Scientology faces criminal charges-Should be labeled Criminal Organization

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
A Belgian prosecutor on Tuesday recommended that the U.S.-based Church of Scientology stand trial for fraud and extortion, following a 10-year investigation that concluded the group should be labeled a criminal organization. Scientology said it would fight the criminal charges recommended by investigating prosecutor Jean-Claude Van Espen, who said that up to 12 unidentified people should face charges.
Van Espen's probe also concluded that Scientology's Brussels-based Europe office and its Belgian missions conducted unlawful practices in medicine, violated privacy laws and used illegal business contracts, said Lieve Pellens, a spokeswoman at the Federal Prosecutors Office.
"They also face charges of being ... a criminal organization," Pellens said in a telephone interview.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070904...ientology_1;_ylt=AiPVyd3oHNNaXwcz1C1psBsE1vAI

scientology is a very dangerous cult. Why is nothing ever done about them? They are dangerous, use mind control and bullying against their followers. Are the heads of scientolory any different from Jim Jones of David Koresh? it seems like since celebs follow this church then everything they do is OK.

ohh I wonder what Tommyboy Cruise will say about Scientology now?

scientology is a very dangerous cult. Why is nothing ever done about them? They are dangerous, use mind control and bullying against their followers. Are the heads of scientolory any different from Jim Jones of David Koresh? it seems like since celebs follow this church then everything they do is OK.

Scientology is NOT recognized in most countries as a religion.
I know the US gave them the status of a "religion" many years back, so that they can be a non-profit 501C3 and qualify for tax-exempt status.

Scientology is a corporation in Europe. Not a religion.
And Tommy and the gang do not like it one bit.:snooty::snooty::snooty:

We had an interesting and informative discussion about Scientology earlier this year. Here's the thread:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49461&highlight=scientology

Scientology's not my thing, but neither does it bother me. Lots of European countries seem to hate it. It will be ironic if Brussels deems it a criminal organization while the US deems it a religion.

Excellent News--Go Belgium Go! Scientology is definitely a cult but more importantly, it is an incredibly stupid cult that only the truly ignorant would ever believe--Aliens landed 40,000 years ago and started the human race LMAO

Excellent News--Go Belgium Go! Scientology is definitely a cult but more importantly, it is an incredibly stupid cult that only the truly ignorant would ever believe--Aliens landed 40,000 years ago and started the human race LMAO

I have said this before but for sake of clarity I will say it again... The story of Xenu (The alien thing) is not taught to just "any" Scientologist. Many, perhaps even MOST Scientologists NEVER even hear of it. The story of Xenu is very secretive and is not taught until OT III and hundreds and hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of dollars have been given to the cult.

Most people within Scientology never even make it to "clear" let alone OT III.

Trust me, I'm not defending Scientology in any way I'm just trying to be honest about what members know and when they are taught certain things.

That Belgium is lying of course! Everyone but Scientology lies, don't you know! LOL

Did anyone see the south park that explained scientology?

What level do you have to be to have silent childbirth? Who's ever even heard of silent childbirth? I think that is just incredibly unfair on the poor woman in labor being told by a bunch of kooky people to not make a sound during childbirth with no medicine (t.g.f.epidurals). Oh well, the world is full of kooks and weirdos.

Did anyone see the south park that explained scientology?

Yes!! Chef - Isaac Hayes left the show b/c of it....then they dedicated a whole show to how bad it was and that chef would someday return. I actually think it's the only decent approach they took to anything. Of course, all other subjects are hilarious....but perhaps not decent.

My husband tells me that secretly, Scientology thinks it can 'cure' homosexuals and that's why Tom Cruise and John Travolta are members. Kinda curious, really, considering all the gossip about those 2.

Craziest thing for me is that anyone thinks homosexuality is what needs a cure....not homophobia???

What level do you have to be to have silent childbirth? Who's ever even heard of silent childbirth? I think that is just incredibly unfair on the poor woman in labor being told by a bunch of kooky people to not make a sound during childbirth with no medicine (t.g.f.epidurals). Oh well, the world is full of kooks and weirdos.

The silent birth is not "manditory", only strongly suggested throughout all levels of Scientology from pre-clear on up. It isn't forced upon any woman, she and her partner choose what kind of birthing process they wish to experience.

The catch here is that the brainwashing within Scientology is so quick and so complete that most members end up thinking that it was their idea in the first place and not something that Scientology placed in their minds. Sounds are allowed during labor and delivery, it's just words that are not.

The reasoning (Of course Scientology doesn't admit to this- they say it's to ease the trauma for the baby) behind the silent birth and not talking to a newborn baby for a period of one week is to keep the bonds within the family weak. Scientologists are taught that their "religion" comes first, before anything else.. including family. The silence during this crucial bonding time for parents and newborn is one way the cult works to ensure that is the case.

Don't be glib, y'all. You don't understand the history of $cientology, Tommyboy does.

Yes!! Chef - Isaac Hayes left the show b/c of it....then they dedicated a whole show to how bad it was and that chef would someday return. I actually think it's the only decent approach they took to anything. Of course, all other subjects are hilarious....but perhaps not decent.

My husband tells me that secretly, Scientology thinks it can 'cure' homosexuals and that's why Tom Cruise and John Travolta are members. Kinda curious, really, considering all the gossip about those 2.

Craziest thing for me is that anyone thinks homosexuality is what needs a cure....not homophobia???

:laugh: :laugh: LOL, that is too funny, haven't heard that one before. I think Tom is a little, how shall I say, not quite right but their baby is one of the cutest little aliens I've ever seen.

I quite frankly do not care a bit about celebrity sexual orientation . Great, you are gay, I am straight, pleased to meet you, let's move on now. I can ot figure out why it is such a big deal if he is gay. Just come out already, we don't care! In fact, i may respect you more for being honest and open. I say that as if the gay community really wants my respect and admiration.

I quite frankly do not care a bit about celebrity sexual orientation . Great, you are gay, I am straight, pleased to meet you, let's move on now. I can ot figure out why it is such a big deal if he is gay. Just come out already, we don't care! In fact, i may respect you more for being honest and open. I say that as if the gay community really wants my respect and admiration.

's ok...I catch myself believing such things all the time.....sometimes I talk like the world is just waiting for my seal of approval :D

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back