1021 users online (190 members and 831 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    512

    maddie's mom charged with her death?

    is anyone else hearing this on the news

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,135
    Are you in the UK kelly london? Which news source?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,116
    Portuguese Cops Preparing Case Against Parents of Madeleine McCann

    Portuguese detectives believe they have collected enough evidence for Kate McCann, the mother of missing 4-year-old Madeleine McCann, to be charged with homicide for failing to prevent her child's death, the Times of London reported Monday. The charge is equivalent to manslaughter in British law. She would also face a charge of concealing Madeleine’s body.

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296186,00.html

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,135
    Thanks bakerprune64....

    I have seen the reports of preparations being made but I was under the impression that they could only actually be charged once they were in front of a judge in Portugal....

  5. #5
    Jdee is offline Sometimes I scream inside my head. I scream for those that can't...
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    433
    well we've been predicting since Sunday they would be called back before the end of the week... Time will tell.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,646
    I already posted this in two places, but I think it's important.

    http://translate.google.com/translat...&hl=en&ie=UTF8

    SOSMaddie probably won't have this posted tomorrow (no embedded links) so I'm going to post/translate here what it says for today:

    Friends of McCanns Refuse to Travel to Portugual

    A source close to the investigation claims that four of the seven friends who were in Praia da Luz on May 3 and took part in the dinner at the Tapas Bar Restaurant refused to travel to Portugal and be questioned by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
    ------------------------

    I imagine this is probably Russell O'Brien and Jane Tanner, but I don't know if the other two would be Rachael Oldfield and Fiona Payne or Rachael and Mathew Oldfield.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,118
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    I already posted this in two places, but I think it's important.

    http://translate.google.com/translat...&hl=en&ie=UTF8

    SOSMaddie probably won't have this posted tomorrow (no embedded links) so I'm going to post/translate here what it says for today:

    Friends of McCanns Refuse to Travel to Portugual

    A source close to the investigation claims that four of the seven friends who were in Praia da Luz on May 3 and took part in the dinner at the Tapas Bar Restaurant refused to travel to Portugal and be questioned by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
    ------------------------

    I imagine this is probably Russell O'Brien and Jane Tanner, but I don't know if the other two would be Rachael Oldfield and Fiona Payne or Rachael and Mathew Oldfield.
    Gee, I wonder why that could be? Could they be standing up for the McCanns or covering their own collective bootays? Or both? Can they be compelled to travel to PT or be held in contempt?

  8. #8
    Jdee is offline Sometimes I scream inside my head. I scream for those that can't...
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh View Post
    Gee, I wonder why that could be? Could they be standing up for the McCanns or covering their own collective bootays? Or both? Can they be compelled to travel to PT or be held in contempt?
    Me thinka "covering their own collective bootays"...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,293
    I thought some of the news reports said that if they didn't come to Portugal to be questioned, the PJ or representatives would question them at home in Great Britain...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,450
    Gosh, let's hope they will be somehow, somewhere be questioned. I think they have a lot of explaining to do.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdee View Post
    Me thinka "covering their own collective bootays"...
    ROTFLMAO Jdee...

    Me too!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    628
    PJ Road trip...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northwest, Georgia
    Posts
    190
    I would think that without a body, you would need some very STRONG evidence to charge someone with murder.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwards20 View Post
    I would think that without a body, you would need some very STRONG evidence to charge someone with murder.
    Tis true, but it's happened before.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northwest, Georgia
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    Tis true, but it's happened before.
    I concur. That's why I am anxious to hear something "official" from LE, before I can buy into any of these theories.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. There's A Book Coming Out About Maddie
    By White Rain in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 11:23 AM
  2. New Sketch of Maddie Abductor
    By colomom in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 01:22 PM
  3. Will Maddie ever be found?
    By nicola in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 09:56 PM
  4. PICTURE!!!!! Is it Maddie???
    By colomom in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 10:56 AM