1266 users online (212 members and 1054 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - Denise DePerrie, 36, pregnant, murdered in SoHo apartment, 1 Sept 2007

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295993,00.html

New Yorker Finds Roommate Dead, Second Time in a Year

Thursday , September 06, 2007
    NEW YORK
    For the second time in a year, a man who lives in downtown Manhattan's trendy SoHo district has discovered a roommate dead in the same bedroom.

Detectives were questioning a suspect on Thursday in the latest case the stabbing of a woman whose decaying body was found by the man on Wednesday.
    Last June, the man, whose name was not released, discovered his previous roommate dead in the third-floor, two-bedroom flat on Crosby Street. Authorities concluded the woman died of a narcotics overdose.
    Police said the suspect being questioned Thursday was a former boyfriend of the 36-year-old victim, Denise Deperrie. (more at link)

Hmm. What a coincidence.

Second time??!! That is surely suspicious..

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    Second time??!! That is surely suspicious..
    not really. seems he is just unlucky. the first room mate OD'd the second was attacked by a ex. still i dont think i would move in with him...

Me either

Maybe he needs to do a little more screening before he chooses his roommates.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

Maybe the BF figured the roommate would be blamed due to the previous death?

Thats creepy.

That is creepy ... and scary!!!
    I would definitely move out of that place!
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Post for apartment:

Wonderful apartment in the trendy SoHo district of New York. Last two room mates died in the same bedroom you will rent. Please do not have any "issues" with drugs, ex's or the like. Like to live dangerously, have a death wish, then this is the place for you. Hopefully the spirts of the last two dead room mates have "gone" to the lights, if not "will help pay for "Ghost Whisperer" to hopefully get rid of "the spirts".

Serious inquiries only........phone the number below.

I don't think it's THAT much out of the realm of possibility. Just bad luck.

My ex mother-in-law turned her two story house into a boarding house years ago. She had two or three people die in their rooms while they were living there. They were elderly people, though.

Had an older co-worker that ended up being the one to take care of a lot of elderly relatives. Seemed like they always kicked the bucket within a year of being under her care. THIS lady scared me a lot more than the ex mother-in-law!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberLaw View Post
    Post for apartment:

Wonderful apartment in the trendy SoHo district of New York. Last two room mates died in the same bedroom you will rent. Please do not have any "issues" with drugs, ex's or the like. Like to live dangerously, have a death wish, then this is the place for you. Hopefully the spirts of the last two dead room mates have "gone" to the lights, if not "will help pay for "Ghost Whisperer" to hopefully get rid of "the spirts".

Serious inquiries only........phone the number below.
    The rent will HAVE to be cheap for me to even think about it!

From November 2011:

http://nypost.com/2011/11/21/soho-mu...rlfriend-slay/

A stunningly violent 2009 SoHo murder came to some closure today when killer boyfriend Juan Rios was sentenced to 25 years prison for stabbing his pregnant girlfriend more than 20 times with a long kitchen knife in her Crosby Street apartment.

Denise DePerrie, 36, could possibly have saved her own life — but she was so terrified of Rios, who she’d met at a methadone clinic several months prior, that she refused to testify against him for allegedly swinging at her with a Samurai sword weeks earlier.