Breaking News – TRACES FOUND ON A SECOND APARTMENT AT OCEAN CLUB

Status
Not open for further replies.

colomom

Inactive
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS – BREAKING NEWS - BREAKING NEWS – BREAKING NEWS
MADELEINE McCANN DISAPPEARANCE: TRACES FOUND ON A SECOND APARTMENT AT OCEAN CLUB (13h33)
The Forensic Science Service, in Birmingham, is analysing several samples collected on another apartment of Ocean Club where, in the early morning of May 4, Portuguese sniffer dogs have signalled the presence of Madeleine McCann.

A new set of results will be send to Portugal in the next days. Those results are considered “very important”, as Police expects they can confirm or, at least give strong indications about the presence of Madeleine McCan on the second apartment at Ocean Club. Among the samples of this new set of results are also traces of biological material collected at apartment 5A and in the house the McCann rented, at Praia da Luz, when they left Ocean Club, several weeks after Madeleine disappeared.

The last set of results received by Portugues Police has a low degree of reliability – between 50 to 60 % - which is not enough to be admitted as evidence, on a trial. However, they were useful to help to give more consistency to other clues that Polícia Judiciária, in a close cooperation with British Police, has been collecting during the last four months. A surveillance operation, for example, has been set up one month ago and all movements of the McCann couple were followed closely by Police.

One of the first results to be ready was from blood specks found on the wall of the apartment from where Madeleine disappeared. Those results showed that the blood was not from Madeleine but from a man and the Forensic Science Service preliminary report referred a 72 % degree of reliability. Other blood sample, collected from the floor of the same apartment, matched partially the genetic profile of the missing child, but with a lower degree of reliability, a little bit over 50 %, result that does not allow to say that it belongs to Madeleine. (continue)

Paulo Reis, in Praia da Luz and Duarte Levy, in Leicester
(http://gazetadigital.blogspot.com)

Is this 2nd apartment one rented by their friends?

Thanks, colomom, for the updates. And everything else you do here!

Don't know Taximom, it could be or it could be the 2nd apartment that the McCanns moved into May 4th. Oh, and your welcome....

Found this:

timesonline: http://tinyurl.com/ypsw7h

At the Ocean Club all four families had apartments in Waterside Gardens Block 5, which overlooked one of two pool and restaurant areas on the resort. It was not a gated site and Gerry’s and Kate’s ground floor apartment, 5a, was on a street corner. The group occupied two of the neighbouring apartments, 5b and 5d, and another on the floor above.

On the first night, Saturday, April 28, the adults and children all ate together at the Ocean Club’s other location, some 10 minutes away, the Millennium Restaurant and Terrace. But the next night, and for all the nights thereafter, all four families settled the children in their apartments and then walked down to the nearby Tapas restaurant with its open air tables offering a clear line of sight to the apartments, about 50 metres away.

You could see the rear of the apartments where french windows opened out of the lounge and kitchen area. In the McCanns’ apartment there was a master bedroom next to the lounge, a bathroom and, furthest away from the Tapas restaurant, at the front, next to the front door, the second bedroom where the three children were put to sleep every night.

**Now that I re-read it, it says the dogs scented on May 4th, that must have been one of the friend's apartments**

Thanks so much for the post, Colomom. Man, do you ever sleep? ;]

If anyone hears of the number of this "second" apartment, please post. Very curious to know.

Reliability of the Test Results
I wish the report would differentiate why there test results have varying degrees of reliability. Is it the quantity of the sample submitted for analysis, or is it the source, or method of collection.

Wondering if the quantity of sample is an issue, could it be submitted to a lab that can process micro amounts of sample. Like the DNAUI facility in Quantico, Virginia.

Thanks again for your work, Colomom.

I'll admit to not being totally up on this case, so pardon my thoughts.

If this truly was a swinging holiday, is it possible that kids were involved? Since Madeleine's parents were doctors, she wouldn't be seen by any other doctors that might catch sexual abuse.

This is probably the wrong thread to post this on, now that I think about it.

I just don't know that even if they were swinger's, it means anything at all in relation to the crime in what happened to Madie. I also think that if that was what the vacation was about, it would have been more likely that they would have used some type of babysitting service, but maybe not. I also don't know that adult's that are involved in swinging are any more likely to sexually abuse a child than those that don't. Are there stat's, is there a perception that a swinger would be more likely to blur the line? I've never felt that way, I don't care whom other adult's we know are sleeping with, I only care about my husband and I and we are more than enough for eachother, but I wouldn't end a friendship or not allow my child to play with kid's of adult's whom did do that. I think we would probably be surprised by the amount of couples that do have "open" relationships.

Thanks for posting about the second apartment colomom :blowkiss:

I am on pins and needles,biting my nails cause I just want the truth to come out and justice for Madeleine to be served on whoever it maybe is responsible.I still think the parents and one or 2 of tapas 9 are involved.I could be wrong and if I am I would be elated and happy that I am that that crow I would be eating would be the most filling ever because I would much rather Madeleines parents be innocent.I can't help what my gut and senses are telling me. :(

BREAKING NEWS – BREAKING NEWS - BREAKING NEWS – BREAKING NEWS
MADELEINE McCANN DISAPPEARANCE: TRACES FOUND ON A SECOND APARTMENT AT OCEAN CLUB (13h33)
The Forensic Science Service, in Birmingham, is analysing several samples collected on another apartment of Ocean Club where, in the early morning of May 4, Portuguese sniffer dogs have signalled the presence of Madeleine McCann.. . .
It was this 2nd apartment DNA evidence I was referring to in one of my first posts in the fence sitting thread. Don't know where I first heard of it but it was on TV, just can't remember which news agency. If true this evidence would be harder for the parents to explain than the first apartment evidence.

Thanks so much for the post, Colomom. Man, do you ever sleep? ;]

If anyone hears of the number of this "second" apartment, please post. Very curious to know.

Reliability of the Test Results
I wish the report would differentiate why there test results have varying degrees of reliability. Is it the quantity of the sample submitted for analysis, or is it the source, or method of collection.

Wondering if the quantity of sample is an issue, could it be submitted to a lab that can process micro amounts of sample. Like the DNAUI facility in Quantico, Virginia.

Thanks again for your work, Colomom.

BloodShotEye, I don't anything about this specific test result, but it could be several things: It could be that specimen is degraded or it could mean that isolating the DNA from surrounding materials has either not been completely possible or has destroyed some of the DNA.

It is really hard to make any sense out of all this DNA evidence when all we can get is hearsay from media sources. There is a huge difference between blood splatter found and a miniscule finding of DNA matter belonging to Maddie. As these are her parents and siblings and they were moving from apartment to apartment. It is concievable that DNA matter for as innocent as skin droppings to saliva from tooth brushing could be found. I have to believe that PLE knows what is and is not relevant DNA findings but still it is so fustrating to just not really know what all this means. I mean I don't think it is shocking if you look hard enough to find DNA evidence of Maddie somewhere on her parents or their belonging. However, if that finding is blood or brain matter that is a whole different can of worms.

mjak

Call me confused - what made them check this second apartment? Whose was it?

Where are all these swingers club rumors coming from?

I would think if the Brit docs are all swingers, that would be a reason to leave their nannies at home. Nannies are very observant and sometimes gossip.

Back at the beginning dogs were brought in and traced to the second apartment and the to a supermarket where the scent was then lost.

Whose apartment it was is not known yet.

If this apartment belonged to one of the Tapas 7, I hope it's an opening to some of, if not all, of them being called back in for questioning again.

If this apartment belonged to one of the Tapas 7, I hope it's an opening to some of, if not all, of them being called back in for questioning again.

And this is breaking news because...............? It means that............?

Someone help me out here.

And this is breaking news because...............? It means that............?

Someone help me out here.
poco, I'm asking the same questions. ;)
If I understand this correctly, early on it was reported that the McCann's and their friends stayed in a few different condo's at the resort. It was just released that the blood splatters/DNA was found at this other apt. Hope that makes some sense.

Both swingers AND drunks tend to leave bodily fluids all over the place.

But not fluids detected by CADAVER DOGS.

If the lady upstairs could hear Madeleine crying then so could others in that complex. Logically speaking I think that could have been what initially got a predator's attention in the first place. That was reported as happening two days before the abduction so whoever did have time to stake out the situation and was right there and probably able to watch the comings and goings of the parents.

I know a lot of the reports haven't been accurate but I have questioned why an abductor if stalking came into play, would go through the window instead of an unlocked door. If he was observing from a window upstairs he couldn't see the door because of the overhang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj