Madeleine McCann DNA accurate match

Status
Not open for further replies.

poco

Reaction score
Sources close to the case said the traces - understood to be blood - were being treated by Portuguese detectives as strong evidence that Madeleine died in the apartment before her body was placed in the car.

Madeleine McCann went missing four months ago
Police in the Algarve apparently now believe they have enough evidence to charge her parents, Kate and Gerry, with "accidentally" killing the four-year-old and hiding her body. A file on the case will today be sent to a prosecutor who could order the couple to return to Portugal to face charges this week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/10/wmaddy111.xml

Sources close to the case said the traces - understood to be blood - were being treated by Portuguese detectives as strong evidence that Madeleine died in the apartment before her body was placed in the car.

Madeleine McCann went missing four months ago
Police in the Algarve apparently now believe they have enough evidence to charge her parents, Kate and Gerry, with "accidentally" killing the four-year-old and hiding her body. A file on the case will today be sent to a prosecutor who could order the couple to return to Portugal to face charges this week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/10/wmaddy111.xml

THREE DNA MATCHES:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=65542&in_page_id=34

But last night it was claimed that forensic tests have found three DNA matches to the missing girl.

One came from the window sill of the family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz and two from the Renault Scenic car the McCanns hired 25 days after the girl disappeared.

I am so confused about this case. The DNA that is being reported in today's UK newspapers, is this different DNA than what's been discussed before?

WHY do the police think Maddie was accidentally killed?

POCO:
Do you want me to erase my post? Sorry if I interfered with your thread.;0

So far I've seen nothing but newspaper reports and "confidental reports" that say the McCanns are guilty. The DNA sure as hell, according to the above-named sources, doesn't prove anything.

If LE in Portugal are so up on this case, why don't THEY come out and say they have a 99% match? Because they CAN'T?

I'm sick of the leaks or lies, whichever, from Portugal. Put up the FACTS, or shut up.

So far I've seen nothing but newspaper reports and "confidental reports" that say the McCanns are guilty. The DNA sure as hell, according to the above-named sources, doesn't prove anything.

If LE in Portugal are so up on this case, why don't THEY come out and say they have a 99% match? Because they CAN'T?

I'm sick of the leaks or lies, whichever, from Portugal. Put up the FACTS, or shut up.

Face it...they had something to do with Madeleine's disappearance. I don't know why it's so difficult to understand.

DITTO AfterMidnight! :clap::clap:

Face it...they had something to do with Madeleine's disappearance. I don't know why it's so difficult to understand.

Dear englishleigh, the thing is we don't know that though. EVERYTHING so far has been speculative at best and rumor at worst.

Actually they simply report what they know, or believe they know. The LE in Portugal does not discuss the matter openly thats why its up to us to take what we read with an open mind and try to discipher the information.

Why do you insist the leaks are lies?

Dear englishleigh, the thing is we don't know that though. EVERYTHING so far has been speculative at best and rumor at worst.

I agree! I have always been very skeptical of the McCann's story and lean towards they are involved but so far I know of nothing beyond specualtion and rumor.
And I voted they are involved in my poll because I feel that way but I don't know anything.

Yes, so let me edit that to say, IF all we are hearing is the truth, then they HAD to have had something to do with it, or they are being framed by someone close to them, like some of the people they were with...

I agree! I have always been very skeptical of the McCann's story and lean towards they are invovled but so far I know of nothing beyond specualtion and rumor.
And I voted they are involved in my poll because I feel that way but I don't know anything.

I'm with you mic730.:blowkiss:

First of all, hello everyone this is my first post here but I've been reading them for a while.
Martin Brunt reported on Sky news that a sample of DNA taken from the car was an exact match for Madeine.
Since then it is reported in Gazeta Digital that no such information was given to Martin brunt and that it is a complete fabrication.
So what is going on here? have they deliberately given false information to Martin brunt in order to discredit him? or are they annoyed that he named his source when they keep breaking there own secrecy laws by these constant leaks to the press?

Yes, so let me edit that to say, IF all we are hearing is the truth, then they HAD to have had something to do with it, or they are being framed by someone close to them, like some of the people they were with...
I agree with you there hon! ;)

First of all, hello everyone this is my first post here but I've been reading them for a while.
Martin Brunt reported on Sky news that a sample of DNA taken from the car was an exact match for Madeine.
Since then it is reported in Gazeta Digital that no such information was given to Martin brunt and that it is a complete fabrication.
So what is going on here? have they deliberately given false information to Martin brunt in order to discredit him? or are they annoyed that he named his source when they keep breaking there own secrecy laws by these constant leaks to the press?

Hi happyanne and welcome!
I'm not so sure it's false information or maybe wild speculation. I wish the PJ would hold a news conference and tell us what is what.

Welcome to WS! Happy you are posting.
I think this is like all high profile caes - info can be sensational, leave you on the edge of your seat and then be somewhat true, not true at all, planted by LE or totally been through the press corp. After following the Natalee Holloway case I am sadly all to used to this.

Welcome to WS! Happy you are posting.
I think this is like all high profile caes - info can be sensational, leave you on the edge of your seat and then be somewhat true, not true at all, planted by LE or totally been through the press corp. After following the Natalee Holloway case I am sadly all to used to this.

That is so true. Did we ever get that with Natalie's case!

One thing to consider folks....the Portuguese police are operating under strict secrecy laws and could get in alot of trouble with the Magistrate if they talk about details on a case, especially those such as these.

Therefore, the PJ can release information in only one way...leaks.

These leaks will help them to gauge a response. I believe that this is a actual tactic that the PJ use.

Does that change the way you see the "reports"?

Well a statement from mr De Souza says that he spoke to martin B at 7pm but at no time did he ask about DNA and that the fact that he was told this is fa;se and that no such evidence exists. This was an official statement from the PJ.
Someones lying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members