717 users online (73 members and 644 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Polygraphs

I have wondered why the Mccaans have not taken a polygraph. If I was in their shoes and innocent at this point I would want MY attorney to have a polygraph done on me. Assuming the results supported my innocnet I would want that released to the media. I can understand prehaps not wanting to take a polygraph given by the authories because of fears of its unreliablity but one my attorney sets conrols the releasing of the results would be something I would want to do at this point. If I was PLE I would have asked the Mccaans to take a polygraph. Do they have plogygraphs in Portugal?

mjak

No. But if I'd been the McCanns and innocent, I would've volunteered to take a polygraph from an independent company in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    No. But if I'd been the McCanns and innocent, I would've volunteered to take a polygraph from an independent company in the UK.
    Exactly

mjak

Maybe they will now that they are back in the UK. We shall see, I suppose.

KOOL LOOK is offline ~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal, "Love" is my Vengence
    If I were Maddies parent, I would take a polygraph. A polygraph or any human or machine wouldn't intimidate me, my child is missing. The machine would probably jump off the table and run when I entered the room.

We ought to nicely go over to Gerry's blog and demand they take one. Someone needs to ask Gerry about whether Maddy had health problems like autism or charger as being talked about on another thread. Ask it in the past tense too, to try and trip him up. "Did Maddy have autism?" Instead of, "Does Maddy have Austism?" "Was her condition noticeable?" etc...

Take a polygraph, Mr. and Mrs. Innocent!!!! Establish one brick to achieve a foundation of innocense. One brick at the time.

Finally - Someone has asked the same question that I have been asking myself over and over again: Why don't they just take a polygraph test? If I were in their shoes and the Portugal police were wasting precious resources on me, the parent, I would take the test to get them to focus their attentions on who may have really taken my daughter. Now, if I were guilty of something, I would continue to proclaim my innocence and update my website with my mundane activities for all the world to read. Of course, I would also make it known that $$$ was still needed and wanted.

Thats why I have thought from the start the McCanns were involved, it things like this which start the hinky meter running, it would be one of the first things I would ask for if I were in there position, asking for a polygraph would at least give them some credence as being innocent, but I dont think they will ask or take a polygraph as will only make them look more guilty.

I dunno these two are super cool, maybe could even fool a Polygraph it has been done! If anyone cracks it will be Gerry I think!

They need to do the polygraph, especially if they are innocent. They could set it up in England, where they are comfortable. And yes, I suppose they could fool the machine, but the way Kate's hands shook and Gerry's voice broke today, I would venture to guess they may no longer be as cool as they were a few weeks ago.

They really need to do this. If they are innocent, they need to do it so that people will start looking for Maddie again. So that the focus of the investigation is back on their daughter and not on them.

Salem

If I were these people I would buy my own polygraph set it up on the street invite the media and get it done. Unless I was guilty....

mjak

IMO the McCanns will never take a poly. The reason is obvious.

So sad.

Maddie may the angels be with you, where ever you are.

Polygraphs are not really used by the police like they appear to be in the UK. I do not think I have every heard of one being used by the police. I think they are used more by Tv chat shows like the Jeremy Kyle show.

Polygraphs are not used in court as they have to high an error margin.

They are useful tools but over all not considered evidence in any court.

The McCanns will avoid them like the plague as they will realise they would have no control over the outcomes, if administered properly.

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post
    Polygraphs are not really used by the police like they appear to be in the UK. I do not think I have every heard of one being used by the police. I think they are used more by Tv chat shows like the Jeremy Kyle show.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...n-Britain.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast