GA - Charles Collins, 38, stabbed to death, Douglas, 4 Nov 2006

sherri79

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/091107/geo_198548073.shtml

A Coffee County woman who stabbed her boyfriend to death in front of a 5-year-old boy during a dispute over whether to buy liquor or crack cocaine has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Gloria Jean Henry, 47, of Douglas, pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter Monday in the Nov. 4 killing of Charles Collins, 38, also of Douglas, at their home.
Henry made the plea agreement just before jury selection was scheduled to begin for her trial on a murder charge in the case. Voluntary manslaughter is a lesser included offense of murder, meaning a jury would have had the option of choosing it as a verdict.
District Attorney Rick Currie accepted the agreement after Collins' parents agreed to it.
Upon her release from prison, Henry will be on probation for five years, according to the sentence imposed by Superior Court Judge Michael Boggs.
Henry stabbed Collins in the throat with a kitchen paring knife while they were arguing about whether to buy crack cocaine or liquor, a Coffee County Sheriff's Office investigation revealed.
Collins' great-nephew, then 5, witnessed the killing but was not injured, Currie said.
Henry and the boy, whose name was withheld by authorities because of his age, gave the following account of the stabbing to detectives, according to the investigation. The couple had spent most of the day drinking liquor and smoking crack cocaine. Collins wanted money to buy more liquor, while Henry wanted to spend it on more crack. The couple began arguing and the boy yelled at them to stop.

That poor little boy!! I'm glad he wasn't hurt and has a chance at a better life now!

Too bad they didn't discuss whether or not to purchase any drugs prior to taking them. Perhaps they'd have spent the money on taking the little boy to the zoo instead. :banghead: I hate drugs.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/091107/geo_198548073.shtml

A Coffee County woman who stabbed her boyfriend to death in front of a 5-year-old boy during a dispute over whether to buy liquor or crack cocaine has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Gloria Jean Henry, 47, of Douglas, pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter Monday in the Nov. 4 killing of Charles Collins, 38, also of Douglas, at their home.
Henry made the plea agreement just before jury selection was scheduled to begin for her trial on a murder charge in the case. Voluntary manslaughter is a lesser included offense of murder, meaning a jury would have had the option of choosing it as a verdict.
District Attorney Rick Currie accepted the agreement after Collins' parents agreed to it.
Upon her release from prison, Henry will be on probation for five years, according to the sentence imposed by Superior Court Judge Michael Boggs.
Henry stabbed Collins in the throat with a kitchen paring knife while they were arguing about whether to buy crack cocaine or liquor, a Coffee County Sheriff's Office investigation revealed.
Collins' great-nephew, then 5, witnessed the killing but was not injured, Currie said.
Henry and the boy, whose name was withheld by authorities because of his age, gave the following account of the stabbing to detectives, according to the investigation. The couple had spent most of the day drinking liquor and smoking crack cocaine. Collins wanted money to buy more liquor, while Henry wanted to spend it on more crack. The couple began arguing and the boy yelled at them to stop.

Too bad they didn't discuss whether or not to purchase any drugs prior to taking them. Perhaps they'd have spent the money on taking the little boy to the zoo instead. :banghead: I hate drugs.

Yeah...no kidding. Should I drive into a train or jump off a bridge? I really hate anyone who would involve a child in this.

Eve

Yeah...no kidding. Should I drive into a train or jump off a bridge? I really hate anyone who would involve a child in this.

Eve

I just hate the drugs. I'm still raw from yet ANOTHER friend of mine lost to cocaine. He recently went to Mexico and got all into cocaine and ruined his family life and himself. Then he sent me an email asking for money. Another friend is in prison for being stupid - but indirectly it was due to his cocaine use in the past.

I hate cocaine. THANKFULLY, my daughter knows that I've known these people for 10+ years each and knows what caused their downfall. I hope it's a lesson she won't forget.

These two people had hearts of gold. Cocaine makes them animals. So, I don't hate the people, I hate the drug.

That little boy was a great nephew of the man who was murdered. I'm wondering why that little boy was at their house in the first place. The family must have known how into drugs and alcohol he was. Why would the mother of that little boy leave him with a known drug addict? They had been using all day for pity sake! I wonder if the mother is into drugs too? I feel so bad for the little guy. He will probably have nightmares for years to come.

I hate drugs too. I know a lot of good people that are tangled up in that life style.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back