GUILTY FL - Richard, 47, & Penny Brighton, 46, shot to death, Fort Pierce, 2 Aug 2007

Ain't that a beyotch???? I swear parents are either damned if they do and damned if they don't! :snooty: :snooty:

From the article
"There are some things in his young life that happened that will shock and disturb the community," said his attorney Darren Shull. "They are traumatic events that happened to Jacob."

Hmm, I wonder what those "things" are, let me guess.

He was beaten as a small child, he was abused, he was sexually molested....

From the article
"There are some things in his young life that happened that will shock and disturb the community," said his attorney Darren Shull. "They are traumatic events that happened to Jacob."

Hmm, I wonder what those "things" are, let me guess.

He was beaten as a small child, he was abused, he was sexually molested....

Well I suppose the defense attorney will try all of those and more. If its true, they shouldn't have any problem proving it. If the kid admits that he was smoking pot and not too motivated, I can see why the parents would be on his case.

OMG! How terrible. School will be out soon and I will be telling mine!

Well I suppose the defense attorney will try all of those and more. If its true, they shouldn't have any problem proving it. If the kid admits that he was smoking pot and not too motivated, I can see why the parents would be on his case.
i can also understand why his parent may have been on his case.
Brighton: I’ve already had my second chance at life. When I was a baby I drowned in the bathtub, they pronounced me dead and then in the ambulance they got me back to life, brought me back.”
Brighton told investigators that three or four months ago he stole his father’s gun, which later would be the alleged murder weapon, and a cousin’s truck and “went riding around and I was looking to shoot somebody, just shoot them, just start shooting people. ... I didn’t fire it though.”

This low life piece of garbage should have just killed himself if he thought he was such a big disappointment to his parents... but no... he has to kill them. This kind of scum makes me sick.

Unless you have psychos for children you don't have to make an extra point to let them know how much you love them or how proud of them you are... they know, because of all the little things you do for them and say to them.

This low life piece of garbage should have just killed himself if he thought he was such a big disappointment to his parents... but no... he has to kill them. This kind of scum makes me sick.

Unless you have psychos for children you don't have to make an extra point to let them know how much you love them or how proud of them you are... they know, because of all the little things you do for them and say to them.

I am not so sure. I spent the entire labor day weekend on a camping trip with my daughter, her boyfriend and her best friend - we did cave flashlight tours, ate at restaraunts, bbqed bratwurst over a campfire, went to movies and found alligators to look at. We got home after three days and my daughter said "You never do anything for me!"

:banghead: I'm thinking three teenagers for three days is doing PLENTY.

I am not so sure. I spent the entire labor day weekend on a camping trip with my daughter, her boyfriend and her best friend - we did cave flashlight tours, ate at restaraunts, bbqed bratwurst over a campfire, went to movies and found alligators to look at. We got home after three days and my daughter said "You never do anything for me!"

:banghead: I'm thinking three teenagers for three days is doing PLENTY.

I'm with ya. My mother worked 24/7 when I was a kid, so we really never had any of the "mom touches" around the house. I had three sisters and it fell up us to shop, cook, do laundry, clean the house and watch the younger kids. Now that I'm actually a stay at home mom, I'm able to clean my kids' rooms and make their beds every day, bring dinner to them at school when they've got a game or something they need to go to, make their favorite home cooked meal every day before I drive them to school, pick up and take home their friends from just about every conceivable activity, etc. . . and what thanks do I get? LOL Every so often one of them will, out of the blue, say thanks mom or I love you - and its all worth it!!! Hopefully, when they look back at their childhoods they'll feel that I was behind them every single step of the way and also realize that I gave up a hell of a career just so I could pick up their stinky socks off the floor of their rooms! :) :) :) :)

It seems that more and more kids believe that if mom and dad don't give them everything that they want....get on their cases, etc, the simple thing to do is just get rid of their parents. They murder their parents for any little excuse or reason.

What parent isn't disappointed if they find out that their child is smoking pot or doing any kind of drugs including alcohol? At 16 yrs some parents want their child to get an after school job and some don't but if all the kid was doing was laying around the house maybe he should have been working. What parent doesn't try to guide their kids down the right road and want them to grow up to be good productive adults? Sounds like this kid brought the parents disappointment on himself. If he didn't want them to be disappointed in him maybe he should have changed his ways. He was the only one that could change. His parents no doubt would have given him lots of positive strokes if they had had a reason to do so.

"So there's nobody, now there's nobody to be disappointed in me, try to make me lead ... their life," Brighton said.
:slap:

He sounds like Jasmine "her-name-can't-be-mentioned-because-she's-only-12-so-her-name-is-not-Jasmine" Richardson, the Canadian girl that killed her parents and little brother because mom and dad got on her case about dating a 23 year old. Oh, and he helped her do it. :doh:

This boys' mom was a teacher, I had also heard that he was born with cocaine in his system.

My Mom was the kind who was always driven for the next framed piece of paper on her "I love me" wall. I actually thought shopping on Saturdays with her was a treat! It's all different with my own - I don't clean her room or make her bed, though! ha ha!

Last night she was crying (she's got issues from a head injury) and said "I don't know how you and Zach (her boyfriend) put up with me. I complain and cry all the time."

I IMMEDIATELY thought of this article and said "I love you and I am proud of you - just in case you forgot." Then I told her the story and she started to laugh at me when I said... "so don't go shooting me and Zach, okay?"

I'm with ya. My mother worked 24/7 when I was a kid, so we really never had any of the "mom touches" around the house. I had three sisters and it fell up us to shop, cook, do laundry, clean the house and watch the younger kids. Now that I'm actually a stay at home mom, I'm able to clean my kids' rooms and make their beds every day, bring dinner to them at school when they've got a game or something they need to go to, make their favorite home cooked meal every day before I drive them to school, pick up and take home their friends from just about every conceivable activity, etc. . . and what thanks do I get? LOL Every so often one of them will, out of the blue, say thanks mom or I love you - and its all worth it!!! Hopefully, when they look back at their childhoods they'll feel that I was behind them every single step of the way and also realize that I gave up a hell of a career just so I could pick up their stinky socks off the floor of their rooms! :) :) :) :)

awwww, poor Jacob--nothing like using the sledgehammer approach to solve his problems--well, he's only 16 but he should still be strapped down and given the lethal injection--He does not deserve to still be on this Earth--

My Mom was the kind who was always driven for the next framed piece of paper on her "I love me" wall. I actually thought shopping on Saturdays with her was a treat! It's all different with my own - I don't clean her room or make her bed, though! ha ha!

Last night she was crying (she's got issues from a head injury) and said "I don't know how you and Zach (her boyfriend) put up with me. I complain and cry all the time."

I IMMEDIATELY thought of this article and said "I love you and I am proud of you - just in case you forgot." Then I told her the story and she started to laugh at me when I said... "so don't go shooting me and Zach, okay?"

Its heartbreaking when they cry!!! After two boys, I'm not sure I'm gonna make it with my daughter though!! Geez, she can go from loving me to pieces to not even speaking to me in about 2 seconds. :waitasec: :waitasec: I'm beginning to know what men must feel when they have to deal with "us.":blushing:

From August 2011:

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/jury-hears-closing-arguments-in-the-brighton-in

Little more than two hours after a 12-member jury began considering his case Wednesday afternoon, 20-year-old Jacob Brighton learned he would spend the rest of his life in prison, convicted on two counts of first-degree murder for killing his parents...

He was sentenced immediately after the verdict as the convictions each carry a mandatory life term, each sentence to run concurrently.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back