FL FL - Jewel Strong, 3, Panama City Beach, May 2006

Lurker

Former Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread for her. Saw this on Fox News!

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Surveillance video from a Golden Coral restaurant in Jacksonville gives parents of a 4-year-old daughter missing since May 2006 new hope that their daughter is alive.

Panama City authorities believe Jewel Strong drowned during a Memorial Day outing to the beach, but her body was never found.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/14100182/detail.html?cnn=yes

It would be wonderful if this is really Jewel!

I really hope that's Jewel and they locate her!

Hoppy

Is there another thread for this little girl somewhere? I tried searching all the Missing forums but couldn't find anything. It just seems strange that there wouldn't be anything at WS for this little sweetie!

Oh, I just seen this on CNN, I hope that is their little girl and they get her back soon. What a miracle if it is, she looks to being well taken care of if it is her, I hope they get answers soon.

Maybe she was not reported missing because she was believed to be drowned? I watched the video not only from the Golden Corral, but from Walgreens. In the Walgreens video, the woman seems to be pulling her out the door. Now, I have three kids and at one time or another I'm sure it looked like I was making them move against their will, especially at four years old. I'm wondering if this woman used cash at both places, or if maybe there is a credit card receipt that can be tracked.

One last note, when in the WORLD are surveillance videos going to improve? I mean, come on! What can be the single most important clue to a mystery and its sooooo grainy. With today's technology, why are these videos still like this? Why aren't they in color?

Her parents were on Greta tonight, but I missed the video. Does it look like her? Her mom is totally convinced! I'm hoping for the best here.

Find Jewel Strong website:
http://www.thestrong.biz/

I hope I am wrong but I just feel like the mother is hanging on to anything because she is in denial about her daughter being dead. All little 4 year old girls dance and skip and jump around that is not something that is 'unique' or anything. Obviously it would be an absolute miracle/blessing/joy if the little girl was hers but I doubt it. :(

Her parents were on Greta tonight, but I missed the video. Does it look like her? Her mom is totally convinced! I'm hoping for the best here.

Find Jewel Strong website:
http://www.thestrong.biz/

I honestly don't think I would recognize my own children from that far away and in those grainy photo's. I hope that it is her, but I agree with sadie, I think mom is probably in denial.

http://www.newsherald.com/headlines/article.display.php?a=3410

Sheriff: Video is not of Jewel Strong
September 14, 2007
Andy Meinen
The News Herald

LYNN HAVEN
Bay County Sheriff Frank McKeithen said at a press conference Friday that the security video of a girl from an Orlando convenience store is not 3-year-old Jewel Strong, who fell off a raft in St. Andrews Pass and drowned over the 2006 Memorial Day weekend.
much more at link
(bolding is mine)
The article indicates that LE has traced leads from the video, found the girl in question, and she is not Jewel Strong. Ditto for the other video from the Golden Corral restaurant.​

Snopes.com Missing Jewel Strong

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
JEWEL MAHAVIA STRONG
Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Apr 14, 2003 Sex: Female
Missing Date: May 28, 2006 Race: Black
Age Now: 5 Height: 3'7" (109 cm)
Missing City: PANAMA CITY BEACH Weight: 38 lbs (17 kg)
Missing State : FL Hair Color: Black
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Brown
Case Number: NCMC1063629
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics