FL - Officer Jose Somohano, 37, shot to death, Miami, 13 Sept 2007

Suspect's name is Kevin Werner. Apparently they were trying to pull him over, or did pull him over and he shot with a high powered gun. This is happening in South Miami.

A massive manhunt is under way after two Miami-Dade police officers were shot during a standoff at a Southwest Miami-Dade apartment complex.

The scene unfolded after a shooting at an apartment complex Southwest 143rd Court and Southwest 280th Street.

Now, a helicopter is hovering over a wooded area at Southwest 216st Street and 129th Avenue, where a man armed with an AK-47 rifle is hiding, Local 10 reported. A worker cleaning a pool said he spotted a man running to the woods, Local 10 reported. Reports are that the man may be wearing a bulletproof vest.

Police are describing the man has heavyset with a beard.

A white Honda Accord with a black hood was spotted abandoned near a canal near Southwest 216th Street and 129th Avenue and it is believed it is the car that fled the scene following the shooting. The car appeared to have a shattered front window from bullet holes.

more at:

http://www.local10.com/news/14106035/detail.html

Woah! Why would he be wearing a bullet proof vest? It sounds more than a routine traffic stop to me. This guy was ready for a gun fight with some serious fire power.

Woah! Why would he be wearing a bullet proof vest? It sounds more than a routine traffic stop to me. This guy was ready for a gun fight with some serious fire power.

The cops were in the area because there had been a rash of crimes of some sort. They saw the guy driving erractically and pulled him over. Apparently he came out shooting, so he must have been waiting to get busted. They keep changing the number of cops shot from two to four, so I'm not sure how many.

Unfortunately one of the officers has just died.

God be with the family of this officer and the other three.

4 cops were shot, 2 plainclothes, 2 regular. This is in my area I am not even certain I will be able to go home when I get off work.
My thoughts are with the injured police, their families and all of the other police involved.

4 cops were shot, 2 plainclothes, 2 regular. This is in my area I am not even certain I will be able to go home when I get off work.
My thoughts are with the injured police, their families and all of the other police involved.

Be careful Observer this guy is out there and very dangerous.

Please do be careful Observer. They opined that since he abandoned his car, he's close by and he's desperate. He wouldn't hesitate to take someone hostage.

I've been watching this on Fox News. Yes, please do be careful Observer. I may open a new window and watch from Jeana's channel 10 feed if it streams.

They showed a clean shaven picture and are saying he was clean shaven now and do not look for the bearded suspect.

I just called the police department to see if I could go home. They couldn't give me an answer, she said that there were several areas closed and if I live in one of them I can't get home. I even told her where I live and she couldn't give me an answer.
Then again I suppose they have to be careful because I could be a friend of the killer trying to find out what areas are blocked.
Damn. I sure don't want to get jacked or find someone at my house. Hope they catch this jerk soon.

I just called the police department to see if I could go home. They couldn't give me an answer, she said that there were several areas closed and if I live in one of them I can't get home. I even told her where I live and she couldn't give me an answer.
Then again I suppose they have to be careful because I could be a friend of the killer trying to find out what areas are blocked.
Damn. I sure don't want to get jacked or find someone at my house. Hope they catch this jerk soon.

Go shopping! Stay safe!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back