Hayden Brown - 9-9-7

LovingTheChaos

Reaction score
ETA - see update, they finally made contact with the mother, Hayden is OK.

I am posting this information for my sister. Hayden is her SO's son. My sister & Hayden's daddy have been caring for Hayden for nearly 2 years now. Before that it was 50/50 with the "mother". I live in Upstate NY, & I am trying to get the facts as accurate as possible from my limited perspective!!

Houston - Texas - Missing 5 Year old boy

Hayden is 5 years old, with blond hair (I am waiting on a photo).

Hayden Brown had a scheduled visitation with his non-custodial mother on Friday Septmember 7, 2007. By Court order, Hayden's mother had visitation every other weekend.
The 'mothers' name is Jennifer Foy, her birthday is 10/9/1971. (ET Correct misspelled name)

On Friday, Jennifer showed up to pick Hayden up at the appointed time with someone Hayden's daddy did not know. The man's name was Rafael (hispanic male). Newer Black Ford F150 - dad got part of the LP , I will post it when I have it.

A little back story (this is all I know from a distance) - Hayden's mom had custody until a a few years ago, when she announced she was dying of cancer. She is an ex-stripper. She is a drug addict. She had different men over every time Hayden's dad went to pick him up. Dad is from the UK, & is a responsible caring father. Hayden was developing at a slower rate, wasn't talking well, & needed to go to a special preschool to get him ready for Kindergarten. When it was apparant that Jennifer was not goign to be able to get him what he needed, they went to court & she agreed to let Hayden's dad take custody.
Hayden is in his second year at the preschool & has thrived since being with is father full time. His 'mother' would disappear for 3 months, 6 months at a time during this period.
Hayden is an incredibly sweet little boy, who had a very rough start. We aren't sure, but we believe he witnessed some pretty bad stuff while living with his mom.

Phone calls to Jennifer's cell phone are going unanswered. It is ringing, but the voice mail is full... She is not staying where he thought she was going to be(she was staying at a woman's house).

The police in Houston have been contacted, but Hayden's father was told that they have to wait 48 hours before he is considered missing!?!?! Anyone know if this can be expideted & through what channels??

He is going to see his lawyer and a family court judge this morning to file (a writ of Habeus Corpus?), I think that is what they called it. He wants to take visitation rights & get full permanent custody (the current custody agreement is up in another year & a half).

ETA - Hayden was due back Sunday at 8:00 PM. Haydens father has already thrown up, we all have a horrible feeling about this. I am 2000 miles away & I feel sick myself.

Any ideas? If nothing else, please pray that Hayden is OK ...

I'd tell him to go back to the police...And remind them of SUZANNE's LAW:

Suzanne's Law
INVESTIGATION OF MISSING PERSONS

This law amends Section 3701(a) of the Crime Control Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. 5779(a)),so that there is not waiting period before a law enforcement agency initiates an investigation of a missing person under the age of 21 and reports the missing person to the National Crime Information Center of the Department of Justice.

My sister just called to say that Hayden is OK - His mother finally called this morning to say she couldn't find a ride & this is why she did not return Hayden last night. (She couldn't call & let him know????) I am hoping his father is still going to take her butt back to family court & remove her visitation & file for permanent custody.

I'd tell him to go back to the police...And remind them of SUZANNE's LAW:

Suzanne's Law
INVESTIGATION OF MISSING PERSONS

This law amends Section 3701(a) of the Crime Control Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. 5779(a)),so that there is not waiting period before a law enforcement agency initiates an investigation of a missing person under the age of 21 and reports the missing person to the National Crime Information Center of the Department of Justice.

Thanks Lisa - I will let my sister know this, although I am really hoping she never has the chance to do this again. I think there is an assumption made by law enforcement that as long as a child is with his mother he is not endangered, & this is simply not the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back