1465 users online (330 members and 1135 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

WV - 6 Arrested in West Virginia After Woman Abused, Held Captive in House for a Week

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296346,00.html
    LOGAN, W.Va. A woman was sexually abused, beaten and humiliated while being held captive in a home for at least a week, sheriff's officials said Monday after making six arrests and calling the FBI to investigate it as a possible hate crime.
    Those arrested, including a mother and son and a mother and daughter, are white. The victim, a Charleston woman who was being treated at a hospital Monday, is black.
    "The things that were done to this woman are just indescribable," Logan County sheriff's Sgt. Sonya Porter said.
    Deputies found the 23-year-old victim Saturday after going to the home in Big Creek, about 35 miles southwest of Charleston, to investigate an anonymous tip. One of the suspects, Frankie Brewster, was sitting on the front porch and told deputies she was alone, but moments later the victim limped toward the door, her arms outstretched, saying "help me," the sheriff's department said in a news release.
    Besides being sexually assaulted, the victim was stabbed four times in the left leg and beaten, Porter said. Both of her eyes were black and blue. Deputies said the woman's wounds were inflicted at least a week ago.
    During her capture, the victim was forced to eat rat and dog feces and drink from the toilet, according to the criminal complaint filed in magistrate court. The woman also was choked with a cable cord and her hair cut, it alleges.
    /**/
    One of those arrested, Karen Burton, is accused of cutting the woman's ankle with a knife. She used the N-word in telling the woman she was victimized because she is black, according to the criminal complaint.
    Deputies say the woman was also doused with hot water while being sexually assaulted.
    ============
    more @ link.

This story just made me ill! What sorry,sick, low lifes could treat another human being so awful? For so many to be involved! Evil at its worst!!!!
    The women who helped are sorry excuses of human beings. Simply awful!!

How awful. All the arrested should have the same done to them, and the same things fed to them.

A mother and son???

I wonder who called anonymously, but thank God for them.

OMG- how can someone do that?! It just makes me sick and pi$$es me off at the same time.
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164

The whole article I was wondering why the races of those involved were even mentioned - until the victim was quoted as saying they told her it was due to her race. That's just sick and twisted in SO many ways.

I can almost see it if she had murdered their child, but there is no other transgression I can justify torturing someone over.

Certainly not something so normal as just being born.

You can't live forever being tortured. I'm glad they found her in time - otherwise she could have been burried, listed as missing forever and they'd find another human being to take out their twisted hate on.

Okay, I've had a minute to think - I believe her that they TOLD her it was because she was black.... but I don't think it was because she was black. The original idea was conceived by someone with a chemical imbalance - a messed up in the head, hateful and twisted person... and then you have the "mob" mentality of the rest of them. The ones that jump on the bandwagon of others just because it's there and they feel part of something bigger than themselves. I think telling her it was because she was black was part of the torture, since that meant she couldn't do anything to change things. They got her because they could. They made her powerless and week to feel powerful and strong. They are dangerous and horrific people who shouldn't be allowed out - but I don't think it's all about race.

Think about this - there are race gangs of every color, and they all kill others of the other races. They don't torture them for weeks and make them eat gross things... they stab, burn, beat, shoot or drag them in ONE incident of hate. These people weren't about racial hate. They were about something else entirely. The thrill was the torture and the power over a human being as a group - not about each person's individual hate over a color. That's my belief.

HOWEVER, you get stiffer penalties if it's a hate crime - so I say let the prosecution run with the racial statement!
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Angry

This has to be one of the sickest things I've ever read. I hope the victim is able to find professional help to overcome this dispicable crime. No one! No one should ever be treated the way she was treated.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat1 View Post
    This has to be one of the sickest things I've ever read. I hope the victim is able to find professional help to overcome this dispicable crime. No one! No one should ever be treated the way she was treated.
    no one! ...except John Couey.

I am sad to say that I'm a West Virginian today. However, the culture in the southern coal fields (where this happened) is completely different - it's rough. And, by coal fields, I am not saying coal miners, just the area down there.

There used to be a joke around that when someone became a state trooper in WV, he was sent to Logan or Mingo or a nearby county, and if he could handle that, he was ready.

This is a sad, disgusting story. Thankfully, this Logan County white trash does not represent the majority of our beautiful state.

PS Sorry if I've offended anyone from that area, but that's my opinion on it!!

This is terrible! I hope they look into missing persons that these people could of been involved in abducting.

My mind went right to Monica Bowie when I heard this on the news this, my heart sank! I am so sad for this woman...how in God's name can people do these types of things to other people, HOW????

What about the culture is different as it applies to this story? I'm curious. Is it that they are often twisted and sick like this, or more racial violence... anything you can share that would shed some light on this story for us?

Quote Originally Posted by LisainWV View Post
    I am sad to say that I'm a West Virginian today. However, the culture in the southern coal fields (where this happened) is completely different - it's rough. And, by coal fields, I am not saying coal miners, just the area down there.

There used to be a joke around that when someone became a state trooper in WV, he was sent to Logan or Mingo or a nearby county, and if he could handle that, he was ready.

This is a sad, disgusting story. Thankfully, this Logan County white trash does not represent the majority of our beautiful state.

PS Sorry if I've offended anyone from that area, but that's my opinion on it!!

Those people...man. Sick. Was going to say they deserved something awful but I don't think I'd wish that sort of pain inflicted on anyone, even those that deserve it.

What sick disgusting people. I just can't believe sometimes how evil people can be to another human being. I just don't know what to say.

These people are just sick and disgusting. I'm so glad the poor victim was found in time. I can't get over that one of the suspects was sitting on the porch like nothing was going on when the cops rolled up.

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    What about the culture is different as it applies to this story? I'm curious. Is it that they are often twisted and sick like this, or more racial violence... anything you can share that would shed some light on this story for us?
    Here is a link to a story with the pictures of these fine examples of human scum:

http://tinyurl.com/2mawtv

I think the thing that is different about the culture "there" is something that can be found in far too many of our communities now: drugs. When you look at these people you have to see the effect of methamphetamines. Most of you probably have this link already, but if not, take a look at the Faces of Meth link that shows people before and after methamphetamine addiciton. Rots your soul, and steals everything human about you. The combination of people living in an environment that has few opportunities for advancement, lack of education and exposure to the "outside" world, and drugs leads to a festering swamp of hatred for many things. It will be interesting to hear how this lady ended up encountering these monsters. Here is the link to the Faces of Meth site. I am continually amazed that people would volunteer to take this drug.
    http://tinyurl.com/csoep

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast