maddie's mom charged with her death?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portuguese Cops Preparing Case Against Parents of Madeleine McCann

Portuguese detectives believe they have collected enough evidence for Kate McCann, the mother of missing 4-year-old Madeleine McCann, to be charged with homicide for failing to prevent her child's death, the Times of London reported Monday. The charge is equivalent to manslaughter in British law. She would also face a charge of concealing Madeleine’s body.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296186,00.html

Thanks bakerprune64....

I have seen the reports of preparations being made but I was under the impression that they could only actually be charged once they were in front of a judge in Portugal....

well we've been predicting since Sunday they would be called back before the end of the week... Time will tell.

I already posted this in two places, but I think it's important.

http://translate.google.com/transla...ddie.dhblogs.be/&langpair=fr|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

SOSMaddie probably won't have this posted tomorrow (no embedded links) so I'm going to post/translate here what it says for today:

Friends of McCanns Refuse to Travel to Portugual

A source close to the investigation claims that four of the seven friends who were in Praia da Luz on May 3 and took part in the dinner at the Tapas Bar Restaurant refused to travel to Portugal and be questioned by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
------------------------

I imagine this is probably Russell O'Brien and Jane Tanner, but I don't know if the other two would be Rachael Oldfield and Fiona Payne or Rachael and Mathew Oldfield.

I already posted this in two places, but I think it's important.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://sosmaddie.dhblogs.be/&langpair=fr|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

SOSMaddie probably won't have this posted tomorrow (no embedded links) so I'm going to post/translate here what it says for today:

Friends of McCanns Refuse to Travel to Portugual

A source close to the investigation claims that four of the seven friends who were in Praia da Luz on May 3 and took part in the dinner at the Tapas Bar Restaurant refused to travel to Portugal and be questioned by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
------------------------

I imagine this is probably Russell O'Brien and Jane Tanner, but I don't know if the other two would be Rachael Oldfield and Fiona Payne or Rachael and Mathew Oldfield.

Gee, I wonder why that could be? Could they be standing up for the McCanns or covering their own collective bootays? Or both? Can they be compelled to travel to PT or be held in contempt?

Gee, I wonder why that could be? Could they be standing up for the McCanns or covering their own collective bootays? Or both? Can they be compelled to travel to PT or be held in contempt?

Me thinka "covering their own collective bootays"...:cool:

I thought some of the news reports said that if they didn't come to Portugal to be questioned, the PJ or representatives would question them at home in Great Britain...

Gosh, let's hope they will be somehow, somewhere be questioned. I think they have a lot of explaining to do.

I would think that without a body, you would need some very STRONG evidence to charge someone with murder.

I'm right behind you Edwards20. I'm not ready to crucify the McCann's yet.

i was on the telephone and heard this on MSNBC....maybe i misheard the part about PREPARING the case, therefore, maybe i should close this thread

I'm right behind you Edwards20. I'm not ready to crucify the McCann's yet.
Perhaps it is because I work for a media outlet, perhaps it is because I have a 5 year old daughter. Perhaps it is because I believe in "innocent until proven guilty". I am not convinced they are guilty any more than I am convinced they are not. All of the speculation is incomprehensible, yet not impossible. I know this is a sleuthing website ... and once you know the truth there is nothing to sleuth. Again ... it's all just real incomprehensible to me at the moment.

Perhaps it is because I work for a media outlet, perhaps it is because I have a 5 year old daughter. Perhaps it is because I believe in "innocent until proven guilty". I am not convinced they are guilty any more than I am convinced they are not. All of the speculation is incomprehensible, yet not impossible. I know this is a sleuthing website ... and once you know the truth there is nothing to sleuth. Again ... it's all just real incomprehensible to me at the moment.

Edwards20,
I feel lucky to have someone from a media outlet posting here. ;)
I can't say that I'm like you because I don't always believe in innocent until proven guilty, but I do agree with you about this case.

And I say - you gotta keep sleuthin' because you may be wrong and its less embrassing to be wrong if you can say you're sorry before everyone else knows your wrong :)

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member