811 users online (134 members and 677 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,293

    TX - Tim McCabe, 38, Midland, 27 August 2007

    Tim works for the same company as my husband. Please try to get the word out! He could have been harmed and his truck stolen anywhere within the 2 hour drive from Midland, TX to Hobbs, NM.

    Tim is a diesel mechanic and he left from Midland for work at 5:30 a.m. more than a week ago (Monday the 27th). He never arrived and hasn't been heard from since. Here's a copy of a company wide email and photo:


    Subject:
    Tim McCabe - Still Missing!!


    Tim is a new hire at XXX. Tim works for the Overhaul shop in the Hobbs Office. Please keep Tim and his family in your prayers. Also, if you have any information on Tim McCabe's whereabouts please call Midland Police!






    Midland Police need your help in finding missing man


    Midland Police are still searching for a man who has been missing since last week.

    According to officials, 38-year-old Timothy Dane McCabe was in route to his job in Hobbs on Monday.

    His fiance filed a missing person's report when his boss called on Tuesday asking if he was coming to work.

    McCabe is 6-2, and weighs around 175 pounds.
    He was last seen driving a 1997 Maroon GMC Extended Cab Pickup.

    If you have any information about where he is, contact Midland Police.






  2. #2
    Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,293
    This makes me so nervous for my own husband! Even though we don't live or travel in the same area as Tim, my dh does work the same areas doing a different type of work than Tim - very remote areas and all by himself in many different states. I've often worried about him having an accident and the poor cell phone reception in a lot of these places. Tim missing has made me realize that criminal activity could be a concern as well. If someone up to no good came upon him with no cell signal my dh wouldn't have much of a chance.

    I pray that isn't what happened to Tim, but I've heard that he seemed to be a good and steady man with close ties to his family and plans to get married soon. It doesn't seem he's the type to just take off.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    I hope he is found alive and well soon. Does he have any health problems (like seizures or diabetes where he might have blacked out)? Carry a cell phone?

  4. #4
    Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks Taximom. I haven't heard of any health problems, but I'm sure he carries a company issued cell phone. However, many of these guys don't check in at the 'office' first, they might head directly from home to a remote area to work on something. If that happened, then his cell might not get any reception.

    Word is that he is a good and responsible man, close to his family and about to be married, so it's doubtful he ran off. Of course, you never know for sure.

    I know a lot of our members live in Texas and I hope they'll keep an eye out for the truck - a 1997 Maroon GMC Extended Cab Pickup.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,715

    a thought

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Thanks Taximom. I haven't heard of any health problems, but I'm sure he carries a company issued cell phone. However, many of these guys don't check in at the 'office' first, they might head directly from home to a remote area to work on something. If that happened, then his cell might not get any reception.

    Word is that he is a good and responsible man, close to his family and about to be married, so it's doubtful he ran off. Of course, you never know for sure.

    I know a lot of our members live in Texas and I hope they'll keep an eye out for the truck - a 1997 Maroon GMC Extended Cab Pickup.
    Some companies now track their employees whereabouts by use of the company issued cell phone with a GPS feature. They do this to make sure someone is not at home or at the golfcourse while billing the company for at work "on the clock".

    Even if this company did not intend to use such a thing if the phone has the feature it might be possible to use it to find the missing person. - Just a thought.

  6. #6
    Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by docwho3 View Post
    Some companies now track their employees whereabouts by use of the company issued cell phone with a GPS feature. They do this to make sure someone is not at home or at the golfcourse while billing the company for at work "on the clock".

    Even if this company did not intend to use such a thing if the phone has the feature it might be possible to use it to find the missing person. - Just a thought.
    Thanks docwho, very good idea. I'll pass it on to the company, and it would not surprise me that the cells do have that feature as it's a huge international company. Hopefully LE is thinking of these things too!

  7. #7
    Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,293
    I just wanted to add a little more info.

    Tim had an apartment in Hobbs, NM and spent the week there while working. He spent weekends in Midland with his fiance; this is why she didn't report him missing until Tuesday morning when his boss called.

    Also, he has a $30,000 motorcycle that is still in storage in Hobbs, NM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    I just wanted to add a little more info.

    Tim had an apartment in Hobbs, NM and spent the week there while working. He spent weekends in Midland with his fiance; this is why she didn't report him missing until Tuesday morning when his boss called.

    Also, he has a $30,000 motorcycle that is still in storage in Hobbs, NM.
    I hope he wasn't living a double life in NM. He wouldn't be the first to do something like that.

    I guess I watch too many Lifetime TV movies. I really hope he's found alive and well soon.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    I hope he wasn't living a double life in NM. He wouldn't be the first to do something like that.

    I guess I watch too many Lifetime TV movies. I really hope he's found alive and well soon.

    LOL, you and me both!!

    Prayers to Tim and his family. I hope he is found ok. Hope he didn't fall asleep at the wheel.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

  10. #10
    The drive looks very remote except for Andrews, TX and Eunice, NM. It is possible he could have had an accident. A man with a $30,000.00 bike doesn't sound like one that would take off...unless he was having financial trouble. (The fiance, I hate to say this and no offense to her, isn't always a reason to stay...but the bike...well...boys and their toys. They put a huge emphasis on certain material things.)

    Have they not filed a missing person's report? I couldn't find anything on the net about him. The family should already be getting this out to the media. Maybe your DH could inquire if the company has plans for a search or if they could assist in making and distributing fliers. It would be great for them to offer a reward!

    LE should move quickly on the pings from his cell phone (they mentioned he was a new hire so would he already have been given a company phone?). I know in certain areas of Texas that cell coverage is spotty which could be a problem in this case, however.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.


  11. #11
    Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,293
    LOL about the bike That's exactly what my dh said, no way a man would run away without his Harley. Boys and their toys indeed!

    There has been a missing persons report filed... but only two little news articles in Midland and nothing in the Hobbs area. No one even knew he was missing until more than 24 hours had passed. Burns me that his truck license plate # hasn't been released!

    Anyway, after the email and photo in my 1st post is a link to one news article and the picture they published. They used his full name - Timothy Dane McCabe.

    Taximom, I asked my dh about the apartment and he said it's company owned because of a housing shortage in Hobbs. So he was pretty much just staying there to make it easier to get to work... but yeah, you never know what he could have been up to.

    I hope someone is working on tracing the cell, but I haven't heard anything.

  12. #12
    Do his parents live in the area?
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2

    Possible Issue

    I just heard about Tim. He and my husband have worked together at 2 different companies since 2000. We are very concerned for him and are praying for a quick resolution.
    The route between Hobbs and Midland may appear desolate on a map, but it is not. It is very well traveled. I know this because I am also from Hobbs and I know that area like the back of my hand.
    Our concern is that Tim may have gone on a drinking binge and gotten harmed. I remember several years ago when he would disappear for a week at a time because he had been drinking. This has been more than a week so everyone has reason to worry.
    We are praying that he has just decided to work some things out with himself and will return in one piece. I can only imagine the torture his fiance is going through.
    Our prayers are with you, Tim.

  14. #14
    Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,293
    Hi Griffingang and welcome to the forums. Tim's been missing nearly 3 weeks now. I've heard of people going off on long drinking binges but 3 weeks is a very long time and that is very worrisome. I hope LE has searched the jail records in both Texas and New Mexico in case he was arrested.

    Do you know if Tim is close to his family? I really hope he's alright and will contact someone very soon.


    Quote Originally Posted by Griffingang View Post
    I just heard about Tim. He and my husband have worked together at 2 different companies since 2000. We are very concerned for him and are praying for a quick resolution.
    The route between Hobbs and Midland may appear desolate on a map, but it is not. It is very well traveled. I know this because I am also from Hobbs and I know that area like the back of my hand.
    Our concern is that Tim may have gone on a drinking binge and gotten harmed. I remember several years ago when he would disappear for a week at a time because he had been drinking. This has been more than a week so everyone has reason to worry.
    We are praying that he has just decided to work some things out with himself and will return in one piece. I can only imagine the torture his fiance is going through.
    Our prayers are with you, Tim.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,710
    If he is an alcoholic and was struggling with recovery, he could be feeling embarassed, ashamed and hopeless if he slipped up and had a drink.

    Believe me, all it takes is one little slip-up to send an alcoholic reeling in to the never-never-land of alcoholic drinking.

    His friends and family need to have a plan ready to deal with the possibility he would be ready to get some professional help if and when he turns up. There are several good places in Texas that you can call to find out what you need to do to be prepared to get him admitted to a good program right away( as in, put him in the car, give him his favorite drink and take him straight there!), because if you aren't ready, his disease will talk him out of getting help. Trying to detox without medical intervention can and does kill, so let him drink what he needs to until he gets to the medical center. Once he is off the alcohol for a few days his thinking will become able to begin to learn how to live without the alcohol.

    No offense meant to those who have been sucessful with just AA, but AA used to an alcoholic's only hope. So much progress has been made in the medical field of addictionology, and for a person who truly wants to be rid of this horrible addiction, in-patient treatment with proper medical care can be a God-send! I finally beat my addiction that way, and although I am still physically an alcoholic, I no longer crave alcohol. In fact, the thought of having to drink turns my stomach, praise God!


    Please forgive me if this unsolicited advise bothers anyone. I hope your friend will contact someone he knows soon. You can't help him until he truly is willing to do whatever it takes to beat his addiction!

    Sobriety Rocks!
    Susan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. FL FL - Heather MacCrossen, 26, Gainesville, 17 August 2007
    By OkieGranny in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2017, 03:58 PM
  2. GUILTY SC - Javeion Mayes, 4, Greenville, August 2007
    By kwatson696 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 04-20-2015, 01:00 AM
  3. MI MI - Adriean Bell, 15, 18 August 2007
    By amandab in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 11:15 AM