1267 users online (289 members and 978 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Polish Crime Writer confessed in his own book

WARSAW (Reuters) - A Polish crime writer has been jailed for 25 years after authorities found he had committed a murder that had been described in one of his thrillers, officials said Wednesday.

In his 2003 book "Amok," Krystian Bala described in detail the brutal murder of a Polish businessman.

Police found that the fictional crime had similarities with a case in 2000 when a body was fished out of the river Oder in the town of Wroclaw, near the German border.Prosecutors said Bala had humiliated, tortured, starved and later killed his victim, who had a love affair with the writer's wife.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070905/...n3388CW7as0NUE

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,4057,...19-401,00.html

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    That's wild! I'm glad the police read the book and figured this out.

On the second link it seems they had an anonymous tipoff. Im sure he thought he wouldn't be charged at this point. I would be looking at the wife too surely she would question it and should have reported it.

wow thats nuts.

I've seen fiction books in which the fictional author wrote about a murder he committed, but never thought I would see it in a published book.
    Although one of the Menendez bros. wrote a play about a boy killing his family- but that was before the crime.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn2004 View Post
    On the second link it seems they had an anonymous tipoff. Im sure he thought he wouldn't be charged at this point. I would be looking at the wife too surely she would question it and should have reported it.

The 2nd link sounds like he called the crime show and was bragging to an extent about the perfect crime. Possibly like the BTK killer.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

You know, this is amazing--It sounds very much like the plot from that excellent film A MURDER OF CROWS(1998) with Cuba Gooding Jr.--Not only was this movie the best film of his career, it was also one of the best films of the 1990's