1539 users online (252 members and 1287 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567

    CA - Samuel Reta, 8 mos, beaten to death, Ontario, 25 Aug 2007

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295585,00.html

    California Infant Dies After Mom Uses Meth Pipe Swab to Clean His Nose

    Monday, September 03, 2007

    ONTARIO, Calif. An 8-month-old boy has died after his mother told police she accidentally cleaned his nose with a cotton swab used earlier to clean a methamphetamine pipe.
    Samuel Reta of Ontario was declared dead Friday at Loma Linda University Medical Center, according to the San Bernardino County Coroner's office.
    Reta had been in a coma since police responding to a child-not-breathing emergency call early Thursday found him in full cardiac arrest. The baby also has a fractured skull, broken arm and pneumonia, police said.
    Elizabeth Reta, 27, was arrested Thursday and booked for investigation of felony child abuse.
    Click here for FOXNews.com's Crime center.
    Her boyfriend Juan Antonio Sanchez Jr., who surrendered to police later that night, was also arrested on suspicion of abusing the child, officials said.
    It was not immediately known if Reta and Sanchez faced additional charges now that they boy had died, police Sgt. Joseph Giallo said Monday.
    Reta had told police she gave the baby a bath, and then used the cotton swab to clean his nose because it was itching, police said. She said she didn't know the swab had been used to clean a methamphetamine pipe.
    /**/
    It wasn't clear when the baby suffered the broken bones. Police said some of the injuries may be the result of Sanchez's attempt to rouse the baby from his seizure.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lake Charles, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,097
    Oh Im sure it was an accident, just like them broken bones and skull fracture. What a waste of human skin.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7

    Angry

    area newspaper w/photo of (hate to say parents)


    http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_6787980

    ...Sanchez said he shook and struck his girlfriend's baby several times to try to stop the boy's seizures, police said.....

    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lake Charles, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,097
    Since when does hitting a kid get it to stop having seizures, this burns me up so bad!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234

    California Infant Dies After Mom Uses Meth Pipe Swab to Clean His Nose

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295585,00.html


    ONTARIO, Calif. — An 8-month-old boy has died after his mother told police she accidentally cleaned his nose with a cotton swab used earlier to clean a methamphetamine pipe.
    Samuel Reta of Ontario was declared dead Friday at Loma Linda University Medical Center, according to the San Bernardino County Coroner's office.
    Reta had been in a coma since police responding to a child-not-breathing emergency call early Thursday found him in full cardiac arrest. The baby also has a fractured skull, broken arm and pneumonia, police said.
    Elizabeth Reta, 27, was arrested Thursday and booked for investigation of felony child abuse.
    (more at link) (boyfriend also arrested)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Oh geez, how awful.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Well there you go, she certainly wasn't what I pictured in my mind, she looks a bit healthy to have been taking drugs! but reading the article it could have been the b/friend who used them, not her..she said she didn't know the swab had been used to clean the pipe..

    That profile doesn't seem to fit the crime, proud parent, Christian, teacher- but I guess you can write anything in your profile..

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat View Post
    Well there you go, she certainly wasn't what I pictured in my mind, she looks a bit healthy to have been taking drugs! but reading the article it could have been the b/friend who used them, not her..she said she didn't know the swab had been used to clean the pipe..

    That profile doesn't seem to fit the crime, proud parent, Christian, teacher- but I guess you can write anything in your profile..

    I know what you mean, narlacat. I checked pictures for the names just to make sure I had the right person. There was little "Sammy".

    My youngest has had seizures and I can't get over the last statement of that article that says:

    It wasn't clear when the baby suffered the broken bones. Police said some of the injuries may be the result of Sanchez's attempt to rouse the baby from his seizure.

    Even with her first seizure we were scared as heck, but didn't fracture her skull or break any bones trying to "rouse" her out of it. Can they tell how old the fractures are in that poor baby?

    I used to think broken bones would hurt enough where a baby or child would cry and cry till it got better many days later, and surely someone in charge would know something was wrong. My daughter just broke her arm and with the exception of the first 6 hours, she's in no pain whatsoever. So maybe this mom had an evil boyfriend and she had no idea of abuse or drugs....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,542
    Is the boyfriend the dad of the baby? Just curious..


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    I know what you mean, narlacat. I checked pictures for the names just to make sure I had the right person. There was little "Sammy".

    My youngest has had seizures and I can't get over the last statement of that article that says:

    It wasn't clear when the baby suffered the broken bones. Police said some of the injuries may be the result of Sanchez's attempt to rouse the baby from his seizure.

    Even with her first seizure we were scared as heck, but didn't fracture her skull or break any bones trying to "rouse" her out of it. Can they tell how old the fractures are in that poor baby?

    I used to think broken bones would hurt enough where a baby or child would cry and cry till it got better many days later, and surely someone in charge would know something was wrong. My daughter just broke her arm and with the exception of the first 6 hours, she's in no pain whatsoever. So maybe this mom had an evil boyfriend and she had no idea of abuse or drugs....
    Sorry about your youngest Taxi- how awful for you.

    That's what I thought when I read the article, must have tried to shake her out of it- like that would work

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    Thanks, Narla. It's not so bad now that we understand them a little better.

    I can tell you though that I did not shake my then 2 yr old enough to break or even bruise anything.

    I see we have two threads going now on this article! lol

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Thanks, Narla. It's not so bad now that we understand them a little better.

    I can tell you though that I did not shake my then 2 yr old enough to break or even bruise anything.

    I see we have two threads going now on this article! lol
    Yes I see that too- check her pic in this link from the other thread- not as flattering as the one in her myspace profile!

    http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_6787980

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    Is the boyfriend the dad of the baby? Just curious..
    Probably not- they maybe would have said de facto if he was?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronettes View Post
    area newspaper w/photo of (hate to say parents)


    http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_6787980

    ...Sanchez said he shook and struck his girlfriend's baby several times to try to stop the boy's seizures, police said.....

    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=151740019

    She looks a bit different in her myspace profile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY TX - Jacqueline Gonzalez, 3, beaten to death, El Paso, 19 Nov 2007
    By imthemom in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-25-2015, 01:35 AM
  2. GUILTY AZ - Charlene Campopiano, 15 mos, beaten to death, Phoenix, 21 Dec 2007
    By Nocgirl in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2015, 05:32 PM
  3. GUILTY UK - Sharon Stokes, 35, beaten to death, Exmouth, 14 Feb 2007
    By missacorah in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2015, 06:38 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 11:45 AM
  5. GUILTY OR - Caleb Hearne, 2, beaten to death, Phoenix, 22 Feb 2007
    By Missizzy in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-27-2010, 05:49 PM

Tags for this Thread