1401 users online (341 members and 1060 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Man Builds Guillotine to Kill Himself

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Allen Park Deputy Police Chief Dale Covert said the roughly six-foot tall guillotine was bolted to a tree and included a swing arm. Covert said police also found several store receipts detailing the materials used to assemble the device.

This is just cool. I'll bet he was a very interesting man to know. He didn't take anyone else out with him - and he went out with a creative bang! I love it. (I mean, if he was going to kill himself anyway...)
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Allen Park Deputy Police Chief Dale Covert said the roughly six-foot tall guillotine was bolted to a tree and included a swing arm. Covert said police also found several store receipts detailing the materials used to assemble the device.

This is just cool. I'll bet he was a very interesting man to know. He didn't take anyone else out with him - and he went out with a creative bang! I love it. (I mean, if he was going to kill himself anyway...)

That sounds like an awful lot of work to kill yourself. He must've been a very imaginative and creative person.

Wow. This man has style, to be sure. I hope he finds what he is looking for on the other side of the blade.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

My deepest compassion goes out to this man's family and friends.

Truly,
    dark_shadows

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    To my dearest GlitchWizard,
    I am sure that he did take others out with him in a way. He was a son. He was Loved by someone. I can only imagine the hurt that he left behind in the living ones that Loved him.

Suicide is a very tough subject for me.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
    dark_shadows
    Last edited by dark_shadows; 09-14-2007 at 12:49 AM.

Wow, since when do we discuss suicides as creative and interesting?! This is just sad.

I think it's morbid (he did it in a public place!) and think he may have been reaching out for someone to stop him with the length of time it took him to build this monstrosity.

Sorry to be blunt, but strangers found him and must have seen his head and headless torso if the guillotine worked correctly. I'm sure they were quite horrified. I hope children didn't come across this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows View Post
    To my dearest GlitchWizard,
    I am sure that did take others out with him in a way. He was a son. He was Loved by someone. I can only imagine the hurt that he left behind in the living ones that Loved him.

Suicide is a very tough subject for me.

dark_shadows
    You are, of course, absolutely correct, dark_shadows! Suicide is rarely victimless.

SCM
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

At a topix forum (allen park, mi news) there are many horrible jokes about this man's death. Amongst them were 2 from "niece" who wrote that this man was her uncle. Her 2 comments, out of approximately 39, were the only comments that weren't making fun of this man's suicide method. I hope she stops reading there.

(I realize that it might not be a relative as forums are anonymous.)

My husband told me about this today. Maybe he just wanted something that he knew would actually do the job. Shooting yourself, even in the head, can sometimes go wrong and you could live. Maybe even as a vegatable. Pills might not work. Maybe he was determined and wanted something he knew would work and work quickly.

Ok, so he wanted something that would work. Why build it in the park?!

And yes, there are books and websites that tell you how to build your own guillotine.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBee View Post
    My husband told me about this today. Maybe he just wanted something that her knew would actually do the job. Shooting yourself, even in the head, can sometimes go wrong and you could live. Maybe even as a vegatable. Pills might not work. Maybe he was determined and wanted something he knew would work and work quickly.
    My dearest and sweet BeeBee,
    April first 1998, my good friend and my uncle's best friend committed suicide. He did it with a gun. He fired a shot that ripped through one side of his face. He lived for a few minutes more before he fired another shot that ended his life.

dark_shadows

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Ok, so he wanted something that would work. Why build it in the park?!

And yes, there are books and websites that tell you how to build your own guillotine.

The link says he was found in a wooded area but near his home. I don't think it was a park.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Wow, since when do we discuss suicides as creative and interesting?! This is just sad.

I think it's morbid (he did it in a public place!) and think he may have been reaching out for someone to stop him with the length of time it took him to build this monstrosity.

Sorry to be blunt, but strangers found him and must have seen his head and headless torso if the guillotine worked correctly. I'm sure they were quite horrified. I hope children didn't come across this mess.
    To my very dearest Taximom,
    Yes I am wondering the same thing, how could he have built that with no one seeing it...

dark_shadows

Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows View Post
    My dearest and sweet BeeBee,
    April first 1998, my good friend and my uncle's best friend committed suicide. He did it with a gun. He fired a shot that ripped through one side of his face. He lived for a few minutes more before he fired another shot that ended his life.

dark_shadows
    Ahh, dark_shadows. I know how you must feel about suicide. I know because in 1998 my sister commited suicide. She took pills then tied a plastic garbage bag over her head. She was found the next day by her daughter. (My niece.) How awful it must have been for your friend when he had to shoot twice. God Bless you dark_shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    You are, of course, absolutely correct, dark_shadows! Suicide is rarely victimless.

SCM
    My so very dearest Southcitymom,
    Yes, it is very rare not to have a victim of suicide. Very rare indeed.

dark_shadows

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast