1166 users online (253 members and 913 guests)  

Websleuths News

Guam - Shizue Fujioka Cronin, 60, 1 March 1995

Shizue Fujioka Cronin
    Missing since March 1, 1995 from Guam
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    Date Of Birth: November 16, 1934
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 60 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1"; 110 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Asian female. She is Japanese. Black hair; brown eyes.
    Marks, Scars: Scar on her left shoulder.
    Dentals: Not available
    Jewelry: Chain Necklace
    AKA: Sue, Shizue Fujioka, Shizue Lesperance

Circumstances of Disappearance

Cronin was last seen March 1, 1995 in Mountain View, CA.

Sue Cronin was a Tamuning resident and was married a local attorney at the time. Sue Cronin was the president of Ypao Plaza Co. and owned about 75 percent of the Polynesian Motel with her husband.

In July 1995, Sue Cronin's son reported his mother missing because he had not spoken to her since March 1995. He eventually came to the island to look for his mother.

Police later revealed that the husband had reported his wife missing in May, but police closed the case because the husband later told police his wife was traveling in Europe.

But Sue Cronin's children from a previous marriage, told police their mother was not traveling in Europe, and police reopened the case.

Officers said one of Sue Cronin's Polynesian Motel employees said the last time the employee saw her was in the latter part of February 1995. The employee noted that it was unlike her to not show up without telling someone.
    Cronin has nerver been heard from again.

She is beleived to be buried under a swimming pool in Guam. She was last seen there and disappeared around the time the pool was poured.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Mountain View Police Department
    650-903-6728
    Or
    Guam Police Department
    Cold Case Unit
    Officer Joseph R. Meno
    671-475-8572 or 671-475-8532

Agency Case Number: 95-11666
    NCIC Number: M-881589221
    Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    California Department of Justice
    Guam PDN
    The Doe Network: Case File 1340DFCA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1340dfca.html

I wonder if the Jane Doe below has been looked at? She was found very close to Mountain View. I realize the case history states she may be below the swimming pool... but I thought this was interesting.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/456ufca.html

Jane Doe.

Quote Originally Posted by rmf View Post
    I wonder if the Jane Doe below has been looked at? She was found very close to Mountain View. I realize the case history states she may be below the swimming pool... but I thought this was interesting.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/456ufca.html
    • The victim was discovered on May 27, 2000 in San Mateo County, California
    • Estimated Date of Death: More than 3 months
    • Skull only
    It is a possibility, but there is not much to go on. I wonder why the estimated date of death was stated only as more than 3 months. Age is off a bit, but with only a skull and no teeth, that is still within the realm of possibility.

Mountain View, Ca is in Santa Clara County.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Mountain View, Ca is in Santa Clara County.
    San Mateo and Santa Clara counties are right next to one another. If you look at a map, San Mateo and Mountain View are only 20 miles apart. I grew up in that area so I know it well.

I don't think Shizue was actually last seen in Mountain View -- I think she was last seen in Guam, and because her son in Mountain View reported her disappearance people assume she must have gone missing from there. The Doe Network casefile would indicate this.

Possible disappearance locations...

Quote Originally Posted by rmf View Post
    San Mateo and Santa Clara counties are right next to one another. If you look at a map, San Mateo and Mountain View are only 20 miles apart. I grew up in that area so I know it well.
    I have lived both in Mountain View, California and on Guam in the past. Although there is not much to go on in this case, either location is a possibility.

Guam is just now starting to send in some of their cases to Doenetwork and other places. I am interested in seeing more from them.

Guam is where America's Day Begins. It is just west of the international date line. It is officially a territory of the United States and has been since the Spanish American War in 1898.

Far from the maddening crowd at the back of beyond
    Bumping