997 users online (195 members and 802 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 330
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,959

    Southwest Flight Attendant Tries to Boot Hooters Waitress From Plane Over Clothing

    This should make for a good debate...

    A 23-year-old college student claimed Friday that Southwest Airlines singled her out after a male flight attendant told her that her white denim miniskirt, high-heel sandals and sweater over a tank top was too "revealing."
    Southwest Airlines stands behind that flight attendant's decision two months ago to confront Kyla Ebbert, who also works as Hooters waitress in downtown San Diego, after complaints from another employee about Ebbert's choice of clothing.

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296053,00.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    3,181
    then pulled down her skirt, tightened her sweater over her tank top and wrapped up in a blanket in her seat.
    the skirt aint that long to begin with. how high was it that she needed to pull it down?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,705
    OH now they are the clothing police???

    Really the authority the airlines have has totally gone too far.
    There is nothing wrong with her outfit.

    My guess is the guy had some issue with some young pretty girl he could never date or was jealous of.... and other old bat female employees who were also jealous.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,308
    You say it, Amraann! Nothing wrong with her outfit (in fact I think it's a bit much in 110 degree weather, with the sweater and all LOL). I've seen women dressed like this on airplanes (and we fly a lot). Especially on the longer flights though (6+ hours) I wonder why they'd want to wear something I'd personally be uncomfortable in after a while (you always end up pulling on skirts etc.). But inappropriate? Heck no.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,959
    On the one hand we have free will and can wear what we wish so long as our bodies are covered so what right is it of the airline to say what i can wear. One the other hand, i am so tired of seeing girls in shorts that could pass for underpants ,skirts that cover nothing, and boobs hanging out. Why do women feel the need to dress like they are selling themsleves. Women can be attractive with out exposing themselves and I hope this young lady can see that one day.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,395
    Cute looking girl. And she looks frightened in that picture. I don't see anything wrong with that outfit. My guess is the guy was somewhere from the bible belt and was placing his moral beliefs and value system on her.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,959
    I wonder if this is one of those short, really lowrise skirts that have the thong hanging out. Do you all know what i mean? Anything underwear in on display from that or the gangsterpants, i don't have any problems with the wardrobe police coming.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters View Post
    On the one hand we have free will and can wear what we wish so long as our bodies are covered so what right is it of the airline to say what i can wear. One the other hand, i am so tired of seeing girls in shorts that could pass for underpants ,skirts that cover nothing, and boobs hanging out. Why do women feel the need to dress like they are selling themsleves. Women can be attractive with out exposing themselves and I hope this young lady can see that one day.
    Maybe she doesn't consider it to be selling herself and wears that stuff because she likes it. Imagine that.

    I say if you got it, flaunt it. There's no reason to place any value judgement on her.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    4,437
    I see nothing wrong wth what she's wearing in the picture. I've seen worse in public.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    562
    IMO, she looks cute and I don't see anything wrong with her outfit. You can't even see cleavage and her skirt didn't look *that* short. What if they were shorts, would they say the same thing?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Maybe she doesn't consider it to be selling herself and wears that stuff because she likes it. Imagine that.

    I say if you got it, flaunt it. There's no reason to place any value judgement on her.
    No she probably doesn't. If she wants to wear that then let her, i just wonder why young women feel the need to wear clothes like that, whether you have the body or not. I hate how sexualized women have become and it is thrust on young girls as well now. great if you have the body and you are confident wonderful, but if it was your daughter with the smoking hot body, would you want her to wear butt cheek shorts and micro mini skirts? I want my daughter to feel beautiful and sexy wearing clothes that cover her body and wont land her on upskirt.com
    Just for the record, i couldn't tell if her skirt was really even that short.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,326
    I don't see anything wrong with her clothing. It doesn't matter what the choice of clothing is ( or lack of clothing for that matter) someone always has issues with it. I remember when we had a law come into effect here saying all women could be topless in public....you should have heard the outcry We heard it was going to cause traffic tie-ups and all sorts, well I have seen girls topless in public and on one of the more busy streets too and no traffic tie-ups related to her lack of clothing. This guy who reported her and the airline hostess are out of line IMO

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    7,376
    Let's keep in mind that this photo was a "reenactment." This photo of her looking "scared" was not taken at the time of the incident.

    And while it may be the same outfit, all of us women know how a fitted skirt can ride up or a tight top can be yanked south by carrying a bag over your shoulder.

    I'm not 100% sure how I feel about the clothing police, but I also think the skirt is quite revealing, especially if she were given the bulkhead seat. The passengers getting on the plane may have been treated to quite a view. All kinds of businesses have dress codes, including restaurants, bars, health clubs, pools, and even bowling alleys (those shoes!). Why should an airline be forbidden from this practice?

    Does anyone remember the days when riding in first class required a skirt or dress for women and jacket and tie for men? When my cousin worked for Delta, she or anyone else using her free tickets had to be quite nicely dressed to board. Are those rules still in place?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,959
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Whalen View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with her clothing. It doesn't matter what the choice of clothing is ( or lack of clothing for that matter) someone always has issues with it. I remember when we had a law come into effect here saying all women could be topless in public....you should have heard the outcry We heard it was going to cause traffic tie-ups and all sorts, well I have seen girls topless in public and on one of the more busy streets too and no traffic tie-ups related to her lack of clothing. This guy who reported her and the airline hostess are out of line IMO
    Lol, why would anyone even think to make a law like that? That's funny. i guess it's good for the topless sunbathers

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters View Post
    No she probably doesn't. If she wants to wear that then let her, i just wonder why young women feel the need to wear clothes like that, whether you have the body or not. I hate how sexualized women have become and it is thrust on young girls as well now. great if you have the body and you are confident wonderful.
    Just for the record, i couldn't tell if her skirt was really even that short.
    Maybe wearing clothes that reveal her figure a little bit make her feel good about herself, or maybe they are comfortable. I don't see anything overtly sexual about her clothing. Is she supposed to be walking around in baggy sweat shirts and sweat pants?

    Let's also not forget that we as humans have sex and breed. I don't see anything wrong with sexualizing men or women. I personally think sex is a beautiful thing and I don't understand why here in America we have such a puritanical approach to it. Europeans seem to be more open and carefree with their sexuality and I think it's wonderful. America needs to lighten up.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Flight attendant's outburst delays flight
    By Steely Dan in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 04:47 PM
  2. World's Coolest Flight Attendant
    By ~n/t~ in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-15-2012, 04:06 AM
  3. Hooters Waitress Claims Weight Discrimination
    By angelmom in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 09:56 AM
  4. NOT GUILTY TX - Victoria Osteen sued for assaulting flight attendant, Houston, 2005
    By vanillasky in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 09:17 PM