MS - Brandi Laurent, 29, Hancock County, 3 Aug 2007

2sisters

Reaction score
Search Continues For Missing Hancock County Woman

Brandi Laurent is a 1996 graduate of Hancock High, described as intelligent and compassionate. Friends may not know about her recent problems with drugs.
"She was determined to go out that night. And she had already been up for four days straight. She had gotten mixed in with some meth," said Brandi's husband, Leo Laurent.
He says the 29-year-old got caught up in drugs much deeper than she realized. She had left for short periods before, but always called to check on the children.
"This is not the woman I married. This is not the woman that her family knows. This is not the woman that I know," said her husband of nearly ten years.
http://wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=7012766&nav=6DJI
her mother's myspace page for Brandi
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=231750835

http://www.texasequusearch.org/
"Brandi Laurent, age 29, was last seen on Friday, August 3, 2007 around midnight walking on Fenton-Dedeaux Road in Kiln, Mississippi and has not been seen or heard from since. Brandi was last seen wearing a green tank top with khaki shorts and black flip flops. Brandi has tattoos on both calves, fairy on lower back, and BAILEE below her neck with Oriental writing underneath."

The road she dissappeard from is(if i remember right) very dark at night, leading to a main road that is alos very dary and curvy. Why was she even walking, where was she walking to? It is a long walk to anything from that area. I wonder if someone hit her with a car and hid her body.

I just came on to start a thread for her-but ya already have one up-thank you 2sisters. I'm going to try to find some more info/links

I don't like the circumstances of this. Leaving the middle of nowhere on foot at midnight. Anything could have happened, a looney driving along, she could have been hit by a car. She was a few miles from anywhere but also not too far from the interstate.

According to a blog that she left on her own myspace page on August 5th, she was tired of being a mother and wanted to do something for herself. She met a man and went to be with him... ( I found her myspace page off of her husband Leo's page )

her family will be having a vigil on Sunday-7pm at Hancock High School.

People who are addicted to Meth and have been up for 4 days are already in a bad way so she may have been paranoid and delusional which could explain her leaving in the middle of the night. She could have literally gone into "hiding" and had an accident or ran into trouble out in the open somewhere.

Has the family considered calling in EquuSearch? This would be one of the first things I would do.

She is listed on their page, seriously searching. i don't know if they list anyone of if you have to caontact them though.

Here friend seems to be doing such a good job with pullng things together-she is really on the ball. I really hope she comes home soon if she can :(

It is tragic. I'm so torn about it-considering they had marital problems. If she were leaving to go get more drugs why wouldn't she take the car, or her cell phone, or a wallet/purse? I find it hard to believe she would still just be out doing drugs and not have contactedd her family by now. Mississippi doesn't normally give much attention to missing adults and I think all of the publicity and the vigil would have brought her out of hiding by now.

Could it be that a friend was picking her up? Of course, the husband could be involved, but one scenario is just as likely as the other with her drug use. I'm from MS too and people involved in the meth trade in these parts had just as soon shoot you as look at you.

I agree that not a lot of attention is given to missing adults (or children for that matter) in Mississippi. At most, you see a blurb in the paper or on the news one time and that's it. Murders most likely committed by spouses often go cold too, at least the ones that I have known about.

It is possible that she was picked up, but when? I think if she had called someone for a ride before she left the house her husband would have mentioned it. From what I've heard-the road she would have traveled to get anywhere from her house isn't lit and is very rural.
Hope4lost-about where are you in MS, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm wondering if that note on her MySpace isn't just a bit convient. According to the people who knew her best she loved her children and wouldn't have just gone off with someone much less say that she was tired of being a mother. I could see someone writing "I'm tired of being a wife" but this gal is known to love her kids and not have that attitude.

With meth it really is hard to tell but I wouldn't cross the husband off of the suspect list. Maybe he got tired of being a husband to a meth user.

I agree Bobbisangel, in fact if it weren't for that blog I probably wouldn't think twice about assuming her disappearance is due to drugs and nothing more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back