General discussion thread #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoliving

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Here's a new thread for general discussion. Feel free to start threads on certain subjects that you'd like to discuss.

Maybe Moongoddess knows something about the strollers--owned vs. rented, since she was at the resort?

Can't understand why they would change strollers even if they were rented! Surely if you had twins you would have a stroller at home & bring it with you? I went on hols with kids aged 3 & 4 & I brought a twin stroller with me. Young kids get tired walking.
One of the pics with Gerry pushing the 3 wheeled stroller totally covered by a dark cover could have concealed Madeleines body, no child was visible.

Maybe Moongoddess knows something about the strollers--owned vs. rented, since she was at the resort?

Hopefully she knows something about the toilets used too. This sounds totally disgusting, but after reading about the woman who tried to flush her newborn baby, it had me thinking that maybe a couple doctors could carefully bleed out, dismember and flush smaller parts of a small child, with little or no blood if done properly. The torso & head could have been stored in the tank behind the seat for a few days in the cold water. We have rather large tanks on a regular toilet here, but I have no idea what they look like there. I see people talk about wrapping her body in blankets and towels, but most hotel rooms I've stayed in have had a large selection of plastic laundry bags...She could have been easily carried out in one of those without causing much suspicion or a shopping bag for that matter, if only parts of her where left.

Hi:) Sorry I cant help out there - my kids are 28&20 I didn't get to learn much about the runnings of the kids facilities, thinking about it, when I saw on tv today them arriving back and unloading the car - I didn't recall seeing a buggy being bought into the house... they could have hired one... maybe the Mark Warner site would indicate if they are for hire?

Hopefully she knows something about the toilets used too. This sounds totally disgusting, but after reading about the woman who tried to flush her newborn baby, it had me thinking that maybe a couple doctors could possibly bleed out, dismember and flush smaller parts of a small child. The torso & head could have been stored in the tank behind the seat for a few days in the cold water. We have rather large tanks on a regular toilet here, but I have no idea what they look like there. I see people talk about wrapping her body in blankets and towels, but most hotel rooms I've stayed in have had a large selection of plastic laundry bags...She could have been easily carried out in one of those without causing much suspicion or a shopping bag for that matter, if only parts of her where left.

Hi:) Ewwww - I dont personally go with the theory that she was dismembered... we were supplied with 3 fresh towels each when the maids called which we didnt always need as we took our own, at one point I think we ended up with around 6 each - I dont think it would be noticed if one or two of the big towels went missing, - I couldn't see that they were replacing like (dirty)for like (clean) so to speak - although we didn't have a maid service everyday (not at all at the weekend) I did ask about the water system because once one person had had a shower, it took at least half an hour for the water to heat up again and even then you didn't get a full tank... the plumbing out there isn't like it is at home...

We had bin liners supplied for the bins - the one in the kitchen was a fair size - put it this way, one could have gone over the top of her little body and another on the bottom half - it would have taken two...and there was one in the bottom of the bin ready to replace to used one...

As I have stated I feel she was taken out in a suitcase and quite possibly the suitcase bought back temporarily...

I have posted some pic's on picture thread which give a good indication of the type of land surrounding Luz...

I hope I have answered everything... gone midnight here...

Diane

Hopefully she knows something about the toilets used too. This sounds totally disgusting, but after reading about the woman who tried to flush her newborn baby, it had me thinking that maybe a couple doctors could carefully bleed out, dismember and flush smaller parts of a small child, with little or no blood if done properly. The torso & head could have been stored in the tank behind the seat for a few days in the cold water. We have rather large tanks on a regular toilet here, but I have no idea what they look like there. I see people talk about wrapping her body in blankets and towels, but most hotel rooms I've stayed in have had a large selection of plastic laundry bags...She could have been easily carried out in one of those without causing much suspicion or a shopping bag for that matter, if only parts of her where left.

I think that's a leap. I think they were involved, but I doubt they cold have done that. I think they loved her and this was an accident. What you have described I just can't imagine being able to do that to someone who you love. If they had done that I think one of them would have broken down by now.

Thanks Moongoddess! I know what you mean, once you don't need the little kiddie things anymore!

So we don't know if the resort rented or had strollers available, although if they did, it wasn't obvious to all guests. Perhaps it was just one of those services listed for guests but not displayed.

I can't see any reason anyone would think about taking a body apart. It's time consuming and messy and the most important thing to whoever is trying to dispose of a body, is to get it done as quickly as possible, without being detected.

Towels at a resort are a dime a dozen. Often maids leave carts in the hallway - wouldn't be difficult to take a few.

I am bringing this over from another thread because it is more appropriate in the general discussion than it is there (and I fear it might get deleted, lol). My post was brought on by this quote:

Originally Posted by strach304
I know a lot of the reports haven't been accurate but I have questioned why an abductor if stalking came into play, would go through the window instead of an unlocked door. If he was observing from a window upstairs he couldn't see the door because of the overhang.

I have been wanting to say this about the locked/unlocked door part. Being from Europe I've been to a lot of European countries and the doorknobs/doorhandles are different than in the US.

In the US I have encountered many a door where you can just turn the doorknob from the outside and it will open the door if not locked. 'Locking the door' in the US usually means locking this doorknob, sometimes a seperate deadbolt is locked too (through a seperate keyhole).

No-where in Europe have I ever encountered a doorlock like this (and I have actually stayed in resorts in towns near Praya da Luz as well). Once you close the door it is impossible to open it without using a key. A lot of people also lock the door but that is an extra precaution like the deadbolt in the US. It just happens through the same keyhole that you use to unlock (open) the door when you want to get in.

A door in Europe would be called 'unlocked' when it is only pulled closed behind someone (even though you would need a key to open the door again).

An unlocked door in the US can still be opened from the outside without a key by turning the doorknob.

Just an observation, and hopefully MoonGoddess can shed some light on this also.

Thanks JanetElaine, that is very interesting. MoonGoddess, do you know what kind of locks are on the french doors there? I know in many of the reports I've read Kate and Gerry said they left those doors unlocked to check on the children. I've seen where there are additional locks that are on the inside such as bolts but I didn't get the impression that the french doors were secured in any manner.

Does anyone else recall that when the Portugese tracking dogs were first brought in, shortly after Madeleine went missing, they tracked her to another apartment in the complex, and to the grocery store that was near by. I had thought perhaps at the time, that they were actually tracking blood on someone else's shoes. Does anyone know how trash is disposed of from the apartments? Is there a large trash bin at that grocery store? What about a large freezer that could have been used? Just thinking horrible thoughts here...... I hate this.

Thanks JanetElaine, that is very interesting. MoonGoddess, do you know what kind of locks are on the french doors there? I know in many of the reports I've read Kate and Gerry said they left those doors unlocked to check on the children. I've seen where there are additional locks that are on the inside such as bolts but I didn't get the impression that the french doors were secured in any manner.

I have to add to my observation that what I said basically goes for front doors. Sometimes people have a back door with a door handle (push down) and such a door usually can be opened from the outside without using a key.... these doors (handles/locks) really are only used on entrances that are not accessible for everyone (i.e. the backdoor inside a fenced-in yard with locked gate).

But never on any door that I have ever encountered in any resort including in Portugal, and that's why I didn't elaborate in my first post about this. I somehow felt the need to explain now, though. :eek:

Really hoping MoonGoddess will chime in about this.

Does anyone else recall that when the Portugese tracking dogs were first brought in, shortly after Madeleine went missing, they tracked her to another apartment in the complex, and to the grocery store that was near by. I had thought perhaps at the time, that they were actually tracking blood on someone else's shoes. Does anyone know how trash is disposed of from the apartments? Is there a large trash bin at that grocery store? What about a large freezer that could have been used? Just thinking horrible thoughts here...... I hate this.

Yeah I remember that. That's why in the thread 'Where is she' I asked at exactly which point the dogs were brought in (I didn't get an answer yet though). If it was after the dumpster at the grocery store usually gets emptied, then that's my guess of where she is.... :(

I am bringing this over from another thread because it is more appropriate in the general discussion than it is there (and I fear it might get deleted, lol). My post was brought on by this quote:

I have been wanting to say this about the locked/unlocked door part. Being from Europe I've been to a lot of European countries and the doorknobs/doorhandles are different than in the US.

In the US I have encountered many a door where you can just turn the doorknob from the outside and it will open the door if not locked. 'Locking the door' in the US usually means locking this doorknob, sometimes a seperate deadbolt is locked too (through a seperate keyhole).

No-where in Europe have I ever encountered a doorlock like this (and I have actually stayed in resorts in towns near Praya da Luz as well). Once you close the door it is impossible to open it without using a key. A lot of people also lock the door but that is an extra precaution like the deadbolt in the US. It just happens through the same keyhole that you use to unlock (open) the door when you want to get in.

A door in Europe would be called 'unlocked' when it is only pulled closed behind someone (even though you would need a key to open the door again).

An unlocked door in the US can still be opened from the outside without a key by turning the doorknob.

Just an observation, and hopefully MoonGoddess can shed some light on this also.

Thanks for clarifying this. Can you tell me if sliding patio doors are like the ones in the US or do they also lock when closed. I ask because I don't think it's ever been established what door the McCanns used to check the kids.

Calikid, I've read several places where they said they used the french doors. They were facing the pool and closest to the restaurant as well. I've read reports stating they were locked and unlocked but the reports where they state unlocked seem to be coming from the McCanns directly.

The date for the dogs was the 4th of May. I'd love to know which top apt. those dogs traced her scent to. We know one was occupied by the elderly lady and another by someone in the McCanns group.

Can't understand why they would change strollers even if they were rented! Surely if you had twins you would have a stroller at home & bring it with you? I went on hols with kids aged 3 & 4 & I brought a twin stroller with me. Young kids get tired walking.
One of the pics with Gerry pushing the 3 wheeled stroller totally covered by a dark cover could have concealed Madeleines body, no child was visible.
Maybe they only booked the first stroller for the duration of their holiday dates and this had to be returned. They then had to hire a second as they didn't return home.

Anyone else following the many interviews that Philomena McCann has been doing? (a very vocally supportive family member that is often referred to as "Aunty Phil") Some of the things she says, as she flits from one interview after another, are almost comedic in nature, but this case isn't something to be made light of. She's regaled the cadaver dogs along the lines of "Lassie"... she's said Gerry told her not to antagonize the Portuguese, but then went on to call the PJ imbeciles (nothing says "NOT antogonzing them" like calling the PJ imbeciles)... and one that had me shaking my head at her, she said: "the police shouldnt be looking at any evidence that implicates Kate and Gerry".

Seriously... why are the McCann's allowing this lady to speak for them? She's doing them more harm than good... and as each day passes and she engages in more interviews, the more crazier she sounds. Team McCann needs to seriously put a muzzle on her...

A thought just occured to me while reading this on another thread.Was'nt sure where to put it so thought I would put here to get some feed back from it.

poco

This is from another thread, but IMO, has some real cover up issues surrounding it......

From a post by Cali -

c. Kate McCann's screams to GM at 10:00 that "They took her", as she raced back to the restaurant without the twins. Who is "they"? Which one of her daughters is "her"? Like if she suspected that someone had kidnapped one of the children, why would she leave the twins alone?

My response.....

WOW, this sets my hinky meter off - good call Cali -

WHY would she leave the two twins alone when she just found her one daughter missing..........

WHY did she say "THEY took HER"; if that is in fact exactly what she said. Can anyone verify this? This sounds like a staged comment. THEY - who is they?? why did she say they? and HER - her who? There was another little girl in that room that night - Kate didn't specify which child was taken. Shey just said "THEY (small foreign faction??) took HER."

Wouldn't you think she would have said something more along the lines of "Maddie is not in the apartment" or "Maddie isn't in her bed" -
NOT - THEY TOOK HER!!!!!

In a way it sounds to me like a rehearsed script

Maybe an accident happened or what they thought was a mild reaction to the sedative occured.They didn't think it was serious.Maybe they had or one of their friends knew someone there that they asked to look in on Madeleine.The person or persons did not check like they should have and when they did they discovered she had died,they panic and took Madeleine away.Maybe that is why kate said "They took her".

So I asked myself why G&K would not say who took her?The only thing I can come up with is that that person(s) had something on them and are blackmailing them.G&K may have thought all along that Madeleine was alive until now with the cadavar dogs and the DNA samples.

I don't think this is what happened.Still think it was an accidental death that the parents are covering up.I just wanted to throw this idea out there.

Anyone else following the many interviews that Philomena McCann has been doing? (a very vocally supportive family member that is often referred to as "Aunty Phil") Some of the things she says, as she flits from one interview after another, are almost comedic in nature, but this case isn't something to be made light of. She's regaled the cadaver dogs along the lines of "Lassie"... she's said Gerry told her not to antagonize the Portuguese, but then went on to call the PJ imbeciles (nothing says "NOT antogonzing them" like calling the PJ imbeciles)... and one that had me shaking my head at her, she said: "the police shouldnt be looking at any evidence that implicates Kate and Gerry".

Seriously... why are the McCann's allowing this lady to speak for them? She's doing them more harm than good... and as each day passes and she engages in more interviews, the more crazier she sounds. Team McCann needs to seriously put a muzzle on her...

In my opinion that woman should be muzzled :furious:

She is embarassing...

Just my opinion, of course :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads