980 users online (128 members and 852 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

McDonalds Attempted Robbery? I don't know!

This was in our local news today and for some reason...it doesn't make sense to me why this guy was charged with attempted robbery! He asked for water, gave them a fifty dollar bill, and then when they refused to serve him because he wasn't in a car...he demanded the money back (altho he shouldn't have threatened them). It was HIS money! How does this figure into a robbery if the money he was asking for was HIS?!

http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=135812
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

yeah that dont make sense. maybe the reporter left out a few important details???

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    This was in our local news today and for some reason...it doesn't make sense to me why this guy was charged with attempted robbery! He asked for water, gave them a fifty dollar bill, and then when they refused to serve him because he wasn't in a car...he demanded the money back (altho he shouldn't have threatened them). It was HIS money! How does this figure into a robbery if the money he was asking for was HIS?!

http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=135812
    I'm thinking that the charges will be modified at a later time. I'd like to know why they accepted the bill from the guy in the first place. I think the biggest problem was that he pointed a gun at them. I believe that because he was demanding money, even if it was his own, while holding a gun, the legal definition of the crime is "robbery."