1004 users online (124 members and 880 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Mother Places Son In Trash While Fighting Pit

Must be a mistake on CNN's part because we all know that this stable lovable devoted to the family breed of dog would never hurt a fly let lone attack someone

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...ll.attack.kron

There are many unstable dogs. I and everyone else on here has never said that pit bulls are all sweet loving dogs. There are unstable dogs in many breeds. I have said before we had to put down a German Shepherd because it bit three people including a 5 year old that it was trying to get at her throat and no one was ever mean to that dog. Again, this is a story of a dog that was know to be agressive where the owners should have put it down and they didn't and hopefully they will be charged with something. The whole point I am trying to make is they don't just snap, they show agressive tendencies like any other dog. I think you are assuming we think all these dogs are good and shouldn't be destroyed. If either of my dogs ever showed agression I would put them down immediately because I can not take the risk of such a powerful dog hurting someone. My aunt has a huskey that has been more than five people including my son and she loves him and refused to put him down but I can guarantee if he got out he could kill someone. You can hate the breed all you want but lots of people do own them and really love them. I take mine as many places as possible so people can see there are good dogs in this breed.

The owners had already been warned and put up a fence ...

OH YAY!! How about making sure your damn dog stays in the fence?????

Now they are claiming to not know where the dog is!?!?
    SURE!!

But what a great mom protecting her baby like that.

I am guessing she won't be forgetting him in a hot car.

Quote Originally Posted by imthemom View Post
    There are many unstable dogs. I and everyone else on here has never said that pit bulls are all sweet loving dogs. There are unstable dogs in many breeds. I have said before we had to put down a German Shepherd because it bit three people including a 5 year old that it was trying to get at her throat and no one was ever mean to that dog. Again, this is a story of a dog that was know to be agressive where the owners should have put it down and they didn't and hopefully they will be charged with something. The whole point I am trying to make is they don't just snap, they show agressive tendencies like any other dog. I think you are assuming we think all these dogs are good and shouldn't be destroyed. If either of my dogs ever showed agression I would put them down immediately because I can not take the risk of such a powerful dog hurting someone. My aunt has a huskey that has been more than five people including my son and she loves him and refused to put him down but I can guarantee if he got out he could kill someone. You can hate the breed all you want but lots of people do own them and really love them. I take mine as many places as possible so people can see there are good dogs in this breed.
    imthemom,

If they don't just snap then why do we always hear "He was a sweet gentle dog before this attack?"

Eve

Poor dogs get such a bad rap. That's like saying all humans are killers because so many humans do.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura View Post
    Poor dogs get such a bad rap. That's like saying all humans are killers because so many humans do.

I would say they have a deserved rap.

Personally I could care less if someone owns a pitbull....
    They should have to comply with regulations like anyone who owns a dangerous animal.

Like a lion for example.

Yep, or being prejudice against a race of people like muslims because some are terrorists.

Not most dogs, POM. I love dogs but the anecdotal evidence re: pits just leaves me concluding they are inherently untrustworthy, probably through no fault of their own. I don't happen to believe they can be rehabilitated. Maybe humans can't either, who knows? I wouldn't chance it with a pit, though. I have heard the line that the dog never did wrong before he killed someone too many times, too.

Eve

Quote Originally Posted by eve View Post
    imthemom,

If they don't just snap then why do we always hear "He was a sweet gentle dog before this attack?"

Eve
    All these stories say that but if you read them, the dogs have always been in trouble before, they were warned. This dog, the one with the grandmother, the one in the basement, they all had bitten people before and showed unstability.

All these stories say that but if you read them, the dogs have always been in trouble before, they were warned. This dog, the one with the grandmother, the one in the basement, they all had bitten people before and showed unstability.
    Well, there should be no warnings then. None. The one-bite rule shouldn't apply to pits. Any aggressive behavior should mean the dog goes bye-bye. The trouble is, I'm still not sure there aren't pits that do lethal damage the first time.

Eve

Sorry, sorry, that was suppose to be or not our. I was agreeing with you. My fingers got ahead of me.
    gotcha. I understand now.

I'm sorry ... I'm just annoyed by some people's obvious ignorance and bias.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

how many pit bulls are out there in this world?? They obviously aren't all killers. :
    All Lions, sharks and gators are not killers either.... that does not mean that special precaution should not be taken if you have one as a pet.
    Mainly because it is a species that has been known to cause harm.
    Why would anyone not wish to take such precaution?

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    I would say they have a deserved rap.

Personally I could care less if someone owns a pitbull....
    They should have to comply with regulations like anyone who owns a dangerous animal.

Like a lion for example.

gotcha. I understand now.

I'm sorry ... I'm just annoyed by some people's obvious ignorance and bias.

It is not ignorant to be leary of a breed KNOWN for attacking and causing death
    very often when it does. As a matter of fact I believe to be blind to that FACT would be ignorant.
    As for Bias????
    Um we are talking about a D O G.
    I don't like snakes either.

I live in the city this happened in. An I resent anyone calling anybody ignorant. I personally have seen a Pit Bull pup in action. Attacking my dog.
    Below is the Link to the story in the local paper.Can not watch the video but did it mantion the owner of the Dog boyfreind got Swisher to come back. And then someone in a car picked the dog up. Sounds like relly good owners.Also in the article it says the owner and boyfreind had a fight the night before. No one was home and the police found blood on a broken window.
    http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_6814716?nclick_check=1
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast