

I sure wonder what happened to this girl

Search For BYU Student
    September 3rd, 2007 @ 4:00pm

Whit Johnson Reporting

Search efforts are underway for a missing BYU student.
    Police believe 22-year-old Camille Cleverley left her apartment on her bicycle Thursday and hasn't been seen or heard from since.

Camille's parents, her boyfriend, and her siblings all say she would never up and leave town without telling anyone.

We are now approaching day five since she has been seen, and feelings of anxiety and fear are getting stronger.

Camille's family is going door to door handing out flyers. Camille's brother, David Cleverley, said, "We're just trying to keep pushing, and any efforts that we have to kind of spread the news are very helpful."

Camille's family and friends hope search efforts will provide some piece of information, some clue as to where she might be. Camille's boyfriend, David Sperry, said, "You really hope that things turn out well, but the longer that time goes by, just kinda of knowing the world we live in, I don't know. It's just kind of hard to be hopeful."

Her brother said, "We're definitely scared that she's been gone so long, very unnatural of her to do something like this."
    Camille was last seen by a roommate Thursday morning at a BYU apartment complex.

Police believe she left on a purple and silver Schwinn mountain bike. Her boyfriend said, " I went back about four times. I was starting to get really concerned at that point."

Sperry last saw her Wednesday night and says nothing was out of the ordinary; there was no fight or no altercation that would prompt her to leave. He said, "She's just a wonderful girl and she, I don't know, she's so caring and helpful and if somebody needed any help she would be right there for them. I just want her back safe."

More at link: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1743319

Family Members of Missing BYU Student Suspect Foul Play
    September 3rd, 2007 @ 5:00pm

Whit Johnson Reporting

Family and friends of missing BYU student, Camille Cleverley, are doing everything they can think of to find her. Cleverley was last seen Thursday.

The news of her disappearance has generated several leads, but still no answers as to her whereabouts.

Family members are starting to suspect foul play. They say it's just not like Camille to leave town without telling anyone.

Camille's family is going door to door handing out flyers. Camille's brother, David Cleverley, said, "We're just trying to keep pushing, and any efforts that we have to kind of spread the news are very helpful."

Camille's family and friends hope search efforts will provide some piece of information, some clue as to where she might be. Camille's boyfriend, David Sperry, said, "You really hope that things turn out well, but the longer that time goes by, just kinda of knowing the world we live in, I don't know. It's just kind of hard to be hopeful."

More here at link: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1743319

As time goes on, Staci Cleverley said, the family is considering the possibility that Cleverley has been abducted.
    "At this point we're not limiting any options," Cleverley said Monday. "We're definitely hoping and praying for the best. But we're realizing that there definitely could be something bad that happened."
    The last missing BYU student to make headlines, Brooke Wilberger, was last seen outside an apartment building near the Oregon State University campus where she was visiting her sister in May 2004.
    The 19-year-old student was never found, although a Benton County grand jury a year later charged Joel Courtney with aggravated murder, kidnapping and sexual abuse in the case.
    Courtney is scheduled to stand trial Sept. 10 in an unrelated kidnapping and rape of a University of New Mexico student.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_6791747?source=rss
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Camille's MySpace page created by someone to help get the word out about Camille http://myspace.com/helpfindcamille.

Missing BYU student's debit card used day after she was last seen
    By Donald W. Meyers
    The Salt Lake Tribune
    Article Last Updated: 09/04/2007 03:19:40 PM MDT

PROVO - Camille Cleverley's debit card was used at a Provo convenience store Friday, a day after the BYU student was last seen, police said.

Capt. Cliff Argyle said police are checking to see if the card was actually used by the missing Brigham Young University student, or if someone else used the card.

Meanwhile, the police, sheriff's office and volunteers are preparing to mount a search of the Provo River Trail and nearby Rock Canyon to find the missing woman.

Cleverley, 22, left her apartment at noon Thursday, when she went for a ride on her silver-and-lavender Schwinn bike. She did not show up for a test Friday and did not report to work at BYU's Harold B. Lee Library on Saturday.

Family members and friends searched Provo Sunday and blanketed the area with fliers with Cleverley's picture on it. Argyle said Provo police have checked the Provo River Trail several times, with some officers searching on their own time. He said Provo and BYU police also have been through Rock Canyon Park.

The department has received some leads, but Argyle said they have not turned up anything.

Argyle said Capt. Dave Bolda would be coordinating volunteer efforts to search for Cleverley.

More at link: http://www.sltrib.com/ci_6799615

This is another young woman who seems to have everything going for her including the support of her family and friends. It would be so unlikely that she would just take off considering her work/study load and the fact that she didn't have a car. Bikes don't get you that far anymore.

Unfortunately this fits the profile of an abducted person, boy, I hope I am wrong.

Missing BYU Student's Debit Card Used Friday
    September 4th, 2007 @ 4:01pm
    Sandra Yi Reporting

There's been no sign of a BYU student missing since Thursday, but there's new information this afternoon that might provide some answers.

Police are still talking to Camille Cleverley's relatives, friends and neighbors. They're also investigating a charge on her debit card.

"We just have no idea what happened to her after that Thursday," Capt. Cliff Argyle of the Provo Police Department said.

Cleverley's disappearance is still a big mystery. Investigators' best lead, so far, appears to be a debit card transaction at a convenience store. "It was here in Provo, not going to be specific with the location, but it was about 11 a.m. on Friday," Argyle said.

The store didn't have surveillance video, but the clerk told police the person who used the card could have been Cleverley. Police are still trying to confirm that.

More at link: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1746272

I'm hoping she was stressed out and wasn't prepared for her test on Friday, so she just decided to go take a "break".

It would be interesting to know the item that was purchased with her debit card.

or stressed out because her boyfriend was talking "marriage".

In the article linked above, it does say that there were no surveillance cameras in the store, but that whoever used the card, purchased chocolate donuts and a couple of drinks. It's funny, I thought it said chocolate donuts and something else earlier, not drinks. But the 2 drinks is interesting.

Store clerks say they're not sure who made the purchase, and police claim there's no surveillance video. Whoever it was bought a pack of chocolate donuts and a couple drinks. It's a lead, some evidence, but not enough to answer the most pressing question.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Though numerous tips have poured into the Provo Police Department, no one has called to say they have seen a young woman matching Camille's description, according to the chief. And no one knew of any plans she had to go away for the long holiday weekend.

As far as whether foul play might be involved, the missing student's mother and police both said they didn't have enough information to go on.

"We have no idea," said Susan Cleverley. "(Police) have several diff scenarios that they’re working on. Right now, we’re trying to get a lead on any one of them."

Cleverley lived in an off-campus apartment and had just met her new roommate before she disappeared, her brother David Cleverley said.

"It could be anything from her getting hurt and lost to an abduction. It's been tough," said 24-year-old David Cleverley, a student at Utah State University in Logan. "It's frustrating to try to put it all together because we have nowhere to start. We don't know what she was thinking when she left."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295644,00.html

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast