Police Offer Mom a Deal-Will she take it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, just saw this and almost posted it! Can you believe it?

I think she is scared to death....especially without Gerry.

I think the PJ is working on Gerry. They are playing some very clever mind games.

If they charge her and then tell her Gerry is under arrest....she will cave.

IMHO

Thank you so much MODS (for the new forum)!!!

But isn't this what we all have expected for the past several months. Most of our theories have touched on accidental death. Please, oh please let them have the evidence to back up their claims.

I think they do and I think they have had most of it for awhile now but I think they had to wait until they got all their ducks in a row before they made their move. Plus rememeber Team McCann was leaving this week so the PE HAD to do something quick!

OMG do you guys really think the mom killed her or knows who did? I still just can NOT grasp this...Never one time did I ever think her parents had anything what so ever to do with her disapearance.

I read on another thread of the theory that they may have sedated her in order for them to go out with the friends and accidentally over sedated her. I have believed all along that they had something to do with her disappearance. After the JonBenet fiasco, I can believe anything.

I think they do and I think they have had most of it for awhile now but I think they had to wait until they got all their ducks in a row before they made their move. Plus rememeber Team McCann was leaving this week so the PE HAD to do something quick!

I think that the PJ has been very clever. I think thatt more was going on than anyone knew. If this is solved using good police tactics I would not be more thrilled. It saddenes me though to think that harm may have come to her at the hand of either parent. An accident alone would have been forgiven but, if there has been a cover-up by one or both parents that just sickens me.

Omg omg I can't beleive this. I was actually feeling guilty for doubting Kate and Gerry. I feel sick.

I haven't followed Madeline's case very closely at all, but I was shocked when I heard on the radio this morning that the parents are suspects. I had no idea.

If this was an accidental death, why cover it up? I don't understand. :(

Where are the other two children? Are they with the parents or have they been taken from them?

I haven't followed Madeline's case very closely at all, but I was shocked when I heard on the radio this morning that the parents are suspects. I had no idea.

If this was an accidental death, why cover it up? I don't understand. :(

Precisely because of that--it was accidental. If they did sedate Maddie and she had a reaction of some sort, and died, it would most probably mean the loss of their licenses to practice medicine. They might very well lose custody of their other two children as well. You or I might be able to plead that we didn't know that the little bit extra of cold medicine or adult medicine would actually kill a child, but the McCanns would have no such excuse.

Faced with losing their other children, loss of livelihood, and maybe even prison time, they might very well rationalize covering things up. After all, doctors make mistakes in judgement every day that result in people's deaths. It's something every doctor has to learn to live with in some way or they can't practice medicine.

As well, there seems to be about one child every year or two in Houston that dies from a reaction to anesthesia or some problem with being sedated, while in a dentist's office. It's awfully hard to correct a mistake with sedating someone without a crash cart and all that other "stuff."

The immediate elevation of Maddie to poster child for all missing children was always a bit concerning to me. The McCanns were so quick to begin to pointing out ways the system could be improved and commenting on the number of children missing every year, etc. Even the balloon launches and pipe concerts seemed more memorial in nature. Possibly they decided that since it was an accident, this way the cover up would actually be a good thing because it would help missing children. See, they would be making tragedy into something good for other children.

Just a thought. I'd love to be wrong on this and have Maddie show up alive and someone claim that nice big reward. Oddly enough, with all this talk of accidental death, wouldn't now be a good time for someone to step forward and get that reward, before it's possibly taken back? There doesn't seem to be even a hint of that happening--another reason I don't feel hopeful about Madeleine's life.

Where are the other two children? Are they with the parents or have they been taken from them?

With the grandmother. I'll go back to check which one--I thought Gerry's but could be wrong. They are still in Portugal as well.

So you can kill your get and get less than 2 years, as long as you only lie about it for 4 months and not 5.

Got it.

Precisely because of that--it was accidental. If they did sedate Maddie and she had a reaction of some sort, and died, it would most probably mean the loss of their licenses to practice medicine. They might very well lose custody of their other two children as well. You or I might be able to plead that we didn't know that the little bit extra of cold medicine or adult medicine would actually kill a child, but the McCanns would have no such excuse.

Faced with losing their other children, loss of livelihood, and maybe even prison time, they might very well rationalize covering things up. After all, doctors make mistakes in judgement every day that result in people's deaths. It's something every doctor has to learn to live with in some way or they can't practice medicine.

As well, there seems to be about one child every year or two in Houston that dies from a reaction to anesthesia or some problem with being sedated, while in a dentist's office. It's awfully hard to correct a mistake with sedating someone without a crash cart and all that other "stuff."

The immediate elevation of Maddie to poster child for all missing children was always a bit concerning to me. The McCanns were so quick to begin to pointing out ways the system could be improved and commenting on the number of children missing every year, etc. Even the balloon launches and pipe concerts seemed more memorial in nature. Possibly they decided that since it was an accident, this way the cover up would actually be a good thing because it would help missing children. See, they would be making tragedy into something good for other children.

Just a thought. I'd love to be wrong on this and have Maddie show up alive and someone claim that nice big reward. Oddly enough, with all this talk of accidental death, wouldn't now be a good time for someone to step forward and get that reward, before it's possibly taken back? There doesn't seem to be even a hint of that happening--another reason I don't feel hopeful about Madeleine's life.
They are going to lose their medical licenses and their children, they should have been upfront from the very start.

Most of us here knew their was something going on, but didnt have the evidence to back it up.

So you can kill your get and get less than 2 years, as long as you only lie about it for 4 months and not 5.

Got it.

So, 2 years for....what? Manslaughter?

And what for gross abuse of a corpse? LWOP??

Didn't the PJ make a statement to Porteguese news that they had not offered her a deal? Called it a joke...
*goes to search things out*

If she was offered a deal I would be shocked it she took it. I just can't see Kate taking a deal after all the interviews, meeting the Pope, and media attention she has been a part of. I get the feeling it might be too late for 'confession' if she is part of this.

If she was offered a deal I would be shocked it she took it. I just can't see Kate taking a deal after all the interviews, meeting the Pope, and media attention she has been a part of. I get the feeling it might be too late for 'confession' if she is part of this.

-----and she'll take it to her grave just like PR did........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah