1078 users online (202 members and 876 guests)  

Websleuths News

WY - Bryan (Merkison) Lehman, 16, Rawlins, Aug 1997

It's a story that no one imagined would ever have a happy ending.

And it truly is bittersweet for the family of Bryan (Merkison) Lehman, who discovered that their brother, once thought gone forever, truly is alive and well.

The Rawlins Daily Times reported in its August 30 edition of the amazing saga that reconnected the now 26-year-old man with his family, nearly a decade after he'd gone missing.

He was listed on the National Center of Missing and Exploited Children, reported missing by his now-deceased mother and, now, has been found by his Carbon County relatives.

The case had grown cold long ago, after Bryan Lehman had been reported missing after being abducted by a man named James Edwards.

That article sure doesn't go into details, does it? I wish him well. I'm sorry his mom didn't live to see the day her son was returned. She must have died with quite a heartache.

This must give hope to other families that have missing children though. Praise God!

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I so wish he had been found before his mother died. I wonder who this James Edwards is and why he abducted Bryan.

Why did his mother wait 2 months to report him abducted or missing?

I googles him and found the obit for his mother ( I am pretty sure it is her) I am guessing the boy lived with his dad, or perhaps this was a perantal abduction. her obit says she was a lifelong resident of MS. Something doesn't add up here.

Wow. I cant find anything else at all on Brian. I wonder if he went willingly and wanted to be with this James Edwards?