GUILTY WI - John Orlando for abusing 20yo woman, Muskego, 2007

Mysticchic

Former Member
Reaction score
MUSKEGO, Wis. -- A senior at Muskego High School burned his girlfriend with a cigarette, choked her until she vomited and threatened to cut her into pieces, prosecutors alleged Wednesday.

John Orlando, 17, is being held in the Waukesha County Jail on a $1 million bail, and news of his arrest is raising eyebrows all over Muskego.

http://www.wisn.com/news/14054266/d...tml=mil_4pm&tmi=mil_4pm_1_04000209062007&ts=H

You can say that again, Mysticchic. I'm impressed with the bail amount. Hopefully they are tough on him.

That is awfully serious. I'm glad to see they're treating it as such.

I have to complain about something in the article that is completely unrelated to anything that's actually important, though.

From the article: She told police Orlando spoke to her in the third person, saying "We are going to kill you," and said she wondered if he was hearing voices.

Actually, that would still be the first person, but he was using the plural form. Speaking to her in the third person would be something like saying, "I am going to kill her," to her. Like in The Silence of the Lambs when he said to the senator's daughter, "It puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again."

Normally I'm not a big stickler for grammar, especially on the internet, but this person is a journalist and should know this sort of thing.

Just last night my daughter told me of a boy she knows whose girlfriend is terrified of him. She "loves" him, but he threatens to smack her around and such. My daughter's advice to the girl was "If he actually does it instead of just threatens it, call me."

I thought that was dumb advice. I think the girl should be all over the parents of this boy, and tell her own parents. Ditch the boy (after telling) and inform the school that this happened and to keep herself from being around him alone. This could be her, soon.

People magazine had an article in last week's issue (with Owen Wilson on the cover) about teen dating violence. It was scary.

I dont know but I started with my kids already, my son has been taught since he was very small not to hit a girl. I hope I can bring my daughters up to know that they are better than that and do NOT have to put up with someone being abusive to them in any way.

I dont know but I started with my kids already, my son has been taught since he was very small not to hit a girl. I hope I can bring my daughters up to know that they are better than that and do NOT have to put up with someone being abusive to them in any way.

As he gets older - don't forget to add "unless she hits you first." I've seen some pretty evil teenage girls in my daughter's school!

I hope they charge him as an adult, he is 17; and weighs 200 lbs more than his girlfriend. Imagine the damage he could do if she wanted to leave him? It sounds like possessiveness and he is a control freak.

October 2008 - sentenced to 2 years prison and 5 years probation:

John F. Orlando, who was 17 at the time of the crime, was accused of holding a 20-year-old woman for hours while he told her how he would kill her.

He set her hair on fire, choked her several times until she vomited, tried to gouge her eyes out, burned her with a cigarette and cut her clothes with a box cutter, according to a criminal complaint.

During the encounter Aug. 31, 2007, they were sexually intimate, and the woman was at one point locked outside Orlando’s house but went back inside, the complaint says...

Orlando and the woman met while they attended a class for students with emotional disabilities at Muskego High School.

They started a sexual relationship when she was 18 and he was 15, according to court records.

http://m.jsonline.com/news/waukesha/32434529.html

July 2011:

Young woman overdosed in the house where John Orlando burned and choked a victim 4 years ago...

A 24-year-old woman fell victim to a suspected drug overdose at W191 S6427 Hillendale Drive...

Jamie Hansen, of Muskego, died July 12 at Waukesha Memorial Hospital after paramedics were called to the home, according to Muskego Police Captain Craig Moser. Hansen was using what police believe to be heroin, but the exact substance has yet to be determined, Moser said....

Orlando was convicted of first-degree recklessly endangering safety and served two years in prison.
He is listed in Wisconsin Department of Corrections (DOC) records as residing at the Hillendale Drive residence and is currently under extended supervision, said Tim LeMonds, Public Information Officer for the DOC....

Hansen was Orlando’s stepsister, Muskego police said.

http://patch.com/wisconsin/muskego/muskego-woman-overdosed-at-same-home-where-2007-tortuf62ec83416

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back