What do you think is going to happen now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussie_mum

Reaction score
Do you think they will go back to Portugal? Do you think they will be charged? Will they disappear from public life? Do you think Maddie will be found?

Also wondering if we could have thread by someone in the 'know' about actual facts seperated from rumour and what we know to be true and what Team Mc Cann has stated and may not be true.

I don't think poor Maddie will be found alive.

Good thread idea.

Sadly neither do,its been too long.
I fear that this case may go the same way as JBRS did:(

If the parents are found guilty and dont tell the LE where Madelaine is, OMG..... I dont know how they could live with themselves.:banghead:

Sadly neither do,its been too long.
I fear that this case may go the same way as JBRS did:(

I feel the same. I just have this awful feeling that this will trudge on as that csse did and we will never be able to know the truth; I think the only way the McCanns could ever be classed as innocent now is if Maddie was found alive with 'a kidnapper' and sadly I dont think thats very likely.

I think the truth will be found many, many years later, when another crime is solved (i.e. a future kidnapping / child killing).

I think the McCann's will be called back to Portugal. The mom arrested. And that hopefully will put a tight squeeze on Gerry to tell the truth IF they are involved.

I am hoping some of the searches will find Maddie now that the McCanns are out of Portugal. I wonder if mileage on the vehicle they rented will be checked against their known whereabouts during their stay.It could give an indication where she was disposed of and then they can bring in dogs to help find her.

I pray something happens to give justice to Madeleine. I don't think she will be found, I think she was disposed of in the sea. But I really, really want whoever is responsible for her death to pay!!!!!!! I really want the McCanns dragged back to Portugal ASAP after they get Amelie and Sean settled with grandparents. I also would like to see the Tapas group called in for intense questioning again.

I think and hope PLE will put all there resources into finding Maddie's remains. As if they are correct that her parents did kill her now they need the body. It probably is not a detriment to this part of the investigation to have the parents back in England since they did not crack under all the questioning. At this point PLE needs a body. As to the parents I think they will never step on portugese soil again unless forced too.

mjak

I hope if she is dead that Madeleines body will be found & given a proper burial. She deserves that at least.
I think that at some stage the McCanns will be called back to Portugal maybe charged who knows.
I also think the other members of that dinner party should be questioned again, I think some know the truth.
Social services should make a public case of this as a warning to other parents who think they can get away with child neglect!
I just hope the truth comes out & we don't remain wondering forever what happened to that gorgeous little girl.

Do you think they will go back to Portugal? Do you think they will be charged? Will they disappear from public life? Do you think Maddie will be found?

Also wondering if we could have thread by someone in the 'know' about actual facts seperated from rumour and what we know to be true and what Team Mc Cann has stated and may not be true.

I think this would be a short thread because all we actually know to be fact is: Madeleine McCann dissapeared.

Because of Portugal's secrecy laws everything else is rumor. What the McCanns and the Tapas 7 have told us has been limited and found to be inconsistant as well.

Can you think of something else that can be stated as fact?

If we can come up with a few things that we agree are facts, I will open the thread.

Unless Madeleine is found, I think now that the MCCanns are back in the UK that the Portugese LE will let this case fade, attempting to leave the impression that they have done their job as well as they could but didn't have enough evidence to convict or extradite the McCanns. The same people who believe in the parents guilt now, will still believe they are guilty. The fence-sitters will stay fence-sitters. And the NGs will stay NGs.
We will still be discussing it on here years from now.

I'm afraid you are right, STEADFAST. Investigators told Sky News the investigation would take a year. If they had anything substantial, the McCanns would not be back in England at this time. I think they were trying to get one or the other to crack...didn't work so they are free to go.

I believe this is going to turn into another JonBenet Ramsey-type case. I'm very pessimistic about it being ever solved. It seems too much already went wrong.
If the McCanns are innocent, it must be hell for them. For the suspicion will stick to them like tar as long as they live.
And if they are guilty, they will have to live with constant lying and deceit, and also with the fear that Madeleine's body will be found after all and tested for forensic evidence. Even if they drowned her in the sea, a body can resurface. Just think of the Scott Peterson case.

jmo

My guess?

The tide has turned against the parents. The pressure on them will only increase. The pressure on the other Tapas diners will increase as well. Someone will cooperate. One of the McCann's will crumble (my guess is Gerry) because they just can't keep it up any longer.

The authorities will be led to the body. It is buried somewhere.

Just a guess...

I believe Maddie's body will be found, quite by accident. This is what happened in the case of Chandra Levy. A year after all the police searches, a man walking his dog found Chandra's skeletal remains in the park.

The McCanns will get away with the murder of this beautiful child, but will live the rest of their lives under a cloud of suspicion. This could affect their careers as doctors.

The Algarve will go back to being a peaceful resort and haven for parents and children. But no one will ever leave their kids unwatched and unprotected there again.

Kate will have a nervous breakdown and be institutionalized. The couple will divorce. The twin babies will be raised by Philomena, Gerry's sister.

I think the PJ have a lot more evidence against the McCanns than anyone knows. With the high profile involved, I can't imagine them taking on the parents without a strong case that will convict them.

I think the PJ have a lot more evidence against the McCanns than anyone knows. With the high profile involved, I can't imagine them taking on the parents without a strong case that will convict them.
But if the PJ have so much convincing evidence, why weren't the McCanns charged and arrested? What would the PJ gain from letting them go now? Maybe they still have to do additional investigating to put all pieces of the puzzle together?

jmo

I think part of it is they're still investigating, such as waiting for all the lab results to come back, asking for new tests and talking to witnesses. It hasn't hurt anything to let the McCanns just talk themselves into a hole. They can force them to come back to Portugal any time they want.

It's like the head of the PJ has said, they knew almost from the start that Madeleine hadn't been kidnapped. They collected evidence and apparently didn't mind that people were portraying them as bumbling keystone cops. But when it comes to making a case, I think it will be airtight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk