DNA/Forensic Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

colomom

Inactive
Reaction score
Let's talk about the DNA/blood/forensics in this thread.

Has it been reported anywhere that the luggage was tested?

Not that I have seen. I wish they would. I have often wondered if she was moved in a suitcase and the suitcase returned to the apartment. Perhaps that is where the cadaver scent was originating??

To me, so far, it's the only scenario that works. Where else could they have hidden the body in the time frame of settling the kids to bed and getting ready to meet everyone for dinner? Also, how could someone else in the group NOT see something strange going on with the McCann's during this time? Argg... so many questions.

Cadaver Scent on Kate and the Keys
I have been trying to search some of the internet forensic sources, to find out more about the liklihood of "transferring" a scent of a cadaver. Not having much luck with the specifics. Are we seriously supposed to believe, that:

1. Kate came in contact with a patient that had been dead for X hours (estimate 2 hours).
Hello Kate, care to tell the PJ that patient's name? ;

2. Kate transferred this cadaver scent to her civilian clothes and to that damn stuffed cat (I refuse to call it, cuddle-cat).
Yo Kate, have you heard of infection control? How about cross-contamination of bacteria & viruses from patient to your children? Will someone please do a culture and sensitivity on that disgusting stuffed cat? ;

3. Some weeks later, and presumably, loads of washing later, Kate continues to transfer this cadaver scent to other articles of clothing and/or blankets, personal items, etc. - all/some of which are taken on vacation.
And yes, I am fully aware that cadaver dogs have made successful "hits" on car interiors that were burned out.

Uh huh. Kate's explanation for this particular piece of evidence, is pretty thin to me. That, or Kate is clueless about cross-contamination and laundry.

Cadaver Scent on Kate and the Keys
I have been trying to search some of the internet forensic sources, to find out more about the liklihood of "transferring" a scent of a cadaver. Not having much luck with the specifics. Are we seriously supposed to believe, that:

1. Kate came in contact with a patient that had been dead for X hours (estimate 2 hours).
Hello Kate, care to tell the PJ that patient's name? ;

2. Kate transferred this cadaver scent to her civilian clothes and to that damn stuffed cat (I refuse to call it, cuddle-cat).
Yo Kate, have you heard of infection control? How about cross-contamination of bacteria & viruses from patient to your children? Will someone please do a culture and sensitivity on that disgusting stuffed cat? ;

3. Some weeks later, and presumably, loads of washing later, Kate continues to transfer this cadaver scent to other articles of clothing and/or blankets, personal items, etc. - all/some of which are taken on vacation.
And yes, I am fully aware that cadaver dogs have made successful "hits" on car interiors that were burned out.

Uh huh. Kate's explanation for this particular piece of evidence, is pretty thin to me. That, or Kate is clueless about cross-contamination and laundry.
I believe she is clueless and lying.

Agreed.

I think Kate has the cadaver scent "on" her, because she hugged her daughter, when she realized she died.

Some forensic scientists have begun to question some of the evidence against the couple - supposedly samples of Madeline's blood found in the boot of the car they hired 25 days after the disappearance, and the "death smell" allegedly found on Mrs McCann's belongings by a police sniffer dog.
There is suspicion that tiny DNA samples obtained from the McCanns' apartment - and compared with the blood found in the car boot - could have been contaminated.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/09/nmcann609.xml

Agreed.

I think Kate has the cadaver scent "on" her, because she hugged her daughter, when she realized she died.
Now theres a thought that I never thought of. Good onya BloodshotEye.
That would definitely leave Madelaines scent on her.

I can easily imagine something happening to Madeleine- a tragic accident from overdosing or reacting to a sedative- and Kate just sitting there holding her dead daughter in her arms for who knows how long, stunned over her passing and trying to figure out what to do. The cuddling for the last time would be the maternal thing to do.

I can easily imagine something happening to Madeleine- a tragic accident from overdosing or reacting to a sedative- and Kate just sitting there holding her dead daughter in her arms for who knows how long, stunned over her passing and trying to figure out what to do. The cuddling for the last time would be the maternal thing to do.

I can't even begin to imagine. Chills me to the bone.

Yes, it is chilling. Dosing your daughter with something just so you can go out and have fun without providing a sitter or leaving her crying is monstrous. Causing her death because of an overdose, allergic reaction or accident is tragic, and covering it up is beyond comprehension. But afterwards, when you know it's too late and you can't take any of it back, my maternal instinct (apart from the cover-up) would be to gather up my child in my arms and just sit with her.

I'm not condoning what they did. I'm just saying I think that's one way Kate got the cadaver scent on her.

Yes, it is chilling. Dosing your daughter with something just so you can go out and have fun without providing a sitter or leaving her crying is monstrous. Causing her death because of an overdose, allergic reaction or accident is tragic, and covering it up is beyond comprehension. But afterwards, when you know it's too late and you can't take any of it back, my maternal instinct (apart from the cover-up) would be to gather up my child in my arms and just sit with her.

I'm not condoning what they did. I'm just saying I think that's one way Kate got the cadaver scent on her.

I agree completely.

And Bloodshot Eye, good points about carrying the toy around work with her.

DNA Evidence

"The DNA taken from the boot of the car is reportedly a full match of 99 per cent and it's understood police believe Kate McCann was somehow involved in Madeleine's accidental death and that the pair conspired to cover this up".
ref: http://www2.skynews.com.au/news/article.aspx?id=188964

A lot of us were pondering the question of a report of the DNA test results being inconclusive and below 60 and 70%. Something like that. And now, they are a 99% match. I don't know what to make of this news report. Perhaps, they were reporting preliminary results yesterday. I dont' get it.

A 99% match is a done deal. If they have a 99% Madeleine match in the car, either the parents are done for or the person who was driving the car earlier is.

I am wondering if in the process of collecting evidence, if hair samples of the twins was "inadvertently" obtained and if so, if the presence of sedatives were found? I would think that LI would be very interested in the twins for this reason..

A 99% match is a done deal. If they have a 99% Madeleine match in the car, either the parents are done for or the person who was driving the car earlier is.

How is it a done deal ? It is still very possible for minute fragments of Maddys DNA to be all over the place - especialy on the mothers clothes /belongings etc .

As I said on another thread . If Maddys body had been in the car - we are talking a badly decomposed body - then there would have been a mass of DNA evidence - it would not have been cell fragments that I all I see being talked about at the moment

How is it a done deal ? It is still very possible for minute fragments of Maddys DNA to be all over the place - especialy on the mothers clothes /belongings etc .

As I said on another thread . If Maddys body had been in the car - we are talking a badly decomposed body - then there would have been a mass of DNA evidence - it would not have been cell fragments that I all I see being talked about at the moment

Not if she was contained in something, like a trash bag or box or something.

DNA Evidence

"The DNA taken from the boot of the car is reportedly a full match of 99 per cent and it's understood police believe Kate McCann was somehow involved in Madeleine's accidental death and that the pair conspired to cover this up".
ref: http://www2.skynews.com.au/news/article.aspx?id=188964

A lot of us were pondering the question of a report of the DNA test results being inconclusive and below 60 and 70%. Something like that. And now, they are a 99% match. I don't know what to make of this news report. Perhaps, they were reporting preliminary results yesterday. I dont' get it.

There are two samples being discussed, and the results of the test are checked and more or less, tested again. It is confusing the way the media reports it, and they make it sound like the match is because the test isn't complete, because of the word "preliminary."

It's preliminary only because it hasn't been verified by separate and second testing, but it's not preliminary because it will match more or less later.

I wish the media would make that clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401