Jerry Lewis Drops F-Bomb During Telethon

Well, at least Jerry didn't flash his nipple.

If he had, we'd just have to hold more telethons to cure all the cases of hysterical blindness.

If he had, we'd just have to hold more telethons to cure all the cases of hysterical blindness.

hahahahahahaha! thanks Nova I needed that!

Good grief. Can't these people just behave? Basic manners 101. amazing to me.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/09/04/jerry-lewis-drops-f-bomb-during-telethon/

(video too)
A woozy Jerry Lewis, 81, went all Isaiah Washington on his telethon last night, calling someone -- or something -- an "illiterate *advertiser censored*." (more at link)

Jerry Lewis has had this telethon for a thousand years now,and I say,good for him,his heart is in the right place. But,his mouth usually isn't,many many times through out the years I have seen him be rude and crass on these telethons,and often wondered how he could continue to still have them aired.

Yes he has, and I myself could use some uppers while trying to watch this show since it is so terminally boring and has been on forever

I admit I make it a point to not catch even one nano-second of the telethon.

Although now, doggone it, I missed the one truly riveting moment. Rats.

I admit I make it a point to not catch even one nano-second of the telethon.

Although now, doggone it, I missed the one truly riveting moment. Rats.

Thank goodness for youtube. What would have happened in the last century??? :crazy:

You have to remember that Jerry is from a different generation. Back then, all those "Greats" such as Dean Martin, Milton Beryle, Sammy D. Jr., etc., used words / vocabulary like that, including the "N" word. That was part of the humor. Nowadays, the words are restrictive and I say if Jerry has had only one "lapse" in all these recent years when it's become restrictive to do so, the man is doing a heck of a lot better than a lot of these younger people who've been raised that these words aren't "politically correct" any more and still insist on using them.

Jerry is 81 years old, in poor health, yet he goes on to do these telethons year after year after year. He's a generous man. I'm going to give him credit for all the good he's done in his 81 years, not condemn him for one slip.

Jerry is 81 years old, in poor health, yet he goes on to do these telethons year after year after year. He's a generous man. I'm going to give him credit for all the good he's done in his 81 years, not condemn him for one slip.

Besides, the F-bomb is for the FU word, not the one brought up here.

Well try to keep in mind that he came from the "Valley of the Dolls" generation where this word was used all the time. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Besides, the F-bomb is for the FU word, not the one brought up here.

When I first saw the headline, the FU word was what I thought he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/04/jerrylewis.telethon/index.html?eref=ib_us
Lewis apologizes

In Tuesday's statement, Lewis said, "I apologize to anyone who was offended.
"I obviously made a poor choice of words. Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard. In the family atmosphere of the telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well."

WHY is this one little use of a nonsensical word such a big deal, and nothing was ever mentioned of his chronic use of the "GD" word on his Fox News interview. They had to beep him at least 4 times for using the Lords name in vain, and no one gave a single thought to that, not even the reporter doing the interview.

In my oppenion, "GD" is the worst, and most offensive cuss word on the planet...but I hear it daily...everywhere I go.

WHY is this one little use of a nonsensical word such a big deal, and nothing was ever mentioned of his chronic use of the "GD" word on his Fox News interview. They had to beep him at least 4 times for using the Lords name in vain, and no one gave a single thought to that, not even the reporter doing the interview.

I'm not sure, but after that guy from that television show went to rehab for using the "f" word and Don Imus actually lost his job for his "nappy head" comment, I knew the world had gone nuts, so I don't try to figure these things out any more.

wow, Jerry is human after all!!

We all say things we regret once in a while. I remember when I was a kid that calling someone a "*advertiser censored*" meant something similar to doofus, idiot and weirdo.... not anything about being "gay".

I don't even think I realized what "gay" was until I was in my early teens.

Well try to keep in mind that he came from the "Valley of the Dolls" generation where this word was used all the time. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Your responses to me are confusing these days, my friend. I just made a joke about Nipple Gate. I said not one word about punishing Mr. Lewis.

I did a show years ago with a woman who was then Jerry Lewis' mistress. (Yes, it was so long ago we used that word.) I thought he was sort of an *advertiser censored*, but my contact with him was limited to seeing him wait backstage for his mistress to finish her bows.

In the meantime, he's raised a lot of money for a very worthy cause.

Now, he's 81, he slipped and said the word "" on TV, and has apologized for doing so. Good enough for me.

(ETA: I do think "" is a terrible word and more or less the equivalent of "." But it's still just a word and Lewis' apology should suffice.)

Now, he's 81, he slipped and said the word "" on TV, and has apologized for doing so. Good enough for me.

(ETA: I do think "" is a terrible word and more or less the equivalent of "." But it's still just a word and Lewis' apology should suffice.)

Well said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back