"Damning Proof Found"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this means that Maddie was absolutely in this rental car. Guaranteed.

Therefore, if the car was rented by the McCann's 5 weeks after she went missing then:

A. She was still alive 5 weeks after the reported abduction (doubtful, very doubtful).

B. Her body was moved in the car 5 weeks after she was reported missing (more likely).

C. Whoever had the car at the time she went missing, had her in the car with them (not as likely).

So, who had the car at the time she went missing?
What type of DNA are we talking about? Blood? Hair?

Did I miss anything?

Nope, Heather, that about covers it.

Sounds like the McCanns are TOAST.

They all sound so unlikely to me.... Could the DNA be from urine on something she wet previously?

I have to throw this one out there... Was their car left where anyone could access it? Was it left unlocked? What IF the so called 'kidnapper' got access to it in the dark of night and scattered Madeleine's DNA throughout it?
Just a thought....

I'm going to throw out something else. I have read unsubstantiated rumors that the car the McCanns used after Madeleine's disappearance was the same car as the one Russell O'Brien and Jane Tanner used when they were in Portugal in May.

Therefore, if the car was rented by the McCann's 5 weeks after she went missing then:

A. She was still alive 5 weeks after the reported abduction (doubtful, very doubtful).

B. Her body was moved in the car 5 weeks after she was reported missing (more likely).

C. Whoever had the car at the time she went missing, had her in the car with them (not as likely).

Did I miss anything?

Yes, you missed out

D. Madeleine's DNA from before she disappeared was transferred into the hire car on other items - clothing, toys, bags, etc

I don't think it's possible to find DNA evidence that 'proves' Madeleine was in the car. If the DNA definitely came from blood that would be much more significant, but I'm presuming this could be DNA from hair or dead skin. We drop our DNA all over the place every day. We're talking here about what are almost certainly minute traces, if indeed the traces HAVE been found (all rumour, conjecture, nothing confirmed yet). There's therefore a strong likelihood that if minute DNA traces have been found from hair or skin it's probably a result of transference.

Did I miss anything?

I agree, although I'll add "D."

D. Whoever had the car at the time Maddie went missing, either used the car themselves to move her, or loaned the car to someone else to do so.

I want to know what's in the transcripts of the emails and tapped phone calls.
As I bet we all do.

I'm sure that the PJ have already been to the car rental agency and collected the rental records for the car to see who used it.

Yes, you missed out

D. Madeleine's DNA from before she disappeared was transferred into the hire car on other items - clothing, toys, bags, etc

I don't think it's possible to find DNA evidence that 'proves' Madeleine was in the car. If the DNA definitely came from blood that would be much more significant, but I'm presuming this could be DNA from hair or dead skin. We drop our DNA all over the place every day. We're talking here about what are almost certainly minute traces, if indeed the traces HAVE been found (all rumour, conjecture, nothing confirmed yet). There's therefore a strong likelihood that if minute DNA traces have been found from hair or skin it's probably a result of transference.

But to make your point even more curious, Kate herself claimed it was impossible for Maddies DNA to be in the car, for the fact that it was hired after the abduction. As a Dr. or even an educated adult in this day and era I find her denials odd.

Yes, you missed out

According to this report:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1283359,00.html

"It shows, as far as they are concerned, the presence of Madeleine's body in the car five weeks after she disappeared."

He continued: "The evidence suggests very strongly that it was not that her DNA had been transferred from clothing or from a cuddly toy.

"The allegation is that the DNA shows a full match of 99%. According to police, it shows the presence of Madeleine's body in the boot of the family's hire car five weeks after she disappeared."

Looks like transferrence is not the case.

But to make your point even more curious, Kate herself claimed it was impossible for Maddies DNA to be in the car, for the fact that it was hired after the abduction. As a Dr. or even an educated adult in this day and era I find her denials odd.

VERY good point. She was not able to put together a list like mine? Maybe I should be a doctor. :rolleyes:

I agree, although I'll add "D."

D. Whoever had the car at the time Maddie went missing, either used the car themselves to move her, or loaned the car to someone else to do so.

C. Actually covers that except for the loaning of the car. I think I mentioned that possibility in my timeline theory of the night in question back on the main thread. Cali, where did you see that information about R. O'B and JT having the car? Just curious. I would love to track that down.

Jdee, don't think an abductor would have chosen that particular car(to spread DNA in) unless it was tied to one of the Tapas 9, because if it was not connected to one of them the police would have no reason to search it.

So, either the car was rented by one of the Tapas 7 and they moved her body prior to the McCanns renting it OR the McCanns had access to it prior to the 5 week rental date, perhaps by borrowing it, OR they moved her body 5 weeks after her dissapearance.

Which seems most likely?

**keep in mind, the DNA was in the trunk, that pretty much rules out her being alive 5 weeks later because people probably not move someone in the trunk if they were alive...agreed?**

No facts, no corroboration, pure innuendo and speculation. Wait for corroborated facts.

OK, I have not really followed this case all that closely until the last week when the allegations against the parents hit the news. I have been really unwilling to believe the parents could be involved. I kept thinking about the Van Dams in San Diego, when their daughter went missing and they were raked over the coals about their swinging lifestyle, etc, and made to look responsible for her disappearance, when in fact their neighbor had abducted, raped and murdered Danielle.

But this news about Maddy's DNA leaves me floored. What kind of freaks would carry the body of their daughter around for weeks after they killed her? How would that work? They were surrounded by people almost all the time after her disappearance - how could they have snuck the body to the car? And do they still have it? It would have been almost impossible to dispose of it after the case went public, there were too many people around them. This is really mind-blowing to me.

What sort of DNA was it that proves she was in that trunk of that car? Couldn't just her DNA have been in there without her body actually being in there?

But this news about Maddy's DNA leaves me floored. What kind of freaks would carry the body of their daughter around for weeks after they killed her? How would that work? They were surrounded by people almost all the time after her disappearance - how could they have snuck the body to the car? And do they still have it? It would have been almost impossible to dispose of it after the case went public, there were too many people around them. This is really mind-blowing to me.

Ditto. The thought of the McCann's toting their departed daughter's cadaver around for 5 weeks, then putting her in the trunk of a rental car makes me want to throw up. Seriously. If indeed Maddie's poor body was in there DURING the 5 weeks before the McCann's had it, I would speculate that one of the Tapa's group had to have rented it before the McCann's.

But seriously, she was SOMEWHERE during those 5 weeks the McCann's were jet-setting around the globe, and that is a horrible thought. Where is she now?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong