Pavarotti Dead

I'm glad my grandmother isn't around to hear this. She adored him.

I had the great honor of meeting the great tenor. Friends of my ex and I who lived partly in Miami Beach and Montreal, was a record producer. We knew him through tennis. He was a friend of Pavoratti and had invited us to their home for a bar-b-que when he was performing in Miami. My boys have always been exposed to all kinds of music and were thrilled to be included. He was a delightfully jolly guest and kept us all entertained. My sons asked if he'd sing a little and he obliged them. They then asked if he knew something they knew. He belted out "Oklahoma" for them. Nice man and such a beautiful voice. I doubt he will ever make a return to the stage.

His voice has such quality it's hard to describe. I dont listen to opera type music often , but I could listen to him all day.

Awww...this makes me sad. He truly was one of the Greats~ He will be missed.

It just came on our local news that the magnificent voice has been silenced.
Pavoratti passed this evening....

Thanks to Luciano beautiful tenor sounds became cool again -

My thanks for music to my ears...

Lynie

Even though we knew it was coming, the finality of it is hard to take. He'll only be heard on recordings now. Thank goodness that marvelous voice will be heard forever.

Pavarotti had a voice that inspired everyone. I don't know a single person who after listening to him for a few minutes didn't become an instant convert to his gift. He will be missed by the entire world. How lucky we were have been able to hear his gift in life.

The greatest tenor EVER!!! I listened to his version of "Nessun Dorma" over and over on the way to work this morning. Mind you I drive 45 min..

God rest this wonderful man. This is a huge, huge loss. May he sing to the angels and to God Himself.

I was so sad to hear this. The world has lost a great man.

I'm crying my eyes out and I don't even like opera. Just knowing how much he meant to my grandmother makes this a profound loss for me. Her one wish in life was to hear him live, so when the Three Tenors were on tour, I took her. She cried the entire time.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back