1372 users online (305 members and 1067 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    262

    Where is CuddleCat?

    I haven't seen CuddleCat since KM was interviewed. Has it finally been seized as evidence? Also, given KM has been carrying it around 24/7 since 3 May, how could it have been reportedly tested and found to have a cadaver smell on it? Is this just more inaccurate speculation and rumour or have I missed something?

    I don't like to draw conclusions from anything other than the facts but the constant presence of CuddleCat seemed to me to be a conscious decision to try to draw public sympathy (perhaps I am being unfair, though). Its status was relegated to peeking out of KM's rucksack when she went for interview (again, this looked 'staged') and has now disappeared, at least to the best of my knowledge.

    Does anyone have any information on CuddleCat's current whereabouts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,295
    I think once it was stated in the media that Cuddle Cat had been alerted by a cadaver dog, the little toy was a gruesome reminder of what might have happened to Maddie, so its career as spokestoy is over now.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,299
    !!!!!

  4. #4
    Jdee is offline Sometimes I scream inside my head. I scream for those that can't...
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    433
    Resting in peace I hope as I am sick to death of seeing that pathetic thing dragged around. It was never anything but a sympathy ploy by Kate.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,119
    I wonder if the PJ finally took it from her. I can't believe they were allowing her to continue to drag it around after the testing. Remember when she washed it? It wasn't too long ago. Anyone else besides me think that was an attempt to remove any smells? Can the cadaver smell be washed away?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,295
    The Sun article in the media links (very pro-McCann article) mentioned that the washing of CuddleCat was a point of concern.

    I remember reading somewhere that CuddleCat was washed because it smelled of suntan lotion and was dirty.

    I think washing away the cadaver smell on anything depends upon how how well the item is washed (soap, water temp, etc.) and how long the item was in close contact with the cadaver.

  7. #7
    poco's Avatar
    poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Flora-frickin-duh
    Posts
    38,905
    I found cuddle cat ----- >

    So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    819
    CuddleCat was washed? I don't understand that. I have heard stories about parents with missing children never letting anything be removed from the kids rooms, and never washing their sheets again, etc.

    I think it's weird that she washed CuddleCat.
    http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...oston/pree.jpg

    Beloved Taffy ~ June, 1994 - February 15, 2007.

    ...always in my heart...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    794

    Diabolical McCanns

    Quote Originally Posted by delilah View Post
    I haven't seen CuddleCat since KM was interviewed. Has it finally been seized as evidence? Also, given KM has been carrying it around 24/7 since 3 May, how could it have been reportedly tested and found to have a cadaver smell on it? Is this just more inaccurate speculation and rumour or have I missed something?

    I don't like to draw conclusions from anything other than the facts but the constant presence of CuddleCat seemed to me to be a conscious decision to try to draw public sympathy (perhaps I am being unfair, though). Its status was relegated to peeking out of KM's rucksack when she went for interview (again, this looked 'staged') and has now disappeared, at least to the best of my knowledge.

    Does anyone have any information on CuddleCat's current whereabouts?
    I believe Cuddle Cat has met the same fate as Madeleine. IOW, no longer wanted and loved by Kate, it's down a hole somewhere.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,646
    We don't even know that Madeleine ever had Cuddle Cat in her possession since it was supposed to be a 4th birthday gift. I'd be willing to bet that the McCanns certainly didn't point it out to the PJ at the time of her disappearance- it's usefulness was in manipulating the masses into feeling sorry for the parents by having Kate carry around Madeleine's favorite toy. But there is not ONE single picture we've seen to back this statement up. IF Cuddle Cat developed any kind of scent that the sniffer dogs tracked on, I think it was after May 3, which is another compelling reason for finding the parents guilty.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    8,276
    According to this article Cuddle Cat returned to the UK with the family.

    They had checked in and cleared security by 8.30am, and the flight took off only a few minutes late. Photographs taken on a compact camera inside the airport’s VIP lounge show the couple looking relaxed and playing with the twins as they wait to leave.

    In one picture Mr McCann has Cuddle Cat, Madeleine’s favourite soft toy, on his shoulder as Sean leans over him. His wife, wearing a badge featuring Madeleine’s face on her lapel, holds Amelie next to him. The twins appear to be joking and jumping around, producing smiles from their parents.


    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2417680.ece

  12. #12
    KOOL LOOK's Avatar
    KOOL LOOK is offline ~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal, "Love" is my Vengence
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Posts
    6,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdee View Post
    Resting in peace I hope as I am sick to death of seeing that pathetic thing dragged around. It was never anything but a sympathy ploy by Kate.
    I agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by poco View Post
    I found cuddle cat ----- >
    Baaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkhammer View Post
    I believe Cuddle Cat has met the same fate as Madeleine. IOW, no longer wanted and loved by Kate, it's down a hole somewhere.
    I agree. Sad!

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    We don't even know that Madeleine ever had Cuddle Cat in her possession since it was supposed to be a 4th birthday gift. I'd be willing to bet that the McCanns certainly didn't point it out to the PJ at the time of her disappearance- it's usefulness was in manipulating the masses into feeling sorry for the parents by having Kate carry around Madeleine's favorite toy. But there is not ONE single picture we've seen to back this statement up. IF Cuddle Cat developed any kind of scent that the sniffer dogs tracked on, I think it was after May 3, which is another compelling reason for finding the parents guilty.

    Are you sure about this information? If true, darn it changes alot for me and should for everyone else. Maddie hadn't received the present cuddies yet? Wowsa, that proves to me two things. Kate is using the cat for sympathy and show. Pomp and stance. It having the cadaver smell, could only mean it had contact with a dead body, and it would have to be in the vicinity for a decent amount of time of the body, actually being on it. That definately sounds like a parental killing. Remember Jon Benet being wrapped in her favorite blanket over her? A personal killing, especially parental killings sympathy in the laying the dead to rest, they would put something of value, like a consoling comforting item with them.

    Just like parents or loved ones do with the dead in their caskets. Picutres, stuffed animals, jewelry etc... This makes it look even worse for teh parents to me. Kate would have placed cuddlecat with maddies body. Makes even more sense if Calikid is correct, maddie hadn't received the cat gift yet, was suppose to be a birthday gift.

    Sooooo, as we're learning it's now a possibility they held onto maddies body after death, or went back and moved it also substantiates these allegations, the cat is adding to evidence that this scenerio did occur. Wow!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,646
    Kate McCann claimed that the reason Cuddle Cat had a cadaver smell on it was because she's a GP and had taken it to work with her. LOL, give me a break!

  14. #14
    KOOL LOOK's Avatar
    KOOL LOOK is offline ~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal, "Love" is my Vengence
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Posts
    6,671
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    Kate McCann claimed that the reason Cuddle Cat had a cadaver smell on it was because she's a GP and had taken it to work with her. LOL, give me a break!

    Correct, but didn't you say maddie never actually received the gift yet being her birthday hadn't arrived when she went missing. So, we know Kate is full of bologna concerning her explanation, made her look like a guilty foolish silly woman.

    Geez, even I could come up with something more plausible, for example, I handled a dead bird.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    We don't even know that Madeleine ever had Cuddle Cat in her possession since it was supposed to be a 4th birthday gift. I'd be willing to bet that the McCanns certainly didn't point it out to the PJ at the time of her disappearance- it's usefulness was in manipulating the masses into feeling sorry for the parents by having Kate carry around Madeleine's favorite toy. But there is not ONE single picture we've seen to back this statement up. IF Cuddle Cat developed any kind of scent that the sniffer dogs tracked on, I think it was after May 3, which is another compelling reason for finding the parents guilty.
    What I find odd about cuddle cat being a 4th b-day gift is ,was it not said that when Kate was asked why the dogs detected cadever smell on her clothing and on cuddle cat didn't she tell them that was because she had been around cadavers at work and had taken cuddle cat to work with her.
    Very strange.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast