1258 users online (206 members and 1052 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fall River, MA
    Posts
    256

    CA - Christine Young Ho Park, 26, San Bernardino, 3 Sept 1993

    Christine Young Ho Park





    Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: September 3, 1993 from San Bernardino, California
    Classification: Missing
    Date of Birth: September 5, 1966
    Age: 26 years old
    Height and Weight: 5'3, 115 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, brown eyes. Park is of Korean descent.
    Clothing/Jewelry Description: Blue jean shorts and a gray sweatshirt with the words "Bowdin College" written on the front.





    Details of Disappearance
    Park was last seen at the Arrowhead Springs Conference Center in San Bernardino, California on September 3, 1993, two days before her twenty-seventh birthday. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

    Investigating Agency

    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    San Bernardino County Sheriffs Department
    909-387-3699

    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...christine.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fall River, MA
    Posts
    256
    Today, September 3, 2007, marks the fourteenth anniversary of Christine's disappearance. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Christine Young Ho Park's disappearance, please contact the San Bernardino County Sheriffs Department the 909-387-3699 or your local police station (you can remain annonymous).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    977
    I could never get a confirmation from law enforcement about this, but I think Christine's shirt probably actually said "Bowdoin College." There's a Bowdoin College, pronounced "bo-din," in Maine. I can't find any Bowdin Colleges anywhere, though. I wrote to them about it ages ago and they said they'd check, but never got back to me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    Bump

    Christine has been missing almost 17 years. Come home soon.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,562
    Missing for 20 years today. Christine is about to turn 47 y/o if she's still alive.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    588
    A few extra details I've found: Arrowhead Springs Conference Centre was used for church groups and Christian conferences, and from the 60s until 1991 was used as the headquarters of Campus Crusade for Christ.

    So, we can fairly safely hazard a guess that Christine was there for some variety of Christian event.

    Also, I wonder how long she had been in the US - since childhood? School? Did she come to study at Bowdoin?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    588
    Have found an old (but undated) address for her:

    17432 Minnehaha St, Granada Hills, CA, 91344-6046

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by meggilyweggily View Post
    I could never get a confirmation from law enforcement about this, but I think Christine's shirt probably actually said "Bowdoin College." There's a Bowdoin College, pronounced "bo-din," in Maine. I can't find any Bowdin Colleges anywhere, though. I wrote to them about it ages ago and they said they'd check, but never got back to me.
    I think you're definitely right.

    Man, there is just NO information on this girl anywhere. Perhaps she was a recent immigrant?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by alllads View Post
    A few extra details I've found: Arrowhead Springs Conference Centre was used for church groups and Christian conferences, and from the 60s until 1991 was used as the headquarters of Campus Crusade for Christ.

    So, we can fairly safely hazard a guess that Christine was there for some variety of Christian event.

    Also, I wonder how long she had been in the US - since childhood? School? Did she come to study at Bowdoin?
    Maybe someone should contact that church---perhaps they have information on her attending services, or people who might've known her?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by leilarose68 View Post
    Maybe someone should contact that church---perhaps they have information on her attending services, or people who might've known her?
    I've tried to find it, but it looks like all sorts of churches did events there. Also, unfortunately the conference centre has since change ownership and is now going to be redeveloped as something else, so can't even ask them for their scheduling for September 1993.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by alllads View Post
    I've tried to find it, but it looks like all sorts of churches did events there. Also, unfortunately the conference centre has since change ownership and is now going to be redeveloped as something else, so can't even ask them for their scheduling for September 1993.
    I guess the only route to possibly get more info is emailing LE. the fact that her photo is in black and white as well is just so... odd. i feel like few people probably knew her and maybe her parents were in Korea or something. there's just zero mention of her anywhere. have you had any luck in finding anything on her?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by leilarose68 View Post
    I guess the only route to possibly get more info is emailing LE. the fact that her photo is in black and white as well is just so... odd. i feel like few people probably knew her and maybe her parents were in Korea or something. there's just zero mention of her anywhere. have you had any luck in finding anything on her?
    Have found absolutely no other information about her unfortunately, absolutely nothing. I did find her in public records sometimes as Christine Young Hoon Park, but that may well be a misspelling. The Granada Hills address was at some point (no dates, so may have been before or after Christine's time) lived in by other people with the surname Park - but that doesn't help much, as Park is an incredibly common Korean surname. Her case isn't listed on the San Bernardino County Sheriff's website, but is listed by the California missing person register, so I think I might email them and ask... I can't find an email address for them unfortunately, but will keep looking.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by alllads View Post
    Have found absolutely no other information about her unfortunately, absolutely nothing. I did find her in public records sometimes as Christine Young Hoon Park, but that may well be a misspelling. The Granada Hills address was at some point (no dates, so may have been before or after Christine's time) lived in by other people with the surname Park - but that doesn't help much, as Park is an incredibly common Korean surname. Her case isn't listed on the San Bernardino County Sheriff's website, but is listed by the California missing person register, so I think I might email them and ask... I can't find an email address for them unfortunately, but will keep looking.
    Maybe someone could email Bowdoin College as well. Can't find her connected to there in google search but maybe they have a secret alumni directory? If we tell them the details of the case perhaps they'd wanna help out
    Update: I emailed someone that deals with Bowdoin alumni and hopefully she'll respond with some answers!
    Last edited by leilarose68; 11-07-2013 at 07:28 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by leilarose68 View Post
    Maybe someone could email Bowdoin College as well. Can't find her connected to there in google search but maybe they have a secret alumni directory? If we tell them the details of the case perhaps they'd wanna help out
    Update: I emailed someone that deals with Bowdoin alumni and hopefully she'll respond with some answers!
    Did you have any luck with this? Frustrating when there is so little information about a case.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by alllads View Post
    Did you have any luck with this? Frustrating when there is so little information about a case.
    I asked a friend to look her up but she wasn't there/wouldn't have been there. people have to add themselves to the directory.



Similar Threads

  1. Deceased/Not Found Canada - Christine Harron, 15, Hanover ON, 18 May 1993 *arrest*
    By coco36 in forum 1990's Missing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-16-2016, 02:52 PM
  2. IL IL - James Kimball, 24, Oak Park, 13 April 1993
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum 1990's Missing
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-21-2016, 09:05 AM
  3. NY NY - Christine Marie Markey, 22, Oneida, 10 January 1993
    By JusticeWillBeServed in forum 1990's Missing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2015, 10:42 AM
  4. IL - Registered Child Sex Offender Caught In A Park With Young Boy, Oak Park
    By Riddinx in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 09:09 PM

Tags for this Thread