Richard

Reaction score
Shizue Fujioka Cronin
Missing since March 1, 1995 from Guam
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: November 16, 1934
Age at Time of Disappearance: 60 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Asian female. She is Japanese. Black hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Scar on her left shoulder.
Dentals: Not available
Jewelry: Chain Necklace
AKA: Sue, Shizue Fujioka, Shizue Lesperance

Circumstances of Disappearance

Cronin was last seen March 1, 1995 in Mountain View, CA.

Sue Cronin was a Tamuning resident and was married a local attorney at the time. Sue Cronin was the president of Ypao Plaza Co. and owned about 75 percent of the Polynesian Motel with her husband.

In July 1995, Sue Cronin's son reported his mother missing because he had not spoken to her since March 1995. He eventually came to the island to look for his mother.

Police later revealed that the husband had reported his wife missing in May, but police closed the case because the husband later told police his wife was traveling in Europe.

But Sue Cronin's children from a previous marriage, told police their mother was not traveling in Europe, and police reopened the case.

Officers said one of Sue Cronin's Polynesian Motel employees said the last time the employee saw her was in the latter part of February 1995. The employee noted that it was unlike her to not show up without telling someone.
Cronin has nerver been heard from again.

She is beleived to be buried under a swimming pool in Guam. She was last seen there and disappeared around the time the pool was poured.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Mountain View Police Department
650-903-6728
Or
Guam Police Department
Cold Case Unit
Officer Joseph R. Meno
671-475-8572 or 671-475-8532

Agency Case Number: 95-11666
NCIC Number: M-881589221
Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
California Department of Justice
Guam PDN
The Doe Network: Case File 1340DFCA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1340dfca.html

I wonder if the Jane Doe below has been looked at? She was found very close to Mountain View. I realize the case history states she may be below the swimming pool... but I thought this was interesting.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/456ufca.html

• The victim was discovered on May 27, 2000 in San Mateo County, California
  • Estimated Date of Death: More than 3 months
  • Skull only
It is a possibility, but there is not much to go on. I wonder why the estimated date of death was stated only as more than 3 months. Age is off a bit, but with only a skull and no teeth, that is still within the realm of possibility.

Mountain View, Ca is in Santa Clara County.

Mountain View, Ca is in Santa Clara County.

San Mateo and Santa Clara counties are right next to one another. If you look at a map, San Mateo and Mountain View are only 20 miles apart. I grew up in that area so I know it well.

I don't think Shizue was actually last seen in Mountain View -- I think she was last seen in Guam, and because her son in Mountain View reported her disappearance people assume she must have gone missing from there. The Doe Network casefile would indicate this.

San Mateo and Santa Clara counties are right next to one another. If you look at a map, San Mateo and Mountain View are only 20 miles apart. I grew up in that area so I know it well.

I have lived both in Mountain View, California and on Guam in the past. Although there is not much to go on in this case, either location is a possibility.

Guam is just now starting to send in some of their cases to Doenetwork and other places. I am interested in seeing more from them.

Guam is where America's Day Begins. It is just west of the international date line. It is officially a territory of the United States and has been since the Spanish American War in 1898.

Shizue Fujioka Cronin
SFCronin.jpg
SFCronin1.jpg

AKA
: Sue, Shizue Fujioka, Shizue Lesperance

Missing since: March 1, 1995
Missing from: Tamuning, Guam
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: November 16, 1934
Height: 5'1" (61 inches)
Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Characteristics: Asian female. She is Japanese.
Marks, Scars: Scar on her left shoulder.
Dentals: Not available
Jewelry: Chain Necklace

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Cronin was last seen in Tamuning, Guam on March 4, 1995. She was supposed to meet some friends at the Tropicana Hotel on March 6, but never arrived there. She has never been heard from again. At the time of her disappearance, she was married to a local attorney and they owned Hillside Apartments and three-quarters of the Polynesian Motel. She was also president of Ypao Plaza Co. Cronin's son in California, Francis L'Esperance, reported her as a missing person in July 1995 and said he had not heard from her since March. Authorities discovered that Cronin's husband had reported her missing in May 1995, but later he said he was traveling in Europe, so police closed the report. Cronin's children in the mainland United States, however, said she was not in fact in Europe, so the investigation was reopened. She had a habit of taking spontaneous trips to Europe or Japan, but she always kept in touch with her family at least once a week. L'Eseperance spent two weeks looking for his mother in Guam before giving up and returning home. He and his sister in New York later offered a reward for her safe return. Cronin's employees at the Polynesian Motel say they last saw her in late February 1995, and noted it was uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. (The motel was later renamed the Micronesian Motel and has since been destroyed in a typhoon.) Cronin has not been in contact with anyone or withdrawn any money from her financial accounts since 1995. Police checked every port of entry, both by sea and by air, and found no evidence that she had left the island. Foul play is suspected in Cronin's case. She may be buried under a swimming pool; she was last seen in that area and disappeared around the time the pool was poured. She had lived in Guam for over twenty years before her disappearance. Her disappearance remains unsolved. Some agencies give the place of Cronin's disappearance as Mountain View, California. Mountain View authorities are assisting the investigation, as she owned a residence there.

0 Missing Person Exclusions

I wonder if the Jane Doe below has been looked at? She was found very close to Mountain View. I realize the case history states she may be below the swimming pool... but I thought this was interesting.

The Doe Network: Case File 456UFCA
She looked like a good possibility. According to The Doe Network link, this woman has been identified!

I'm so glad namus finally put her case in and that there's updated information about her disappearance. Interesting how many times hotels/motels are mentioned in her file. Also interesting that her husband is/was an attorney and that they owned an apartment complex and 3/4s of a motel together. I wonder if the pool they think she might be buried under is the pool at one of those properties (If they even have/had a pool)

I'm so glad namus finally put her case in and that there's updated information about her disappearance. Interesting how many times hotels/motels are mentioned in her file. Also interesting that her husband is/was an attorney and that they owned an apartment complex and 3/4s of a motel together. I wonder if the pool they think she might be buried under is the pool at one of those properties (If they even have/had a pool)
I know! There are so many red flags here. How hard would it be to check under that pool? There has to be some type of high-tech device they can use; drain the pool and at least check. She mustn’t be too far from one of the places she was most frequently at. And it sounds like something happened to her between late February and early March, and probably on the island if all the ports of entry were checked.

I didn’t understand this statement: “Authorities discovered that Cronin's husband had reported her missing in May 1995, but later he said he was traveling in Europe, so police closed the report. Cronin's children in the mainland United States, however, said she was not in fact in Europe, so the investigation was reopened.”

Is that a typo and should say “later he said she was traveling...”? Why would the fact he was traveling somewhere be reason to close a report? Very suspicious IMO.

I didn’t realize how far Guam was from California. About 6,000 miles. Just for reference, on the map, the red marker is Guam and then California is to the east of that ... FWIW
https://www.distancefromto.net/distance-from-guam-to-california

Attachments

• 6444701F-212E-4DB5-B377-4B330B3050D5.jpeg
    6444701F-212E-4DB5-B377-4B330B3050D5.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 3
I know! There are so many red flags here. How hard would it be to check under that pool? There has to be some type of high-tech device they can use; drain the pool and at least check. She mustn’t be too far from one of the places she was most frequently at. And it sounds like something happened to her between late February and early March, and probably on the island if all the ports of entry were checked.

I didn’t understand this statement: “Authorities discovered that Cronin's husband had reported her missing in May 1995, but later he said he was traveling in Europe, so police closed the report. Cronin's children in the mainland United States, however, said she was not in fact in Europe, so the investigation was reopened.”

Is that a typo and should say “later he said she was traveling...”? Why would the fact he was traveling somewhere be reason to close a report? Very suspicious IMO.

I didn’t realize how far Guam was from California. About 6,000 miles. Just for reference, on the map, the red marker is Guam and then California is to the east of that ... FWIW
https://www.distancefromto.net/distance-from-guam-to-california
I believe there are scanners they can use to look for things that are in/under concrete. I think they've used it in the Kristin Smart case. The concrete scanners i can find online don't really specify if they can detect remains or not, probably because this isn't their intended use.

1 March 2024 will mark the 29 year anniversary of her disappearance.

SFCronin1.jpg

Shizue Lesperance "Sue" Fujioka Cronin
Age 60, Missing since 1 March 1995

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member