WY WY - Amanda Gallion, 14, Gillette, 13 Oct 1997

Rle7

Reaction score
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: October 13, 1997 from Gillette, Wyoming

Classification: Endangered Runaway

Date Of Birth: September 13, 1983

Height and Weight: 5'2, 100 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Dark blonde hair, blue eyes. Gallion's hair was dyed black at the time of her 1997 disappearance.

bar.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Gallion was last seen walking to school during the morning hours of October 13, 1997 in Gillette, Wyoming. She never arrived for classes that day and has not been heard from again.

Gallion's case was classified as that of an endangered runaway shortly after her disappearance. Wyoming authorities reopened her investigation in 2000 after being contacted by Montana investigators. Nathaniel Bar-Jonah was arrested that year for the 1996 abduction and presumed murder of Zachary Ramsay. A photo of Bar-Jonah is posted below this case summary. Authorities discovered unidentified bone fragments on Bar-Jonah's property during a search and compared Gallion's DNA to the remains. The fragments did not match Gallion, Ramsay or Janice Pockett, a child who disappeared from Connecticut in 1973. Officials have also investigated the possibility that Bar-Jonah was involved in the 1978 Massachusetts disappearance of Andrew Amato.

Bar-Jonah, whose given name is David P. Brown, has a lengthy criminal history. He has been convicted of sexually abusing children in the past and has confessed to cannibalistic activites. He was scheduled to be tried for Ramsay's presumed murder in 2002, but the charges were dismissed due to lack of evidence. Ramsay's remains have never been located. Bar-Jonah has never been charged in connection with Gallion's case and it is unknown if he was involved.

In January 2007, James Strahl, an accused murderer from South Dakota, allegedly confessed to Gallion's murder. A photograph of Strahl is posted below this case summary. He was in jail awaiting trial in connection with the 1998 death of another man, William O'Hare, when one of his cellmates, Aloysius Black Crow, stated Strahl had bragged about killing Gallion. Strahl allegedly stated he picked up Gallion hitchhiking after she ran away from home, and raped and killed her after she resisted his sexual advances. He said he was under the influence of drugs at the time of the murder. His employment records indicate he was absent from work around the time of Gallion's disappearance. Strahl, however, maintains his innocence in her case and stated he never confessed anything about her disappearance and Black Crow's story is a lie. Strahl has not been charged in Gallion's case. However, authorities plan to use Black Crow's testimony in Strahl's trial for murdering O'Hare. Prosecutors stated they plan to use Strahl's alleged confession to Gallion's murder as evidence that Strahl killed O'Hare intentionally.

Curiously, this is not the only time Black Crow has given evidence in a missing person case. In early 2006, Black Crow told investigators that one of his other cellmates, David Lykken, had admitted to killing Pamella Jackson and Cheryl Miller, teenage girls who disappeared together from South Dakota in 1971 and were never found. Lykken was charged with murdering both girls in July 2007, and is awaiting trial. Black Crow is expected to testify against him. Although many agencies continue to classify Gallion's disappearance as a runaway case, investigators believed that other factors may have been involved in Gallion's case since her Social Security number has not been used since her October 1997 disappearance. Her case remains open and unsolved.

The case of a missing Wyoming girl came up today at the sentencing of James Strahl, who'll serve life in prison for killing a rural South Dakota man nine years ago.

South Dakota Assistant Attorney General Connie Larson told the judge that prosecutors believe Strahl was involved in the October 1997 disappearance of 14-year-old Amanda Gallion in Gillette.

According to court papers, Strahl told a jail cellmate that he raped and killed her. Strahl has not been charged with any crimes in Wyoming.

http://www.idaho8.com/Global/story.asp?S=7035976

Bump.

This month will mark 13 years that Amanda has been missing. Come home soon sweetie.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion on this case. On the charleyproject page, mention is made of her 20 year old boyfriend, who disapeared a few days later. The case brief says that he remains unidentified. A search of the Wyoming cases leads me to believe that her boyfriend was Patrick Lee Ghering, who was 20 years old, like her boyfriend, was last seen in Gillette, and was last seen 6 days after Gallion disappeared. His page on the doenetwork states that he may be with an adult woman. With all the talk on the various websites about Nathaniel Bar-Jonah and James Strahl, I just cannot get over the whole boyfriend thing. I can't help but wonder how much more LE knows about this case that they are not putting out there. Food for thought.

Missing for 16 years. Wondering what ever happened to her and Patrick Lee Ghering. Maybe he holds the key as to what happened to her.

The missing persons & Unsolved Crimes & Doe's says:
November 19, 2014
Amanda Dawn Gallion went Missing on October 13, 1997 from Gillette Wyoming.. The 14 year old boyfriend told police three days later that he'd last seen her at 07:15 the morning she vanished...A few days later the boyfriends car was found on the side of the road, facing the wrong direction. He was never seen again...Gallion and her boyfriend never have used their Social Security numbers..
http://mja--inc--investigations.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=196478591

May 3, 2017 article on JuneauEmpire.com, references a comment by Amanda Gallion written 37 days ago.

Amanda Gallion: I can remember when Juneau-Douglas was a wonderful, safe and beautiful community to live in. Now the junkie zombies roam around looking for thier next fix. Here comes the EMTs to save them when they fix themselves up a little too much. How bout we let them fix themselves, hmmm?
http://juneauempire.com/news/2017-05-03/douglas-residents-seek-solutions-rising-crime

I'm not sure if its her.....but maybe? Notifying Mod....

Amanda Gallion

May 3, 2017 article on JuneauEmpire.com, references a comment by Amanda Gallion written 37 days ago.

http://juneauempire.com/news/2017-05-03/douglas-residents-seek-solutions-rising-crime

I'm not sure if its her.....but maybe? Notifying Mod....

Amanda Gallion

From a quick search that Amanda is 42 years old whereas this Amanda would be 34. I suppose you might increase your age if you ran away however 8 years just seems too much.
I'm quite interested in the boyfriend Patrick angle to the disappearance though.

From a quick search that Amanda is 42 years old whereas this Amanda would be 34. I suppose you might increase your age if you ran away however 8 years just seems too much.
I'm quite interested in the boyfriend Patrick angle to the disappearance though.

Hi- The Amanda Gallion in Fairbanks might be the same commenter in the article....or not. Juneau is 641 miles from Fairbanks. I don't have enough info.

Ghering was last seen in Gillette, Wyoming on October 19, 1997. His fourteen-year-old girlfriend, Amanda Gallion, disappeared on October 13. When questioned about Amanda's disappearance, Ghering said he had last seen her at 7:15 a.m. the day she vanished. Police believed he was concealing her. Six days later, Ghering also disappeared. His vehicle was found abandoned on the wrong side of the road, facing the wrong direction. He was never seen again. Ghering's Social security number hasn't been used since his disappearance, and neither has Amanda's, indicating that neither of them have gotten jobs, credit cards or driver's licenses. Although police initially believed the pair ran away together and some agencies still classify Amanda as a runaway, foul play is possible in their disappearances. Their cases remain unsolved.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/ghering_patrick.html

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• gallion_amanda.jpg
    gallion_amanda.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 96
  • gallion_amanda_ap.jpg
    gallion_amanda_ap.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 97
  • ghering_patrick.jpg
    ghering_patrick.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 97
  • ghering_patrick_ap.jpg
    ghering_patrick_ap.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 96
Amanda Gallion commented to an article in the Juneau paper on June 24, 2017.

http://juneauempire.com/news/2017-06-23/legislature-passes-bill-fight-opioid-epidemic

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

And someone instantly asked her a question about how come that she never said anything about being missing....think that she will respond?

I highly doubly it...for all I care it could be a totally different person with the same name (its not uncommon - there's obituary for Amanda Gallion from Texas)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back