Resolved FL - Bay Co, WhtMale UP8089, 40-60, hit by car, tattoos: Lori & devil face, Jul'07 - Name withheld

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
MId-July Traffic Fatality Still Unidentified Save Email Print

Posted: 4:03 PM Sep 4, 2007
Last Updated: 4:03 PM Sep 4, 2007

He was killed seven weeks ago, and officials still don't know his name. A man killed by a car on Highway 231 between Bayou George and Youngstown on July 18th remains unidentified.

Witnesses say the man was standing in the outside southbound lane of US 231 near Hudson Road in the early morning hours when he was hit and killed by a 2001 Volkswagon.

The driver took evasive action but could not avoid hitting the victim.

The man was white, 35-45 years old, 5 feet 7 inches tall, 157 pounds with brown hair and eyes. He carried no identifying documents.
An F-B-I fingerprint check came up empty, and the man doesn’t match any missing person's description.

He did have several tattoos. One of the tattoos was the name "Lori", and another one depicted the devil. He also had tattoos of wings and a coyote. A check of area tattoo shops has not produced any leads

http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/9569582.html

I swear we need a "tattoo" site for the missing nationwide which automatically sends notices out to artists all over the country via their email! We also need a system to require the artists to keep such records for identification or require them to register a "logo" put within the tattoos themselves to track it back to the artist.

Why doesn't LE realize it is no different than DNA, fingerprints, or other exclusive ways to identify people? No two tattoos are exactly the same if they are done freehand.

Why is there no photo of this man or his tattoos given out to the public? It sounds like it is possible this man chose death by auto as suicide. (Which is so unfair to the person who tried to avoid hitting him and will have to live with this from now on.)

I am going to call investigating LE, see if I can talk them into emailing some photo's for us.

In the Stacey Forbes case LE was awesome, maybe I'll meet with the same response here.

I'll update you as I am.

I can't believe there hasn't been a picture or sketch released. Seems there had to be witnesses from all the details given in the story, yet nothing.
So sad. I'm hoping some info is released. Great job.

Nothing, had to leave message...going to try the paper that did the story.

Can't get reporter.....called Panama City ME office, it's close to there (I was just on this road this weekend, where the accident took place, what are the odds??? I never go anywhere but work & Walmart!)...anywho...Panama City ME was great...ME is out of office but girl is going to try and figure out if case is there or at another ME office and get us pics :D

If you watch the video in my initial link you can see the LORI & Devil tattoo, but I couldn't save.

OK, now we wait. (don't we all just get sick of waiting??)

Good job, Christine! You are such a mover and a shaker! WTG!

We wait...but I don't think we are very patient sometimes. LOL

OK...finally got call back from detective....he was excited to hear that we are willing to help...says he has lots of leads and going to see if they (you know policy) will allow us to help weed them out w/him...but he doesn't see anything that is promising yet.

He gave me good info, but I am at work and will have to post when I get home...I'll update y'all this evening!

WOOT!

Sorry that I didn't get here last night, I honestly forgot :slap:

What we learned from my tele convo w/detective, I asked a lot of questions ;):

*Man is between 35-45
*He was barefoot, but feet weren't horribly dirty.
*Clean shaven but needed a haircut.
*Leaning more towards homeless, but of course until ID made can't be 100%(MO).
*Couldn't find a camp anywhere, searched and searched for where he could have been 'staying', even by helicopter.
*2 witnessess came forward, truck drivers, who saw the man and said they wished they had reported it, he was walking along the road and they had to avoid him, but he didn't jump in front of them......do not think a suicide because he had 2 chances to jump in front of big rig and he ended up being hit by VW Jetta. (I questioned suicide because of the way the news article was worded that the car really swerved to avoid him. I got the impression det. thought that was embelished)
*Det has gotten A LOT of leads, I mentioned this, but nothing promising.
*In his opinion, based on the tattoos, we are looking S.E., FL, TN, maybe?
*no hit on fingerprints.

I asked for pics of all tattoos, asked for all body markings, scars, distictive moles, any odd things.

I asked for facial picture and he said not sure he could send..I asked for composite, if one could be done....he said no artist. I called GBI and they agreed to get the person they work with to work the FDLE and get photo for composite :D. I will discuss this with Det on Monday and get them all in contact.

Talked about getting the UID's DNA in CODIS, I will send him info about that also on Monday.

I wish I had asked about dentures, but will, and I wish I had asked about prior fractures and tox reports, but I will.

Anything else y'all think I can ask on Monday?

I doubt they will let us work his list of leads, but, woudn't it be neat if they said yes, LOL!

You do so good :) thank you!

Could they tell us what were his hands like? Calluses to maybe pointing toward a line of work he may have done or maybe nicely kept nails?

I will ask meowy, getting ready to email ME office now, she just called me about the DNA contacts and also the artist.

I will update you all as I am :)

Just got the email with the tattoo pics...talked again to LE, they cannot release pic to us of face, but he asked me to talk again to ME about getting composite done. I will call ME at lunch to confirm she rec'd my email with GBI contact info and DNA info.

LEFTFOREARM.jpg

RTFOREARM.jpg

RTFOREARM2.jpg

I almost volunteered to have a stab at the composite, but I have the feeling the reason they aren't showing the picture is that it's pretty messed up. Not sure I'm good enough at it / or up for seeing that.

I hope someone gets it done!

Just got the email with the tattoo pics...talked again to LE, they cannot release pic to us of face, but he asked me to talk again to ME about getting composite done. I will call ME at lunch to confirm she rec'd my email with GBI contact info and DNA info.

LEFTFOREARM.jpg

RTFOREARM.jpg

RTFOREARM2.jpg

it looks like a question mark... an aries symbol, a circle, and a cursive L...
the bad devil's head looks like it was done over a previous tattoo of a word, a name?

it looks like a question mark... an aries symbol, a circle, and a cursive L...
the bad devil's head looks like it was done over a previous tattoo of a word, a name?

Huh... like one of those puzzles everyone see's something different on... LOL!

I see the name Lori... and what looks like an cartoonish bat.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back