888 users online (131 members and 757 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.

"Damning Proof Found"

London - Portuguese police say they have found firm DNA evidence that the body of Madeleine McCann was in the family's hire car five weeks after she went missing, sources have told Sky News.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/N...180910,00.html

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

So this means that Maddie was absolutely in this rental car. Guaranteed.

Therefore, if the car was rented by the McCann's 5 weeks after she went missing then:

A. She was still alive 5 weeks after the reported abduction (doubtful, very doubtful).

B. Her body was moved in the car 5 weeks after she was reported missing (more likely).

C. Whoever had the car at the time she went missing, had her in the car with them (not as likely).

So, who had the car at the time she went missing?
    What type of DNA are we talking about? Blood? Hair?

Did I miss anything?

Nope, Heather, that about covers it.

Sounds like the McCanns are TOAST.

They all sound so unlikely to me.... Could the DNA be from urine on something she wet previously?

Jdee is offline Sometimes I scream inside my head. I scream for those that can't...
    I have to throw this one out there... Was their car left where anyone could access it? Was it left unlocked? What IF the so called 'kidnapper' got access to it in the dark of night and scattered Madeleine's DNA throughout it?
    Just a thought....

I'm going to throw out something else. I have read unsubstantiated rumors that the car the McCanns used after Madeleine's disappearance was the same car as the one Russell O'Brien and Jane Tanner used when they were in Portugal in May.

Holy crap!

Hold on...

Quote Originally Posted by colomom View Post

Therefore, if the car was rented by the McCann's 5 weeks after she went missing then:

A. She was still alive 5 weeks after the reported abduction (doubtful, very doubtful).

B. Her body was moved in the car 5 weeks after she was reported missing (more likely).

C. Whoever had the car at the time she went missing, had her in the car with them (not as likely).

Did I miss anything?
    Yes, you missed out

D. Madeleine's DNA from before she disappeared was transferred into the hire car on other items - clothing, toys, bags, etc

I don't think it's possible to find DNA evidence that 'proves' Madeleine was in the car. If the DNA definitely came from blood that would be much more significant, but I'm presuming this could be DNA from hair or dead skin. We drop our DNA all over the place every day. We're talking here about what are almost certainly minute traces, if indeed the traces HAVE been found (all rumour, conjecture, nothing confirmed yet). There's therefore a strong likelihood that if minute DNA traces have been found from hair or skin it's probably a result of transference.

Quote Originally Posted by colomom View Post

Did I miss anything?
    I agree, although I'll add "D."

D. Whoever had the car at the time Maddie went missing, either used the car themselves to move her, or loaned the car to someone else to do so.

I want to know what's in the transcripts of the emails and tapped phone calls.
    As I bet we all do.

I'm sure that the PJ have already been to the car rental agency and collected the rental records for the car to see who used it.

Quote Originally Posted by delilah View Post
    Yes, you missed out

D. Madeleine's DNA from before she disappeared was transferred into the hire car on other items - clothing, toys, bags, etc

I don't think it's possible to find DNA evidence that 'proves' Madeleine was in the car. If the DNA definitely came from blood that would be much more significant, but I'm presuming this could be DNA from hair or dead skin. We drop our DNA all over the place every day. We're talking here about what are almost certainly minute traces, if indeed the traces HAVE been found (all rumour, conjecture, nothing confirmed yet). There's therefore a strong likelihood that if minute DNA traces have been found from hair or skin it's probably a result of transference.
    But to make your point even more curious, Kate herself claimed it was impossible for Maddies DNA to be in the car, for the fact that it was hired after the abduction. As a Dr. or even an educated adult in this day and era I find her denials odd.

Quote Originally Posted by delilah View Post
    Yes, you missed out

According to this report:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...283359,00.html

"It shows, as far as they are concerned, the presence of Madeleine's body in the car five weeks after she disappeared."

He continued: "The evidence suggests very strongly that it was not that her DNA had been transferred from clothing or from a cuddly toy.

"The allegation is that the DNA shows a full match of 99%. According to police, it shows the presence of Madeleine's body in the boot of the family's hire car five weeks after she disappeared."

Looks like transferrence is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    But to make your point even more curious, Kate herself claimed it was impossible for Maddies DNA to be in the car, for the fact that it was hired after the abduction. As a Dr. or even an educated adult in this day and era I find her denials odd.
    VERY good point. She was not able to put together a list like mine? Maybe I should be a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Texana View Post
    I agree, although I'll add "D."

D. Whoever had the car at the time Maddie went missing, either used the car themselves to move her, or loaned the car to someone else to do so.
    C. Actually covers that except for the loaning of the car. I think I mentioned that possibility in my timeline theory of the night in question back on the main thread. Cali, where did you see that information about R. O'B and JT having the car? Just curious. I would love to track that down.

Jdee, don't think an abductor would have chosen that particular car(to spread DNA in) unless it was tied to one of the Tapas 9, because if it was not connected to one of them the police would have no reason to search it.

So, either the car was rented by one of the Tapas 7 and they moved her body prior to the McCanns renting it OR the McCanns had access to it prior to the 5 week rental date, perhaps by borrowing it, OR they moved her body 5 weeks after her dissapearance.

Which seems most likely?

**keep in mind, the DNA was in the trunk, that pretty much rules out her being alive 5 weeks later because people probably not move someone in the trunk if they were alive...agreed?**

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast