761 users online (99 members and 662 guests)  

Websleuths News

Go Grandpa!!

BAY SHORE, N.Y. - A tire iron-wielding man who police said was looking to mug a senior citizen probably thought he had found an easy target — that is, until the 74-year-old fought back.

The mugger demanded Ferraro hand over his wallet, calling the Bay Shore resident an "old man" and threatening to hit him with the tire iron, Groneman said.

Instead, Ferraro grabbed the bar and the two fought, until the septaugenarian managed to snatch away the tire iron, police said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070910/...U8CQHS8M_tiBIF

Ok who uses the term septuagenarian in a newspaper article and they spelled it wrong

I love it when the tables turn!

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn2004 View Post
    BAY SHORE, N.Y. - A tire iron-wielding man who police said was looking to mug a senior citizen probably thought he had found an easy target that is, until the 74-year-old fought back.

The mugger demanded Ferraro hand over his wallet, calling the Bay Shore resident an "old man" and threatening to hit him with the tire iron, Groneman said.

Instead, Ferraro grabbed the bar and the two fought, until the septaugenarian managed to snatch away the tire iron, police said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070910/...U8CQHS8M_tiBIF

Ok who uses the term septuagenarian in a newspaper article and they spelled it wrong
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Woohoo!!!! That is what I call "stamina"! LOL WTG, Grandpa! I hear the 70s ARE the new 50s!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.