1936 users online (332 members and 1604 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eating less meat may slow climate change

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070912/...rtmZBLPwus0NUE

Enviromentalists have been saying this for a long time but Im glad W.H.O. is starting to bring it out in the limelight.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn2004 View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070912/...rtmZBLPwus0NUE

Enviromentalists have been saying this for a long time but Im glad W.H.O. is starting to bring it out in the limelight.
    Uh-oh, now I want a well done steak for lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    Uh-oh, now I want a well done steak for lunch
    Im blaming you for the polar ice caps melting J/K!

I think a better option is to eat twice the amount of red meat so we can save the planet. We need to get busy and reduce the number of cattle! I will have two steaks...medium rare, please...and hurry before another ice cap melts! And bring me a cheeseburger on the side!!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Humans eat too much meat nowadays- but if we hadn't eaten meat in the past our brains wouldn't have developed to the point they have today.

But geez- those cows fart alot

http://www.show.me.uk/site/news/STO873.html

Do you expect them to hold it in...LOL

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by dingo View Post
    Do you expect them to hold it in...LOL
    Yeah, WOW, I didn't realize cows farted so much.

So, if I eat less meat, the cows won't fart as much?

P.S. I eat very little meat anyway so don't blame any of it on me. I've done some bad things in my life but overindulging on meat ain't one of them.......

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Eating red meat nearly doubles risk of breast cancer

http://www.newstarget.com/021071.html

Well, my niece will be glad to hear that. I can just hear her little Vegan speech in my head. I'm sure she can hear me saying 'thank you for the burgers and steak' to the truckers and waving as I pass the slaughterhouse on my way to eat. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by froggierintexas View Post
    Well, my niece will be glad to hear that. I can just hear her little Vegan speech in my head. I'm sure she can hear me saying 'thank you for the burgers and steak' to the truckers and waving as I pass the slaughterhouse on my way to eat. LOL.
    lol- cute

I know a couple of kids that are vegetarians...not sure that's such a good thing, I think kids need a bit of red meat or be getting the proper supplements..

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat View Post
    lol- cute

I know a couple of kids that are vegetarians...not sure that's such a good thing, I think kids need a bit of red meat or be getting the proper supplements..

She actually was shown a book in grade school years ago, we never did figure out by who, and started refusing to eat meat. Her hair actually started falling out. Then we convinced her that chicken soup was was they fed to the chickens and she would eat it (she was a kid, what can I say). Now she eats things like jello (which by the way is not Vegan) and those little chocolate covered donuts which have beef fat as an ingredient but says she is Vegan. I guess that's why I tease her.

PETA, people eating tasty animals......

Sheesh, breathing these days with all the chemicals in the air is pretty dangerous.

Company emissions ( air or water) vs. a good steak, pic your brand...... good question, and great topic for your daughter to research. I bet she gets an A+
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by froggierintexas View Post
    She actually was shown a book in grade school years ago, we never did figure out by who, and started refusing to eat meat. Her hair actually started falling out. Then we convinced her that chicken soup was was they fed to the chickens and she would eat it (she was a kid, what can I say). Now she eats things like jello (which by the way is not Vegan) and those little chocolate covered donuts which have beef fat as an ingredient but says she is Vegan. I guess that's why I tease her.
    These two kids refuse to eat meat too!

They won't even eat anything that has been cooked in the same pan as meat!- lol- their Dad is Hare Krishna, they're not into eating meat- the cow is sacred to them.

You must have been alarmed when your daughters hair started falling out?! geez- didn't know that could happen, the kids I know have heaps of hair- lol

PETA is a bunch of loons......
    People are carnivores!!! We are suppose to eat meat!

Quote Originally Posted by narlacat View Post
    Humans eat too much meat nowadays- but if we hadn't eaten meat in the past our brains wouldn't have developed to the point they have today.

But geez- those cows fart alot

http://www.show.me.uk/site/news/STO873.html
    -------------
    Thats funny Narlacat,I dont eat a lot of meat but my puppy farts a lot~ maybe the answer is Beano~ P.S. if it makes Ohio warmer in the winter~~please eat MORE meat. Come on people,we Ohioans need your help..Nore
    My Buffy. He lives in Heaven now
    with my loved ones..xoxox

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast