Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mother charged with drowning her 7-year-old daughter

Mother charged with drowning her 7-year-old daughter

http://www.jacksonville.com/apnews/s...8RFLPO02.shtml
    ESTO, Fla. - A mother was arrested Wednesday for drowning her 7-year-old daughter in the family's swimming pool, Holmes County authorities said.
    Amanda Elaine Lewis, 27, of Esto, was charged with aggravated manslaughter of a child and aggravated child abuse. She was being held without bond in the Holmes County jail.
    "It's so hard to believe that any mother would do this," Sheriff Dennis Lee told The News Herald of Panama City.
    Emergency personnel went to Lewis' home Aug. 8 in response to a report of a child drowning, the newspaper reported. Officers found Adrianna Elaine Hutto, in an aboveground swimming pool. Adrianna was airlifted to a hospital where she was pronounced dead.
    An investigation, injuries to the victim and the preliminary autopsy report confirmed an eyewitness report that Lewis had drowned her daughter, Lee said. He would not disclose the eyewitness. Lewis sent her 5-year-old son "to find Adrianna floating in the pool," according to an arrest affidavit.

Well, here's her myspace:
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=129028919

About me:
    I AM 27, I LIVE IN BONIFAY FLORIDA. I HAVE 2 WONDERFUL CHILDREN, ADRIANNA IS 7 AND ANDREW IS 6. THEY ARE MY LIFE. I AM ALSO A NURSE ASST. AT A NURSING HOME IN BONIFAY. I LOVE MY JOB VERY MUCH, IT IS VERY SATISFYING AND FULFILLING. I HAVE A BOYFRIEND OF TWO YEARS, ALAN CARNLEY, WE ALSO LIVE TOGETHER. HE HAS TWO CHILDREN ALSO. ALAN MICHAEL IS 14, AMBER IS 11. SO I HAVE A VERY FULL LIFE AND I LOVE IT ALL!!!!!!! Who I'd like to meet:
    TONY STEWART. HE IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE NASCAR DRIVER.

I just don't understand....

What on earth kind of a woman is this?

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    From another article -

Lewis is accused of drowning the child "by dunking her in the above-ground pool" at the family's home in Esto.

The complaint states that Lewis allegedly "then went inside the house and sent the 5-year-old sibling out to find Adrianna floating in the pool."

If true, then she's a real witch.

As if it's not bad enough to kill your own daughter, you send your 6 year old son out to find the body of his own sister??? What a monster!

Last Monday Amanda Lewis received a life sentence for drowning her daughter plus 30 years for child abuse.
    http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/12907/2

Videos of the mother on the stand and when she heard the jury verdict as well as additional information are on:
    http://www.badgirlscrimeblog.com/

In-Sessions tru tv taped the trial so we'll be able to watch it soon. Between the little boy bursting into tears over seeing the mother he had been separated from and his confused and conflicting testimoney, the case is not cut and dried.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolynna View Post
    Last Monday Amanda Lewis received a life sentence for drowning her daughter plus 30 years for child abuse.
    http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/12907/2

Videos of the mother on the stand and when she heard the jury verdict as well as additional information are on:
    http://www.badgirlscrimeblog.com/

In-Sessions tru tv taped the trial so we'll be able to watch it soon. Between the little boy bursting into tears over seeing the mother he had been separated from and his confused and conflicting testimoney, the case is not cut and dried.
    You're right - it's really not, but it is completely heartbreaking. I don't know what to think.

Just when you think your heart can't be ripped out any more. I have a 7 year old daughter. I can't even imagine. Please, someone, say this isn't real.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    This is from February on the third day of the trial. It is most damaging:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...nk&cd=21&gl=us

How sad that her brother witnessed her abuse.

I'm speechless and can't even imagine drowning your own daughter.

Was she mentally ill? How could someone do such a thing? The mother just didn't like Adrianna; yet she seemed to treat the other children alright from what we've heard so far.

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    Was she mentally ill? How could someone do such a thing? The mother just didn't like Adrianna; yet she seemed to treat the other children alright from what we've heard so far.
    I think in a lot of cases where parents kill children, they don't set out to kill the child - they get angry and lose control. It is more a crime of passion than calculation.

Of course, that doesn't make it any better, but I can better understand someone losing control and doing this than someone waking up one morning and deciding - hey, I'll kill my kid today.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to southcitymom For This Useful Post:

What is up with all these mothers lately drowning their children?

Poor helpless children.........some don't stand a chance.

imoo

Trial is airing today on TruTV.

How can they call themselves "mothers"? Disgusts me.

Thanks, twinkies.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I just saw the tail end of this and I immediately came here hoping that we would have tons of info.
    I saw on another board that she actually had an 18 month old baby before. Supposeably she was taking a shower and the baby suffocated on the couch. I highly doubt that since 18 month olds can move freely in their sleep. She was never charged in that case I guess.
    How sad.

So TWO of her children died? That is highly suspicious.

arggg...none of the links work. do we have this anywhere else?
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

no. I have been looking EVERYWHERE to find some info about this! I wish I would have realized the trial was on before today!!!!

I watched this case too yesterday. So sad. How can anyone harm a child?

"She's Going Places," A Tribute Song For Caylee Anthony
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLudQC0MBJU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHZ79InLGRY
    White Lion - When The Children Cry

Quote Originally Posted by BeavisMom62 View Post
    How can they call themselves "mothers"? Disgusts me.
    I call them that too. Only, it's got another word after it.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GlitchWizard For This Useful Post:

So strange

I watched what little Court Tv /Tru Tv showed of her trial. Very confusing that the only "proof" the prosecution had was the word of her small son. Any parent knows how easy it is for kids to have confusing stories .

I had not heard or read until I read this page that she had had another baby die. But I believe in the justice system so they must be right.

I do suspect her life in prison won't be easy or perhaps even long as I don't believe people who kill their children are looked upon too kindly.

God Bless all three of her children.

This woman also worked at a nursing home?? Good Lord i hope there wasn't any complaints of her abusing the elderly there. I hope they've looked into that also. If she's capable of killing her child; then Lord knows what she may have done to elderly under her care.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to MeoW333 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast