1021 users online (190 members and 831 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

maddie's mom charged with her death?

is anyone else hearing this on the news

Are you in the UK kelly london? Which news source?

Portuguese Cops Preparing Case Against Parents of Madeleine McCann

Portuguese detectives believe they have collected enough evidence for Kate McCann, the mother of missing 4-year-old Madeleine McCann, to be charged with homicide for failing to prevent her child's death, the Times of London reported Monday. The charge is equivalent to manslaughter in British law. She would also face a charge of concealing Madeleine’s body.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296186,00.html

Thanks bakerprune64....

I have seen the reports of preparations being made but I was under the impression that they could only actually be charged once they were in front of a judge in Portugal....

Jdee is offline Sometimes I scream inside my head. I scream for those that can't...
    well we've been predicting since Sunday they would be called back before the end of the week... Time will tell.

I already posted this in two places, but I think it's important.

http://translate.google.com/translat...&hl=en&ie=UTF8

SOSMaddie probably won't have this posted tomorrow (no embedded links) so I'm going to post/translate here what it says for today:

Friends of McCanns Refuse to Travel to Portugual

A source close to the investigation claims that four of the seven friends who were in Praia da Luz on May 3 and took part in the dinner at the Tapas Bar Restaurant refused to travel to Portugal and be questioned by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
    ------------------------

I imagine this is probably Russell O'Brien and Jane Tanner, but I don't know if the other two would be Rachael Oldfield and Fiona Payne or Rachael and Mathew Oldfield.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    I already posted this in two places, but I think it's important.

http://translate.google.com/translat...&hl=en&ie=UTF8

SOSMaddie probably won't have this posted tomorrow (no embedded links) so I'm going to post/translate here what it says for today:

Friends of McCanns Refuse to Travel to Portugual

A source close to the investigation claims that four of the seven friends who were in Praia da Luz on May 3 and took part in the dinner at the Tapas Bar Restaurant refused to travel to Portugal and be questioned by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
    ------------------------

I imagine this is probably Russell O'Brien and Jane Tanner, but I don't know if the other two would be Rachael Oldfield and Fiona Payne or Rachael and Mathew Oldfield.
    Gee, I wonder why that could be? Could they be standing up for the McCanns or covering their own collective bootays? Or both? Can they be compelled to travel to PT or be held in contempt?

Jdee is offline Sometimes I scream inside my head. I scream for those that can't...
    Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh View Post
    Gee, I wonder why that could be? Could they be standing up for the McCanns or covering their own collective bootays? Or both? Can they be compelled to travel to PT or be held in contempt?
    Me thinka "covering their own collective bootays"...

I thought some of the news reports said that if they didn't come to Portugal to be questioned, the PJ or representatives would question them at home in Great Britain...

Gosh, let's hope they will be somehow, somewhere be questioned. I think they have a lot of explaining to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdee View Post
    Me thinka "covering their own collective bootays"...
    ROTFLMAO Jdee...

Me too!!!

PJ Road trip...

I would think that without a body, you would need some very STRONG evidence to charge someone with murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwards20 View Post
    I would think that without a body, you would need some very STRONG evidence to charge someone with murder.
    Tis true, but it's happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    Tis true, but it's happened before.
    I concur. That's why I am anxious to hear something "official" from LE, before I can buy into any of these theories.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast