Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: MD/NY - Judith Erin O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980

it's the jane doe that is holding up the dna. Old sample, hard to get DNA, LE thinks. She's going to confirm that it's that and not that because of the age it has slipped to the bottom of the to do list. Why she wasn't accepted? Because she was an adult. And because she had a history. And her lifestyle. And the whole missing persons thing was new. Not a cutting edge I ever wanted to be on. Sigh.
    Last edited by JudysSisterMaureen; 04-19-2012 at 02:05 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudysSisterMaureen For This Useful Post:

I wonder - moderators, if you are watching this thread - can the state used to describe Judy's disappearance be MD/NY ? The reality is *we don't know* whether she boarded that bus that day. Whether she was at the inaugural in DC or not is not material - she could have easily hitched a ride or gotten a ride from her date (or whatever, even if the scene I keep describing was even IN DC, I simply don't know.)

I just wonder if it would help her case, since she spent most of the last of her life (I believe she's dead) in New York City. Does that make sense? Is that something that can be done?

Thank you!!! <3

I keep hoping someone will find her. She's out there somewhere and its past time for her to go home.

Marleen, my prayers are with you!
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

I just finished reading this whole thread. Wow, Maureen, you sure are a great sister. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WholeLottaRosie For This Useful Post:

You're so right, WholeLottaRosie! Maureen is the best sister anyone could have.

Bumping for Judy!
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

Just read the whole thread...whew!

Came over here after seeing Maureen's post on our LISK forum.

Bless you Maureen, and all the posters & researchers here.
    just speculating.......

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KateNY For This Useful Post:

Maureen, have you heard anything on the progress with the cemetery?

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieC View Post
    Maureen, have you heard anything on the progress with the cemetery?
    I never knew, going into this, heck, going into High School, that patience would be such a virtue. No, still nothing. Still nothing on the DNA. It's backburnered, the NYS investigator believes, or the DNA from the midtown doe has been delayed. Who knows.

Today is Judy's birthday. She is or would be 51. Happy birthday sister. I love you. Miss you, wish you could have heard my kids singing happy birthday to you today. Something tells me you were here with us.

In NYC last week for some national attention for Judy and missing persons - as well as unclaimed persons (Namus) I was on my way to meet a friend for dinner -- found a penny on the ground. Right in my path. No reason that we went the wrong way -- but when I saw that penny. I knew. She was there. She was also there with me when I was filming. It will air in about 6 months, and of course I'll share the info when it becomes available.

I just want my sister - or her remains. Is it too much to ask ??

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JudysSisterMaureen For This Useful Post:

No, Maureen, it is definitely not too much to ask.

Happy Birthday, Judy!!!

I pick up pennies, too...you should look at the date on it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

Maureen, you are so brave and so patient.

Happy Birthday, Judy. May this be the last one you spend away from those who love you.

God Bless you, Maureen..

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

This is for you, Maureen

Lose You

Never thought I’d lose you,
    But here I am,
    Standing alone,
    Without you by my side,
    We’re sisters for life,
    We promised,
    But now you’re gone,
    I don’t know what to do,
    Without you,
    I’m going crazy,
    I’m trying to hold on,
    To keep strong,
    But it just doesn’t feel right,
    I’m waiting here,
    My arms wide open,
    Tears running down my face,
    Ready for your return,
    Even if it takes forever,
    My sister…

This poem was written/submitted by Adriana.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

I was in NYC yesterday and Thursday. I felt Judy's presence. She was there with me - in the hotel, on the train, on the plane on the way home.

It was hard not to sob. I had to go to work. I was there for training for my new job. I'm coming out of the mommy cocoon, stronger than ever, and Judy was there with me. She was proud. Oh big sis. Where ARE you?

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JudysSisterMaureen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JudysSisterMaureen View Post
    I was in NYC yesterday and Thursday. I felt Judy's presence. She was there with me - in the hotel, on the train, on the plane on the way home.

It was hard not to sob. I had to go to work. I was there for training for my new job. I'm coming out of the mommy cocoon, stronger than ever, and Judy was there with me. She was proud. Oh big sis. Where ARE you?
    That's remarkable (feeling Judy's presence)...I've often read about such...many people have experienced that with their loved ones.

If that's the case, maybe somehow Judy (or "the Universe") will point you in a direction or to a place or person that may hold some clues.

As always, good luck!

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

She's always with me, I know that -- but sometimes, when I don't have the busy of my kids tugging at me, or hubby making demands - or family asking questions - just the quiet of the inside of a jet or a train screeching into a station, and I can actually *feel* -- I know she's there. Boy do I miss her. xox

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JudysSisterMaureen For This Useful Post:

She's always with me, I know that -- but sometimes, when I don't have the busy of my kids tugging at me, or hubby making demands - or family asking questions - just the quiet of the inside of a jet or a train screeching into a station, and I can actually *feel* -- I know she's there. Boy do I miss her. xox
    I completely know what you mean. And she's always there. And she is proud.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to necco For This Useful Post:

bumping for judy

30. The Following User Says Thank You to smile22 For This Useful Post:

Judy where are you? I have tear-filled eyes right now - I just wish there was something, anything, I could do to help find you. Investigators won't listen to a reading - done by a friend - (she read it to me when I was in the hospital earlier this year, I was in tears then too) - anything. I wish there was *something* more I could do.

Miss you sis. Still working on finding you. I'll never give up. I promise. xox

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JudysSisterMaureen For This Useful Post:

Judy where are you? I have tear-filled eyes right now - I just wish there was something, anything, I could do to help find you. Investigators won't listen to a reading - done by a friend - (she read it to me when I was in the hospital earlier this year, I was in tears then too) - anything. I wish there was *something* more I could do.

Miss you sis. Still working on finding you. I'll never give up. I promise. xox
    was in the reading something said that made you go to le to look into whatever was said. i do fully believe in psychics i have been to some good ones and some fake ones. i had one tell me all about my grandmother who passed she had no idea and i gave her no info. i had so much tears in my eyes

this friend must really be a good reader to make you have cried over it. i wish le would take sometimes those things more seriously sometimes psychics are really giving you info

Quote Originally Posted by smile22 View Post
    was in the reading something said that made you go to le to look into whatever was said. i do fully believe in psychics i have been to some good ones and some fake ones. i had one tell me all about my grandmother who passed she had no idea and i gave her no info. i had so much tears in my eyes

this friend must really be a good reader to make you have cried over it. i wish le would take sometimes those things more seriously sometimes psychics are really giving you info
    the read WAS good -- and I can visualize some of it when I read it back. What I need to do is to go back to MD at some point - in that narrow stretch where it joins DE -- on the highway -- 95 -- and do my own sleuthing. The MD police wanted nothing to do with my sister's case when she was newly missing - in 1980. Why would they not want anything to do with it now? It's infuriating, really.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JudysSisterMaureen For This Useful Post:

the read WAS good -- and I can visualize some of it when I read it back. What I need to do is to go back to MD at some point - in that narrow stretch where it joins DE -- on the highway -- 95 -- and do my own sleuthing. The MD police wanted nothing to do with my sister's case when she was newly missing - in 1980. Why would they not want anything to do with it now? It's infuriating, really.
    back in the 70s 80s missing adults were consider low on the radar of the local pd unless it was something that was connected to a serial killer like ted bundy or the green river killer.

the local pd would tell the family she probably is with friends she ran away she will be back these things happen it wasn't till missing children were recognized and the ncmec was set up that pd took missing adults more seriously

you as her sister need to fight them to open a case or reopen a case for her. tell her your the only one who can speak for judy tell them you have spent your whole life trying to fit the pieces of the puzzle together. you have to be persistant

37. The Following User Says Thank You to smile22 For This Useful Post:

this is shameless, but what do I have to lose? Would you "like" my post on the AMW wall please? Oh how I would love to have Judy's case profiled there. https://www.facebook.com/1800crimetv...f&notif_t=like

39. The Following User Says Thank You to JudysSisterMaureen For This Useful Post:

as stated correctly by previous poster - it was a family gathering for thanksgiving, 1980. It was a particularly emotionally charged thanksgiving - one sister was presenting her son, the first grandchild on that side of the family, mulatto, born out of wedlock in a baltimore catholic family. There were also 2 50th wedding anniversaries that year -neither of which my sisters were invited to attend. Judy Hitch-hiked to MN to attend one of them. My sister Judy was also uninvited to be a part of my brother's wedding the year before. Judy showed up in Ellicott City Maryland (at an uncle's home) with her bags of clothes (think those big honkin' army bags). She was more or less living on the street, though all the sites claim she was living in the Village. She was an apiring actress/singer - and had spent time at Covenant House. She had also been arrested for prostitution more than once. Her favorite haunt in the City was Studio 54.

I cannot remember what she was wearing that day. I believe she did not have pierced ears. She did have a scar under her chin and one on her left arm. She had a discolored left central incisor (top), and had braces - but did not wear her retainer, so her bucked teeth and split between the two fronts came back.

I am certain. CERTAIN I saw her at one of Reagan's innaugural parties in January 1981. I was home alone - and didn't think to call the Reagan library to get copies until 2005. The copies of all the TV coverage I received did not have her on any of them (6 hours or so worth of tape).

Judy is 5'11", dark steel blue eyes, with yellow ring around the iris. She was known to hitch hike, often. She had long, thin (but shapely) athletic legs.

As far as we know, she never made it back to NYC. I wish I could be of more help.
    Hopefully this tragic story can be turned around soon.
    I wonder (given those early 80's days ) if Judy had made friends in the gay community who might remember seeing her, or if she had been sick in an Aids hospice of some sort...
    Music does not leave someone's soul, no matter what they get into.. and so I wonder if any musicians from back in the day might know or remember seeing Judy. Maybe in some Studio 54 Facebook page or book, some pics of her might be found, a beauty like that is not easily forgotten.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Hopefully this tragic story can be turned around soon.
    I wonder (given those early 80's days ) if Judy had made friends in the gay community who might remember seeing her, or if she had been sick in an Aids hospice of some sort...
    Music does not leave someone's soul, no matter what they get into.. and so I wonder if any musicians from back in the day might know or remember seeing Judy. Maybe in some Studio 54 Facebook page or book, some pics of her might be found, a beauty like that is not easily forgotten.
    yes, i've scoured the studio 54 pages on the web, and have found a few pictures of her -- haven't found straight-on but profile pictures. I've tried to reach out to the DJ's that are now on Studio 54's XM radio station, too. I've reached out to the author of the Studio 54 book (spoke with him on the phone - he doesn't remember) -- if you have friends in that community, by ALL means -- reach out to them! Share the facebook page! ANY information - any small or large memory -- this will likely become a murder investigation, but we have to find a body first!

43. The Following User Says Thank You to JudysSisterMaureen For This Useful Post:

Judy,

Any word from the New York City Police about the NYC Jane Doe? I just keep thinking about her and thinking it could be Judy!

45. The Following User Says Thank You to chaddylex For This Useful Post:

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast