1539 users online (252 members and 1287 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - Samuel Reta, 8 mos, beaten to death, Ontario, 25 Aug 2007

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295585,00.html

California Infant Dies After Mom Uses Meth Pipe Swab to Clean His Nose

Monday, September 03, 2007

ONTARIO, Calif. An 8-month-old boy has died after his mother told police she accidentally cleaned his nose with a cotton swab used earlier to clean a methamphetamine pipe.
    Samuel Reta of Ontario was declared dead Friday at Loma Linda University Medical Center, according to the San Bernardino County Coroner's office.
    Reta had been in a coma since police responding to a child-not-breathing emergency call early Thursday found him in full cardiac arrest. The baby also has a fractured skull, broken arm and pneumonia, police said.
    Elizabeth Reta, 27, was arrested Thursday and booked for investigation of felony child abuse.
    Click here for FOXNews.com's Crime center.
    Her boyfriend Juan Antonio Sanchez Jr., who surrendered to police later that night, was also arrested on suspicion of abusing the child, officials said.
    It was not immediately known if Reta and Sanchez faced additional charges now that they boy had died, police Sgt. Joseph Giallo said Monday.
    Reta had told police she gave the baby a bath, and then used the cotton swab to clean his nose because it was itching, police said. She said she didn't know the swab had been used to clean a methamphetamine pipe.
    /**/
    It wasn't clear when the baby suffered the broken bones. Police said some of the injuries may be the result of Sanchez's attempt to rouse the baby from his seizure.

Oh Im sure it was an accident, just like them broken bones and skull fracture. What a waste of human skin.

Angry

area newspaper w/photo of (hate to say parents)

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_6787980

...Sanchez said he shook and struck his girlfriend's baby several times to try to stop the boy's seizures, police said.....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Since when does hitting a kid get it to stop having seizures, this burns me up so bad!

California Infant Dies After Mom Uses Meth Pipe Swab to Clean His Nose

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295585,00.html

ONTARIO, Calif. — An 8-month-old boy has died after his mother told police she accidentally cleaned his nose with a cotton swab used earlier to clean a methamphetamine pipe.
    Samuel Reta of Ontario was declared dead Friday at Loma Linda University Medical Center, according to the San Bernardino County Coroner's office.
    Reta had been in a coma since police responding to a child-not-breathing emergency call early Thursday found him in full cardiac arrest. The baby also has a fractured skull, broken arm and pneumonia, police said.
    Elizabeth Reta, 27, was arrested Thursday and booked for investigation of felony child abuse.
    (more at link) (boyfriend also arrested)

Oh geez, how awful.

Well there you go, she certainly wasn't what I pictured in my mind, she looks a bit healthy to have been taking drugs! but reading the article it could have been the b/friend who used them, not her..she said she didn't know the swab had been used to clean the pipe..

That profile doesn't seem to fit the crime, proud parent, Christian, teacher- but I guess you can write anything in your profile..

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat View Post
    Well there you go, she certainly wasn't what I pictured in my mind, she looks a bit healthy to have been taking drugs! but reading the article it could have been the b/friend who used them, not her..she said she didn't know the swab had been used to clean the pipe..

That profile doesn't seem to fit the crime, proud parent, Christian, teacher- but I guess you can write anything in your profile..

I know what you mean, narlacat. I checked pictures for the names just to make sure I had the right person. There was little "Sammy".

My youngest has had seizures and I can't get over the last statement of that article that says:

It wasn't clear when the baby suffered the broken bones. Police said some of the injuries may be the result of Sanchez's attempt to rouse the baby from his seizure.

Even with her first seizure we were scared as heck, but didn't fracture her skull or break any bones trying to "rouse" her out of it. Can they tell how old the fractures are in that poor baby?

I used to think broken bones would hurt enough where a baby or child would cry and cry till it got better many days later, and surely someone in charge would know something was wrong. My daughter just broke her arm and with the exception of the first 6 hours, she's in no pain whatsoever. So maybe this mom had an evil boyfriend and she had no idea of abuse or drugs....

Is the boyfriend the dad of the baby? Just curious..

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    I know what you mean, narlacat. I checked pictures for the names just to make sure I had the right person. There was little "Sammy".

My youngest has had seizures and I can't get over the last statement of that article that says:

Even with her first seizure we were scared as heck, but didn't fracture her skull or break any bones trying to "rouse" her out of it. Can they tell how old the fractures are in that poor baby?

I used to think broken bones would hurt enough where a baby or child would cry and cry till it got better many days later, and surely someone in charge would know something was wrong. My daughter just broke her arm and with the exception of the first 6 hours, she's in no pain whatsoever. So maybe this mom had an evil boyfriend and she had no idea of abuse or drugs....
    Sorry about your youngest Taxi- how awful for you.

That's what I thought when I read the article, must have tried to shake her out of it- like that would work

Thanks, Narla. It's not so bad now that we understand them a little better.

I can tell you though that I did not shake my then 2 yr old enough to break or even bruise anything.

I see we have two threads going now on this article! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Thanks, Narla. It's not so bad now that we understand them a little better.

I can tell you though that I did not shake my then 2 yr old enough to break or even bruise anything.

I see we have two threads going now on this article! lol
    Yes I see that too- check her pic in this link from the other thread- not as flattering as the one in her myspace profile!

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    Is the boyfriend the dad of the baby? Just curious..
    Probably not- they maybe would have said de facto if he was?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronettes View Post
    area newspaper w/photo of (hate to say parents)

...Sanchez said he shook and struck his girlfriend's baby several times to try to stop the boy's seizures, police said.....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=151740019

She looks a bit different in her myspace profile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast