Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, 03:31 AM
petra
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2005

Breaking News

Madeleine's Mum 'Is A Suspect'

Updated: 08:19, Friday September 07, 2007
Kate McCann will be formally declared a suspect in the disappearance of her daughter Madeleine, a family friend has said.

More follows...

SKYNEWS
http://news.sky.com/skynews/home

petra
View Public Profile
Send a private message to petra
Send email to petra
Find all posts by petra
Add petra to Your Buddy List

#502 Today, 03:36 AM
Tristan
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2004

I've been sick all week, and haven't read much.

Can someone tell me what led to the McCann's becoming suspects?

Thanks very much.

Tristan
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Tristan
Find all posts by Tristan
Add Tristan to Your Buddy List

#503 Today, 03:38 AM
petra

Quote:
Originally Posted by petra
mms://live2.wm.skynews.servecast.net/skynews_wmlz_audio

Audio to sky interviewer Martin in PDL discussing this.

Live feed to skynews TV audio.

petra
View Public Profile
Send email to petra
Find all posts by petra

#504 Today, 03:43 AM
petra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan
I've been sick all week, and haven't read much.

Can someone tell me what led to the McCann's becoming suspects?

Thanks very much.

Hi Tristan--Hope you are feeling better.

Some if not most, perhaps all of the DNA results have been received by PLE.
This was early evening on Wed. Kate interviewed yesterday for 11 hrs by PLE.

Detectives want to ask her 22 questions related to the case and do not feel comfortable asking without changing her status to suspect. Kate is expected back inabout one hour where her status is expected to change from witness to suspect.

Gerry still witness.

Hope this make sense.

petra
View Public Profile
Send email to petra
Find all posts by petra

#505 Today, 03:47 AM
Tristan
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2004

Thanks so much, petra. (thanks for your kind thoughts, as well.) :)

Tristan
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Tristan
Find all posts by Tristan
Add Tristan to Your Buddy List

#506 Today, 03:49 AM
petra

You are welcome. If you can, you should listen to that link I posted for you -skynews audio.
You can just lay there and listen to every little bit.

God bedering!

LOL--just remembered my english. Hope you get well soon.

petra
View Public Profile
Send email to petra
Find all posts by petra

#507 Today, 03:51 AM
Shazza
Lives well, loves much and laughs often. Join Date: Jan 2007

I can believe this, many posters here have thought from the very start that the parents should be suspects and then would have been able to ask the questions that they can only ask a suspect and this would have all been over a long time ago.

I hate to say I told you so, but I did suspect the parents from the beginning, but in saying this the case is not closed and investigations are still in progress, so until we hear more news it is not absolutely positive that they are responsible until they are charged with the disappearance of Madelaine even though they are guilty of child endangerment.

To find out what has really happened to Madelaine if the parents were involved is so sickening to me, it was their little girl, I just am unable to comprehend these parents justifications if they are charged.

Wherever you are Madelaine, I will never forget you, you have touched the hearts of many. God bless Madelaine McCann.

My Hubby and two beautiful daughters.

Shazza
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Shazza
Send email to Shazza
Find all posts by Shazza
Add Shazza to Your Buddy List

#508 Today, 03:55 AM
AutumnBorn
Hates Liver Join Date: Sep 2003

The friend was right, but then the mom was told she was going to be named a suspect during her questioning. Read it here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6982969.stm

So much for the couple's plans to sue the newspaper that printed the story that the police suspect the parents. And the fact that they lied about why they stayed in Portugal. The police not letting them leave? Sounds like they were suspects from day one.

Just my opinion. Don't sue me, Pa....John.

AutumnBorn
View Public Profile
Send a private message to AutumnBorn
Find all posts by AutumnBorn
Add AutumnBorn to Your Buddy List

#509 Today, 03:59 AM
Shazza

This is no suprise, my heart bleeds for Madelaine, that poor poor child.

Shazza
View Public Profile
Send email to Shazza
Find all posts by Shazza

#510 Today, 03:59 AM
petra

Yes indeed Shazza.

All in good time. As the Iberian Peninsula goes.

Thinking of little Madeleine too. It is all beyond sad.

petra
View Public Profile
Send email to petra
Find all posts by petra

#511 Today, 04:02 AM
Elphaba
Defying Gravity Join Date: Jan 2007

My heart dropped when I read that... as much as I have felt suspicious about her parents, I also held onto hope that they weren't involved. I still do, but things aren't looking good for them. And jeez... if it is found to be them... they really had nerve in setting up their campaign to find her in the way of raising megas amount of money. Talking about scamming the world... wow...

BUT... holding onto hope that they aren't involved... what ever little hope is left. *sighs* Poor Madeleine...

Elphaba
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Elphaba
Send email to Elphaba
Find all posts by Elphaba
Add Elphaba to Your Buddy List

#512 Today, 04:02 AM
Shazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by petra
Yes indeed Shazza.

All in good time. As the Iberian Peninsula goes.

Thinking of little Madeleine too. It is all beyond sad.

Petra, thankyou for your great sleuthing, this has blown me away, to say what I really think would get me into trouble, I have to bite my tongue, but whomever is charged with this despicable crime, I hope they go to hell.

Shazza
View Public Profile
Send email to Shazza
Find all posts by Shazza

#513 Today, 04:08 AM
petra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazza
Petra, thankyou for your great sleuthing, this has blown me away, to say what I really think would get me into trouble, I have to bite my tongue, but whomever is charged with this despicable crime, I hope they go to hell.

I am right there with you.

What a bloody mess this has been from day one.

And a little girl never got to celebrate her 4th birthday by eating cake and ice cream with friends or start her first day of school.

petra
View Public Profile
Send email to petra
Find all posts by petra

#514 Today, 04:10 AM
petra

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphaba
My heart dropped when I read that... as much as I have felt suspicious about her parents, I also held onto hope that they weren't involved. I still do, but things aren't looking good for them. And jeez... if it is found to be them... they really had nerve in setting up their campaign to find her in the way of raising megas amount of money. Talking about scamming the world... wow...

BUT... holding onto hope that they aren't involved... what ever little hope is left. *sighs* Poor Madeleine...

Mine too.
Will drop even further when/if there are actually charges pressed--and as the truth unfolds if ever.

petra
View Public Profile
Send email to petra
Find all posts by petra

#515 Today, 04:15 AM
Shazza

I too have lit a candle for Madelaine.

Shazza
View Public Profile
Send email to Shazza
Find all posts by Shazza

#516 Today, 04:20 AM
Shazza

Another article that has been published here in Australia.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=294069

Read the third last paragraph, I have not read or heard anything about this. The Labratory and P LE deny that they said the blood in the apartment which was printed in the Daily news, was not the blood of Madelaine.

Shazza
View Public Profile
Send email to Shazza
Find all posts by Shazza

#517 Today, 04:27 AM
petra

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/ur...cle1979777.ece

Also on front page of Norwegian newspaper today.
(.........says same thing but in Norwegian...first article to make front page of the paper regarding this case yet)

petra
View Public Profile
Send email to petra
Find all posts by petra

#518 Today, 04:33 AM
petra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazza
Another article that has been published here in Australia.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=294069

Read the third last paragraph, I have not read or heard anything about this. The Labratory and P LE deny that they said the blood in the apartment which was printed in the Daily news, was not the blood of Madelaine.

Portuguese investigators and the laboratory examining the samples denied a report last month in the British daily, The Times, that the blood found was not that of the missing child

hhmmmm.................

petra
View Public Profile
Send email to petra
Find all posts by petra

#519 Today, 04:43 AM
L L & S
curious onlooker Join Date: Sep 2004

Fox News

VIANA DO CASTELO, Portugal — The mother of a British girl who disappeared four months ago in southern Portugal is to be named a formal suspect in the case Friday, a family spokesman said, a shocking twist to a case that has gripped much of Europe.

click on the button above
to visit Janet's Memorial Web Page
Please take a moment to sign the guest book and let Janet's family know that they are not alone in this that we here at WS think of Janet every day!

Janet Christiansen Forum

L L & S
View Public Profile
Send a private message to L L & S
Find all posts by L L & S
Add L L & S to Your Buddy List

Today, 04:52 AM
mjak
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2005

I am officially sick to my stomach. I so so so did not want to believe the parents were involved. I am the one with the "stupid" team humanity line on the bottom of my signiture who kept prefacing everything wtih I can't say thise parents are guilty just no longer able to say I think they are innocent. Just saying that made me feel like a louse of a person but a week ago I declared that after concluding the timeline for that night and restraunt activities were rediculous. All the other weired things that were suspicious to me I was able to acknolwedge and file but the timeline they were selling seemed moronic to me. So now If these parents are responsible all I feel is sick deep down in my gut. I feel no humanity, the compassion of yesteray is gone and all honestly for once in my life I don't even feel guilty for feeling terrible thoughts about another human being. Please at least if they are guilty confess and do the right thing. Bring peace to Maddie. So disgusted here.

mjak

mjak
View Public Profile
Send a private message to mjak
Find all posts by mjak
Add mjak to Your Buddy List

#522 Today, 05:04 AM
Shazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjak
I am officially sick to my stomach. I so so so did not want to believe the parents were involved. I am the one with the "stupid" team humanity line on the bottom of my signiture who kept prefacing everything wtih I can't say thise parents are guilty just no longer able to say I think they are innocent. Just saying that made me feel like a louse of a person but a week ago I declared that after concluding the timeline for that night and restraunt activities were rediculous. All the other weired things that were suspicious to me I was able to acknolwedge and file but the timeline they were selling seemed moronic to me. So now If these parents are responsible all I feel is sick deep down in my gut. I feel no humanity, the compassion of yesteray is gone and all honestly for once in my life I don't even feel guilty for feeling terrible thoughts about another human being. Please at least if they are guilty confess and do the right thing. Bring peace to Maddie. So disgusted here.

mjak

I too feel the disgust, anger, frustration, the lies, it has absolutely rocked my whole being, when I first heard about all this I had to take two xanax, to calm down. It feels like I have lost one of my own.

Shazza
View Public Profile
Send email to Shazza
Find all posts by Shazza

#523 Today, 05:14 AM
Tricia
Administrator Join Date: Sep 2003

This has really thrown me for a loop.

I don't follow Madeleine's case like I do others. From looking afar it seemed her parents were caring and cooperative.

Can anyone point me to the time-line that some are saying doesn't make sense?

Is there a post or a thread somewhere that spells it out for those of us who don't know the details?

Remember this "Official Suspect" thing could change AGAIN. That is what is frustrating about this case and so many others.

Tricia
6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
Suite H #214
Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

All posts are my constitutionally protected opinion.

Tricia
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Tricia
Send email to Tricia
Find all posts by Tricia
Add Tricia to Your Buddy List

#524 Today, 05:14 AM
WindChime
Administrator Join Date: Aug 2003

I'm going to close this thread and start a new one.

Footprints In The Sand

Many people walk in and out of our lives,but only a few will ever leave footprints in our hearts.

While getting to know Tybee I learned she loved her family deeply and her friends,Tybee Island,the ocean,WS,dolphins and lighthouses. Tybee you are loved by people from all over the world, you will be deeply missed always.

WindChime
View Public Profile
Send a private message to WindChime
Send email to WindChime
Find all posts by WindChime
Add WindChime to Your Buddy List

#525 Today, 05:18 AM
Tricia
Administrator Join Date: Sep 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkhammer
Look at the body language on Kate in that photo. Her hand reaches up and grasps her neck, as if she feels the noose tightening, so to speak.

Patsy Ramsey, JonBenet's mother, did this exact thing many times.

Look at RiverRat's avatar. That is the best example.

The reason I bring this up is many people pointed to the Patsy's constant "neck grabbing" as a sign of her wanting to confess. Could this be the same in Madeleine's case? Is her mother silently confessing?
6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
Suite H #214
Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

All posts are my constitutionally protected opinion.

Tricia there is a timeline in thread No 11, Post 1.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to be rude I was just doing a little house cleaning and with this new information being released I just wanted you all to have a clean room. :)

I am totally 100% shocked that the parents well the mother is now considered a suspect. Not ONE time did that thought EVER cross my mind...I don't know why it just didnt. I don't even know what to think now...

I'm sorry I didn't mean to be rude I was just doing a little house cleaning and with this new information being released I just wanted you all to have a clean room. :)

Thanks for the new space WindChime.:blowkiss:

Kate has entered police station-----lots of crowds outside.

Big issue is evidence found in the car they rented 5 weeks after 3May.
Also in cupboard/closet of new residence they moved to after 3 May. (the second place they stayed in)

As a witness, Kate must answer all questions or she can be charged.
As a suspect, she does not have to answer questions and needs a lawyer.
If named suspect, appear before judge within 48 hrs of being declared one. Can leave PT, but must inform judge where they are and be available at all times.

No worries WindChime, with whats going on at the moment, it wont be too long and I think you will be doing more house cleaning.

You can come do my house cleaning any time.:p

Info posted from skynews audio...............going on right now.

No worries WindChime, with whats going on at the moment, it wont be too long and I think you will be doing more house cleaning.

You can come do my house cleaning any time.:p

:dance::dance::clap::laugh:

As a witness, Kate must answer all questions or she can be charged.
As a suspect, she does not have to answer questions and needs a lawyer.
If named suspect, appear before judge within 48 hrs of being declared one. Can leave PT, but must inform judge where they are and be available at all times.
There must be some damning information the P LE have to change the status of Kate McCann to suspect, and I think the same will happen to Gerry McCann after his interview.

Wonder if they will be able to release the results of the tests soon.

There must be some damning information the P LE have to change the status of Kate McCann to suspect, and I think the same will happen to Gerry McCann after his interview.

Wonder if they will be able to release the results of the tests soon.

Sounds like it is all the forensics.
PLE, I am hearing, does not have to say anything--perhaps give short presser if Kate is named suspect--but not required.

There must be some damning information the P LE have to change the status of Kate McCann to suspect
I suppose anything is possible. I do not have an opinion on either of the parents, as I have not followed this case as closely as others.

I did read in the FOX story that there are 22 questions LE wants to ask the mother. According to a family spokesperson they cannot ask these 22 specific questions to someone that is not a suspect.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296018,00.html
Hughes, the family spokesman, said the police have 22 questions that they want to ask Kate McCann, which require her to be made a formal suspect. Under Portuguese law, the legal move grants certain protections to the suspect, but allows police more latitude in questioning.

Anyone else catch this or know anything about the Portugese law ?

Even though I never posted about it, this case had my hinky meter going from the get-go. The parent's story just didn't ever make sense. We've talked about it at work and at home and things just didn't ever seem right. I still pray for justice and peace for Madeleine. A lot of people who donated huge amounts of money for the reward and also their time are going to be extremely angry if her mom turns out to be involved in her disappearance, as they should be.

Phew! This morning my time... around 12 hours ago I got up to the news that KM was being interviewed. I onlyhad about 10 minutes before I had to leave for work, so I quickly came in here but there was so much to read since the last time I came in... I have just read about 15 pages of of the previous thread and just when I think I am near the end I realise there is a new one!

I can't believe that it has all come to a head like this. I mean it is one thing to believe it... but another to have LE believe it too... kwim? Seems perhaps that LE have done a great job? But perhaps until it is all over we won't know. Unfortunately we are all human even LE so I can believe little mistakes perhaps. It must have been hard for them with practically half the world breathing down their necks.

I wonder how long till we find out some actual info... what LE believe happened...

I really am curious to find out what they did with her little body.

I suppose anything is possible. I do not have an opinion on either of the parents, as I have not followed this case as closely as others.

I did read in the FOX story that there are 22 questions LE wants to ask the mother. According to a family spokesperson they cannot ask these 22 specific questions to someone that is not a suspect.

Anyone else catch this or know anything about the Portugese law ?

Morning Edwards--

As I understand it, they can ask anything when a person is a 'witness' and that person is required to answer honestly,BUT.....evidence or statements collected when someone is a witness CANNOT be used in court against them.

As a suspect you have a right to NOT answer questions, must have an attorney and anything said can and will be used against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10