1157 users online (257 members and 900 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

KY - Owensboro, WhtMale UP87, 25-40, in woods off Pleasant Valley Rd, Jan'90

Moderator note: It was later determined former doenetwork case 133UMKY was falsely identified. This john doe is still unidentified as far as I can tell. Still looking for/need a current Doenetwork or NamUs link.

has been identified as Scott Michael Morris:

The victim was located January 7, 1990 near Owensboro in rural Daviess County, Kentucky. He was identified in September 2007 as Scott Michael Morris, who was last seen leaving a convenience store in Indianapolis in 1978 when he was 14. Morris' family at the time told police that the boy frequently ran away from home but usually returned. His grandmother reported him missing, but it was not until 1989 that the family filed a formal missing persons report. The body was identified after Indianapolis police contacted Kentucky investigators to share a cold case. A description of the missing boy matched the body, and tests on DNA samples from Morris' relatives confirmed his identity.

More info here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20747268/
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-08-2013 at 09:55 PM. Reason: add note, john doe false id. Still unid'd.

That's sad... He disappeared from his family 12 years before his body was found... and it took 17 years after his body was found to identify him after that. At least they think they know who's responsible, not only for the abduction but his murder too. I hope they find what they need to get this monster.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

I wonder if the person responsible also killed this Doe found in Kentucky the year prior (1989) his hands were also cut off and was shot (what are the chances of that) ??/
    Most murders dont take the time to cutt of hands do they?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/296umky.html

Quote Originally Posted by phenolred View Post
    I wonder if the person responsible also killed this Doe found in Kentucky the year prior (1989) his hands were also cut off and was shot (what are the chances of that) ??/
    Most murders dont take the time to cutt of hands do they?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/296umky.html
    We should send that to LE

Quote Originally Posted by outofthedark View Post
    We should send that to LE
    yes I agree, does anyone want to volunteer? Im not sure what to do....

Quote Originally Posted by phenolred View Post
    yes I agree, does anyone want to volunteer? Im not sure what to do....
    I hope the department doing the case has an email somewhere because I could email them if I found an email

I found this contact email address Kentucky State Medical Examiners ....It gave this email to contact for any information

ryan.baggett@eku.edu

they have a pretty good website
    http://www.unidentifiedremains.net

Exclamation Wrong ID, this is *not* Scott Michael Morris

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/19247737/detail.html

POSTED: 6:24 am EDT April 22, 2009

OWENSBORO, Ky. -- Police in western Kentucky who thought they had solved the 1978 disappearance of an Indianapolis teen are back at square one.

In September 2007, Kentucky State Police announced that remains found in 1990 in Daviess County were those of Scott Michael Morris.

New tests on those remains revealed that they were not that of Morris or at all related to the Morris family.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Sent this to DN yesterday and got a reply today. They know of this and are working with LE

Oh gosh, I wonder who the poor unidentified boy is then??

How sad.

Disappointing that the family no longer has closure, but at the same time, there's at least some renewed hope that he might be still alive somewhere

Any new leads in this case on either Morris or the identification of the John Doe?

Wow, how is a doe falsely id'd?
    And after family is notified of an id?

Maybe we can do some sleuthing and see if we can bring this John Doe home.

I will look for or start a thread for Scott Michael Morris in the missing but not forgotten discussion forum if he does not already have a thread.

Link to thread for Scott Michael Morris missing persons case:

IN IN -Scott Michael Morris 14 Aug 1978- still missing-Indianapolis - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 01-21-2015 at 03:32 AM.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Still looking for a current link for this John Doe. The Doenetwork case number 133UMKY is no longer valid.

If anyone finds a current link, please add it and let's see if perhaps we can help him find his way home.

TIA

Cubby
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

KY - White male, age 25-35, Daviess County (1990)

If he's back up on Doe (I don't think he is), he's not linked in any of the indexes. However, this is his information, courtesy of a Google search. Also, he has an entry in NamUs.

https://identifyus.org/cases/87

His old Doe Network entry:

Unidentified White Male

Located on January 7, 1990 near Owensboro in rural Daviess County, Kentucky.
    Cause of death was homicide. The victim had been shot 6 times with .22 caliber long-rifle and had been beaten.
    Estimated Date of Death: 1 week

Vital Statistics
    Estimated age: 25 - 35 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"-5'7"; 125-140 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Curly, medium brown hair with a little gray on the temples; greatest length of hair was 8 inches. Brown eyes; light skinned with tanned arms.
    Dentals: Available. Natural teeth with some fillings.

Case History
    The victim was found by two rabbit hunters east of Owensboro, on Pleasant Valley Road. The man had been murdered, stripped of his clothes and covered with twigs. He was shot several times, his face had been disfigured by some type of blows, blunt force trauma to the face, and his hands and feet had been cut off. The body was dumped in a briar thicket in Daviess County. Investigators believe that this victim may have been from another area.
    The body was not decomposed, indicating that he hadn't been dead for long. Investigators believe, because there was no blood at the scene, that he was murdered somewhere else.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Daviess County Sheriff's Department
    270-685-8444

NCIC Number:
    U-400652197
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/133umky.html (no longer exists)
    https://identifyus.org/cases/87 (does exist)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast