1143 users online (176 members and 967 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

MN - Megan Anderson, 20, found murdered, Eveleth, 29 Aug 2007

She was alone in the building where she worked while others were gone to work. Someone came in and raped and killed her.

Eveleth slaying victim was from Cook

Megan Ashley Anderson wasn’t the type of woman anyone would want to harm, friends said. As a youth she attended flower-arranging and tap-dance classes and worked in a local grocery store. More recently, she graduated from graphic arts school. Anderson, 20, of Cook was identified Thursday as the victim of an apparent homicide in an Eveleth business. Anderson was found dead about 1 p.m. Wednesday on the floor of Durkee Signs & Graphics by the owner of the ...

Word Count: 372

This article is past the free archive period.
    Purchase this article for $2.95

https://secure.forumcomm.com/duluth/...11c0e8a1c4483b

From above link before it was archived:
    Investigators are looking for information on a male salesperson said to have been selling children’s books and cutting boards in the area near the business.

Authorities are looking for a 5-foot-10 to 6-foot-2 white male with short, dark-colored hair described as a “grown-out buzz cut.” He was said to be wearing light-colored clothing and in the area between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.

A white male and female who were near a camper adjacent to the building about 11:30 a.m. also are being sought.

Arrest made in Anderson murder case

EVELETH — An adult male was arrested at approximately 8:42 p.m. Monday in the murder of Megan Ashley Anderson, Eveleth Police Chief Brian Lillis said.

The man was arrested in Two Harbors by a special agent of the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and Eveleth police officers, Lillis said in a statement.

The announcement was received after midnight at the Mesabi Daily News, after the Tuesday edition had gone to press.

and

A news conference with more details will be held at 1 p.m. today in the City Council Chambers at Eveleth City Hall, 413 Pierce St., Eveleth.

http://www.virginiamn.com/mdn/?secti...tory_id=210383
    Last edited by SewingDeb; 09-12-2007 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Add link

Two Harbors salesman arrested in slaying of Cook woman

EVELETH, Minn. (AP) Prosecutors plan to file second-degree murder charges today against a 28-year-old salesman from Two Harbors in the killing of a Cook woman who was stabbed to death at the sign company where she worked.

Eveleth Police Chief Brian Lillis says the suspect continued selling children's books and cutting boards in the Gilbert and Eveleth area even after 20-year-old Megan Ashley Anderson was killed around midday August 29th.

http://www.kxmb.com/News/161227.asp

What a cold blooded killer. He was able to continue working after this, IMO he's probably done similar crimes before if he could act so normal afterwards.

VB

That's what I'm thinking, Vegas Bride. He didn't even know her...he probably has done these things before. I hope they are checking his whereabouts against other crimes.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/art...3&section=News

Jesaiah Lee Carlson is being held in the St. Louis County Jail, Eveleth Police Chief Brian Lillis said. He said the suspect is scheduled to be formally charged during an arraignment Wednesday in the St. Louis County Courthouse in Virginia.

The victim, Megan Ashley Anderson, 20, of Cook, was found dead at about 1 p.m. Aug. 29 on the floor of Durkee Signs & Graphics in Eveleth, where she worked since July. Anderson had been stabbed multiple times.

Her death resulted in a massive investigation involving multiple police agencies.

and

A search of court records found 10 criminal cases against Carlson in Lake and St. Louis counties since 1999, including a 1999 case of theft and trespassing and two cases of theft in 2000. The other cases were traffic related.

Authorities are still investigating Anderson’s death and have asked for the public’s help in locating find items considered important to the investigation. Those items include a pink Motorola Razr cell phone, a man’s full-length necktie and a folding knife.

I just reread my first post and I should have said she was alone in the building while others were at lunch. Sorry y'all.

This is really scary. I hope they have the right guy because I don't think most killers would be able to continue working after something like this.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    I have to tell you about a very scary thing that happened to me at my old company a few years ago. I worked for a large company in Newport Beach on a campus that was mostly occupied by the company I worked for. The group that I was in was in a building that was occupied by other tenants, therefore you didn't have to be an employee of my company to enter the building. I worked on the 5th floor and everyone in my office had gone to lunch. I heard the door open and thought that someone had just come back from lunch and paid no attention to it. My back faced the door and I faced the window but when I looked up, I could see the reflection of a guy standing in my office. I turned around and he said that he was looking for "Fred" or something. I told him he was in the wrong office and I walked towards him to walk him out. He was insisting that "Fred" worked in this office, on this floor, in my exact spot. He was selling books and food storage containers. I told him that no Fred worked there in the last 4 years and that he was mistaken. Then he told me that "Fred" had ordered all of this stuff from him and he needed to deliver it. He would not walk out of my office. I started to panic a bit, then he said "Hey, I can sell you this stuff for half the price I was going to sell it to Fred for, it's in my car". I told him that we didn't allow soliciting in our office. He then tried to get me to go to his car/van to buy it, that way I wouldn't get in trouble. Finally, I heard some friendly voices walk into our office. The guy got a little aggitated and left.

I thought, maybe I'm over-reacting, but when I read stuff like this, I know that I wasn't.

This guy was awfully brazen to walk into her work, rape and murder her in broad daylight. He either just doesn't care or he's done this before and got away with it, getting too cocky. I wonder if his dna will match up with any other cases.

Wow, KrisNine,
    How scary!!
    Always trust your gut instinct. I'm glad you were okay.

I'm with y'all, Vegas and SewingDeb - there's NO way he's a first-timer. I bet he had this type of job so he could troll for unsuspecting women in vulnerable places.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

KrisNine,

No, you weren't over-reacting. It sounds like this guy's MO.

Accused Two Harbors man says he can't remember killing Cook woman

Jesaiah Lee Carlson told investigators he couldn’t remember if he killed Megan Ashley Anderson, but during a three-hour interview with authorities he never denied slaying the 20-year-old Cook woman.

Carlson’s ambiguous statements and a knife found in his car that contained a DNA mixture that would exclude 97.8 per-cent of the world’s population -- but not Anderson -- were two of the pieces of evidence that led the St. Louis County Attorney’s office to charge Carlson today with intentional second-degree murder in Anderson’s Aug. 29 death.

~more at link~

SCMom...bet you're right. It would be an ideal job for a serial killer.

BAIL: $1 MILLION

CRIMINAL COMPLAINT DETAILS BLOODY TRAIL IN THE DEATH OF MEGAN ANDERSON OF COOK; JESAIAH LEE CARLSON ARRAIGNED

EVELETH — The criminal complaint against accused murderer Jesaiah Lee Carlson paints quite a grim picture of how he allegedly stabbed Megan Ashley Anderson of Cook to death Aug. 29.

Anderson was found inside the Durkee Signs & Graphics building in Eveleth, where she worked, with a large amount of blood on and around her, the complaint filed Wednesday says.

The 20-year-old’s body was “lying face down over a space heater.”

A blood trail was also located which led to the business’ rear door, which was also bloodied.

In the criminal complaint, Carlson never denies killing Anderson, simply saying he didn’t remember.

http://www.virginiamn.com/mdn/?secti...tory_id=210422

~much more at link~

He has a sales partner. Says he doesn't remember...Check out the text message Megan sent a friend.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    How sad. Poor girl, at work, just sitting there doing her job. I agree with all of you, this sounds like something he's done before.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast