711 users online (72 members and 639 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: What Happened?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abduction

25 24.04%
  • Murdered

17 16.35%
  • Accident

61 58.65%
  • Other

1 0.96%

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Poll

Was just curious in a poll sort of way,of what people think happened to Madeleine to cause her to vanish.

I vote accident

Quote Originally Posted by ceeaura View Post
    I vote accident
    I did too ceeaura, as I believe it wasnt premeditated but an accident which is trying to be covered up by the McCanns.

I am leaning towards murder as they were just too cool, if they harmed their daughter accidentally they would have been more distraught!

Accident. I have read the father admitted to sedating the children. (As a doctor he should be ashamed for doing this just to be able to sit around and booze it up every evening. )

I wonder if the sedative killed her, and they knew it would look bad on them, so they covered it up.

JMO IMO MOO

I think it should be charged as murder, b/c a doctor who sedates a child for the pleasure of going out to dinner (just my speculation) surely is aware of the possible outcome. Or, if she were shaken or beaten, then that is murder.

However, I do not think it was premeditated, so I voted "accident." If it were premeditated, I think they would have done a better job of staging the discovery and getting their stories straight about that night. The various versions are due to the short time they had to figure out what to say, and not thinking through all the consequences; i.e. the door being locked vs. unlocked and which would look worse.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by goddess View Post
    Accident. I have read the father admitted to sedating the children. (As a doctor he should be ashamed for doing this just to be able to sit around and booze it up every evening. )

I wonder if the sedative killed her, and they knew it would look bad on them, so they covered it up.

JMO IMO MOO
    Do you really think he would admit to sedating his kids if that what caused her death??? I don't think so. If he shook her to death do you think he would have admitted to shaking her before they left for dinner? It doesn't make sence to confess to sedating if that what caused her demise...especially if she was found and an autopsy could reveal that as the cause of death.

Premeditated all the way in this camp

Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    I am leaning towards murder as they were just too cool, if they harmed their daughter accidentally they would have been more distraught!
    I close to being with you on this. If it was negligent then the accident could and should have been avoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN View Post
    Do you really think he would admit to sedating his kids if that what caused her death??? I don't think so. If he shook her to death do you think he would have admitted to shaking her before they left for dinner? It doesn't make sence to confess to sedating if that what caused her demise...especially if she was found and an autopsy could reveal that as the cause of death.

Premeditated all the way in this camp
    I think he might have admitted to sedating her for one/some/all of the following reasons (or others I haven't thought of):
    • to provide a reason why none of the children would have woken up or struggled during an abduction
    • because the medication or syringe for administering it were found in the room, and he had to explain it's existence
    • in case Madeline's body is found and toxicology reveals that she was sedated with a drug found only in the UK. He could say that he gave her the drug, but the abductor killed her.
    • to explain any odd or guilty behavior on their part, including leaving the children alone, while still claiming innocence in Madeline's death

What do you think?

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    I think he might have admitted to sedating her for one/some/all of the following reasons (or others I haven't thought of):
    • to provide a reason why none of the children would have woken up or struggled during an abduction
    • because the medication or syringe for administering it were found in the room, and he had to explain it's existence
    • in case Madeline's body is found and toxicology reveals that she was sedated with a drug found only in the UK. He could say that he gave her the drug, but the abductor killed her.
    • to explain any odd or guilty behavior on their part, including leaving the children alone, while still claiming innocence in Madeline's death
    What do you think?
    Those are probably good reasons why he would admit to it, especially since they had to explain away the reason for the medication/syringe.

I'm sure they probably did sedate her, right before they killed her. I would love to take a look at her prior medical records.

I voted 'abduction'. I just cannot imagine how they would have gotten rid of the body. Plus, they have not avoided the PJ at all. I am really beginning to believe in their innocence since they 'invited' the press to be at their every turn in their search.
    Above is my opinion only

I vote it was an accident they covered up. The accident was directly related to the parents leaving the children unattended/their evening plans. It was an accident where either Madeleine died from being sedated, or where she fell or did something else in the parents' absence that caused her death.

Not sure it is murder, but it was voluntary manslaughter if they sedated her, and involuntary if she died from being unattended and getting into something.

To be honest, I think it was an accident. But it wouldn't surprise me if it comes out that she was murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    To be honest, I think it was an accident. But it wouldn't surprise me if it comes out that she was murdered.
    This is my line of thinking...

I guess I am in the minority, but I think someone took her - maybe wistful thinking. But the sedation theory is plausable. A friend of mine lost her baby that way when a baby sitter sedated him with Benedryl...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast