1262 users online (283 members and 979 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 166
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,119

    Cuddle Cat (and Other Obvious Lies)

    OK, we all agree that Kate's assertion to the PJ that the reason Cuddle Cat had a cadaver scent on it, as well as her clothing, was that she is a doctor and she was around dead bodies right before coming to Portugal, and that she often took Cuddle Cat to work with her....was utter BS.

    What other obvious or possible lies have there been? Any? The fact that the children were checked on every several minutes when the Tapas staff says no one ever left the table that night comes to mind.

    This is the thread for LISTING THE LIES or the stories that don't wash.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,415
    They lied about how far the restaurant was away from their apartment, they lied about sedating their children, there are so many I cannot process them all but am sure other posters will come up with plenty more.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The Altered State of TropiCalifornia
    Posts
    2,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
    They lied about how far the restaurant was away from their apartment, they lied about sedating their children, there are so many I cannot process them all but am sure other posters will come up with plenty more.
    Shazz, I'm glad you brought this up. I admit coming into this case late. Two quick quistions......Did they sedate the kids? Were the twins tested? Do we know this 4sure? Every media outlet has a different story and it's so confusing. TIA!
    "It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~~ JA






  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,415
    Quote Originally Posted by L L & S View Post
    Shazz, I'm glad you brought this up. I admit coming into this case late. Two quick quistions......Did they sedate the kids? Were the twins tested? Do we know this 4sure? Every media outlet has a different story and it's so confusing. TIA!
    Gerry McCann admitted to sedating the children, I dont think the twins were tested. But the words came out of Gerrys mouth so they must be true.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The Altered State of TropiCalifornia
    Posts
    2,076
    With WHAT did they sedate the kids? Like a shot of Benedryl, or something stronger?
    "It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~~ JA






  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,415
    Quote Originally Posted by L L & S View Post
    With WHAT did they sedate the kids? Like a shot of Benedryl, or something stronger?
    I cant remember the name of the drug, there were also syringes found in the bedside drawers, whether they were used for injecting or easier to put into the mouths of children am not sure how or what they were used for, Im sure the P LE have more info on this that they havent made public.
    Sorry I cant be of more help LL&S.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,135
    The thing that always struck me as a "lie" was the description of the checking of the children, how often and by whom. Check Calikid's timeline and you will see that the version of events we have heard would have the Tapas 9 jumping up and down from the table all evening.

    Wonder how they managed to play a trivia game??


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The Altered State of TropiCalifornia
    Posts
    2,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
    I cant remember the name of the drug, there were also syringes found in the bedside drawers, whether they were used for injecting or easier to put into the mouths of children am not sure how or what they were used for, Im sure the P LE have more info on this that they havent made public.
    Sorry I cant be of more help LL&S.
    Actually you've been very helpful. It's not easy wrapping my brain around the PJ and their procedures vs our procedures. That would be a good thread, but I am NOT the one to start it.

    Peace!
    "It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~~ JA






  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,415
    Quote Originally Posted by L L & S View Post
    Actually you've been very helpful. It's not easy wrapping my brain around the PJ and their procedures vs our procedures. That would be a good thread, but I am NOT the one to start it.

    Peace!
    It is hard to keep up with everything that has and is going on with this case. The Australian procedures would be different again, it could get quite confusing.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,299
    OK, while I dont' think the McCanns killed their kids, if the cadaver dogs alerted in the Praya de la Luz apartment, then they must have left them alone for more than two hours.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,646
    According to family members, they claim the children were given Calpol, a pain reliever.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,415
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    According to family members, they claim the children were given Calpol, a pain reliever.
    Hi CaliKid, do you know if that has to be injected or taken orally. I have never heard of that drug being used here in Australia.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
    Gerry McCann admitted to sedating the children, I dont think the twins were tested. But the words came out of Gerrys mouth so they must be true.
    Didn't he just say that they gave them Calpol? That is not a sedative; it is
    a brand name of paracetamol which is known as acetaminophen in the United States. In other words, it is Tylenol. And I don't mean Tylenol PM either. Here's Calpol's web site:
    http://www.calpol.co.uk/en/latest.asp?section=38&ct=8

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,415
    Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    Didn't he just say that they gave them Calpol? That is not a sedative; it is
    a brand name of paracetamol which is known as acetaminophen in the United States. In other words, it is Tylenol. And I don't mean Tylenol PM either. Here's Calpol's web site:
    http://www.calpol.co.uk/en/latest.asp?section=38&ct=8
    As far as I have read the type of drug given hasnt been confirmed.
    If their children needed any medication for ill health, IMO they should not have the children alone, their actions dont make sense. I know I would not give my children medicine if they were sick and then go out and leave them alone.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,769
    I don't know much about cadaver dogs and what actually leads them to a scent but I'll bet the farm that there is no way in Hades that Maddie's toy had a strange scent on it because of her mother's job. That is ludicrous.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Oregon Cuddle Shop; 60 bucks an hour
    By zwiebel in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2014, 08:40 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 01:46 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 12:04 PM