1271 users online (210 members and 1061 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Australia - Prank Callers

Seven families have been left devasted after two teenage girls allegedly made them believe that their children had been seriously hurt in car accidents.
    The two alleged pranksters aged 18 and 16 reportedly called the families at ramdom posing as medical staff from local hospital.
    What a nasty pair of vipers these two are...the worst part is that they,ll proberly only get a smack on the wrist.
    How evil to play on every parents nightmare .
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=295597

Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    Seven families have been left devasted after two teenage girls allegedly made them believe that their children had been seriously hurt in car accidents.
    The two alleged pranksters aged 18 and 16 reportedly called the families at ramdom posing as medical staff from local hospital.
    What a nasty pair of vipers these two are...the worst part is that they,ll proberly only get a smack on the wrist.
    How evil to play on every parents nightmare .
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=295597
    I read about this, this morning, they should be ashamed of themselves, I remember doing crank calls in my youth but nothing like that.

I asked if Mr wall was in they said no
    Is Mrs Wall in they said no
    Are any of the walls in they said no
    I said you better get out of the house as all your walls are gonna fall out.

Silly childish prank I know, but what these girls did was wrong.

This is why I never answer my home phone. I screen every call. These two girls need to have some serious counselling.

These pranksters should be counting their blessings that none of these families rushed dangerously to the hospitals only to have an accident or a death along the way from driving while so upset.

The idiots have a lot to answer for but what gets me is the 18 year old...she must be completly deranged and totally lacking any compassion for other people..the 16 year old should be old enough to know better aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
    I read about this, this morning, they should be ashamed of themselves, I remember doing crank calls in my youth but nothing like that.

Is your fridge running??

You'd better go catch it then.

I think every kid has probably made a prank call, but these two girls have gone too far- that is so not funny.

Yeah, we used to make prank calls, too, but never anything like this. I can't imagine doing this to someone.

To my very dearest Dingo,
    Thank-you for posting the article.
    Those freaks are just pure evil.

They instilled terror in the parents and I hope that the parents are in the courtroom to speak to the judge.

Please keep us posted on this.
    All of my Love and Respect to you,
    dark_shadows

I will post any updates d-s.

Does anyone remember a case where a prank call ended in a death? I can barely remember the details but someone called and pranked a parent by saying their child had been in an accident (or died in one). The parent rushed out of the home to go to the site or to the hospital. They ended up dying in an accident because they were speeding. This was probably 2 decades ago so I'm real fuzzy on the details.

Gosh, whatever happened to prank-calling the boy/girl you like in school and hanging up on them after you hear their voice?

I used to go out to the payphone up the street and call my own house to prank my brother haha, always laughed though and he knew it was me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazza View Post

I read the title and decided I would post almost the very same thing!! Except my punchline was "Then what's holding up your roof?

These little witches should have to do a week in an ER and watch what parents go through.
    Above is my opinion only

This happened to my family once. An old boyfriend's ex called my Grandmother in the middle of the night and told her I had been in accident and the needed to get to the ER ASAP because it wasn't looking good. The rushed to the hospital and found out it wasn't true. But the damage had been done. My Grandmother had a stroke that night.

Quote Originally Posted by unjaded View Post
    This happened to my family once. An old boyfriend's ex called my Grandmother in the middle of the night and told her I had been in accident and the needed to get to the ER ASAP because it wasn't looking good. The rushed to the hospital and found out it wasn't true. But the damage had been done. My Grandmother had a stroke that night.
    Oh my Goodness! That's Horrible!

Awww, unjaded, how terrible. Did she survive the stroke?

Welcome to WS, by the way!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast