PA/MA/NC - Adam Leroy Lane - Long Haul Trucker

girlygirl

Reaction score
Darlene Ewalt was murdered on her porch while her family was asleep inside. She had been talking on the phone with a friend when the line suddenly went dead..... Ever since I heard about this story I haven't been able to get it off my mind. I pray for her family and all the people in the neighboorhood. LE haven't been saying much. I linked to the news story below:

http://www.wgal.com/news/13682787/detail.html

Thanks for the link, girlygirl, and welcome to WS!! :D

I hope they find the perp soon, and my prayers to the victim's family & friends. May she rest in peace.

The first thing that I would do is check those phone records to make sure that her and the family friend were actually on the phone when he said that they were. Was she in the house talking on the phone or was she standing on the back porch talking? If she was in the house that would mean that someone came into the house and drug her out to the porch. Kind of interesting. If she was in the house and wasn't by the door to the back porch...like in the living room it seems that she could have fought with the person or made some noise as he dragged her to the back porch. Seems like someone would have heard her.

Kind of strange that the friend on the phone dropped everything and rushed over to see if she was alright. Why didn't he just think that they got cut off and try to call her back? Of course he could have done that and LE just didn't say it. I just find it kind of interesting.

Could the friend on the phone have been her 'boyfriend'? Husband woke up heard her talking to him and went nuts and stabbed her to death? I don't even know if she is married...I'm just sayin..

Bobbisangel: That crossed my mind too, about the person coming to check on her. It got me thinking about times it has happened to me and to others I was talking to. We've always assumed a bad connection, dead battery, etc...never go check on the person. In fact, in most cases, we don't even bother to redial. That may not be smart, but it's happened a lot and we're never expecting anything bad.

When this story was first released they said that there was no need for anyone worry. Which lead everyone to believe that they had there POI but now they are saying they don't and are asking for help. A couple of neighboors have said they heard an argument with foul laungage. I agree the friend on the phone rushing over sounds very odd.

This is scary...I work odd hours and am outside on the phone quite often. I hope if my line went dead and was busy upon call back...that whomever I was talking to would either come over..or call police. Maybe if only because they know I would do it for them..it's always better to be safe than sorry. ::shudders:: But yeah..who would think something bad was happening if they didn't hear anything...you think you'd hear muffled noises at the least.

I really don't think that it's odd to immediately go check on someone in that situation. I have a friend who passed away while talking on the phone to his girlfriend. She did try him back several times before taking any other action, but I think it is pretty obvious that something is wrong when someone just quits talking to you and the phone is busy over and over when you call back. After five minutes she called the RA in his dorm to go check on him and she herself headed straight over. She actually blamed herself for years for waiting that five minutes even though the doctors told her that with his heart condition he was gone immediately. I know if I was ever in that situation with a family member I would err on the side of caution and if it was something silly I would be fine feeling stupid about it later.

Could the friend on the phone have been her 'boyfriend'? Husband woke up heard her talking to him and went nuts and stabbed her to death? I don't even know if she is married...I'm just sayin..

I thought this, too...would be interesting to know if she has a husband, b/c the person she was talking to is male.

Jonesville, N. C. - The sign outside Jordan's Country Restaurant says and "Truckers Welcome," and Adam Leroy Lane treated the eatery in the shadow of Interstate 77 like home base.

Most nights, the trucker and sometimes chicken plant worker would come in alone on third shift, even when he was off work with his bad back. He'd plop down in the smoking section and order his usual: Two hot dogs," All the way", no onion. If manager Sydney Hanson wasn't quick with his drink, he'd shout: "Hey, pain in the butt. Get my Diet Mountain dew!"

" I used to joke with him, like I joke with all the other customers in here", Hanson said recently as she stood behind the register before a crossed pair of American flags and a shelf crammed with NASCAR models. "Never thought in my mind that he'd be some kind of psycopath."

But that is the picture of the 43 year old high school dropout that is emerging from police - a deadly stalker who used the interstate rumbling past Jordan's as his hunting grounds.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/shared-gen/ap/National/Trucker_Unsolved_Crimes.html?cxntlid=inform

This guy is being looked at for murder and rape in Pennsylvania, New Hampshire and Massachusetts. There could be other areas where someone we know is missing and he "may" be the culprit. I didn't know where to put this article but it should be referenced to other missing cases.

He definitely should be looked at in other missing cases or cold cases where the body has been found.

If I were that waitress, I would be totally freaked out.

WOW, how terrifying that he has gone under the radar for so long. He's 42 and I bet there's a trail of tears in his past.

I read the whole article and it looks like they are looking into him for that murder in Pennsylvania as well? The one where the lady was talking outside on her phone and her friend heard her scream and immediately came to the house to find her stabbed to death. The friend was a man so we all wondered if it was a boyfriend or what..anyway there is a thread here somewhere for that murder... What a sick SOB.. I feel for his wife and their 3 kids who live in the single wide trailer. :( I feel for the victims and the little girl who is going to be scared for the rest of her life now because he decided to come in her room at night and do God knows what to her...such a PIG! <modsnip>

He definitely should be looked at in other missing cases or cold cases where the body has been found.

If I were that waitress, I would be totally freaked out.

Like the body plus three other sets of remains that have been found recently in the woods behind a CT strip mall! A strip mall with extremely close proximity to interstate 84 and route 9.

Like the body plus three other sets of remains that have been found recently in the woods behind a CT strip mall! A strip mall with extremely close proximity to interstate 84 and route 9.

FYI to anyone who is interested - I sent an email to the reporter from the Hartford Courant who wrote about the unidentified women's remains in CT, along with a link to the article above. I will let you know if I receive a response.

Good job, Masterj. I hope you hear back from someone.

I agree and had that case in mind when I found the trucker article. The thing is this man is a loner and known to have been in the northeast driving trucks. He is a psychopath with no conscious so this could have been going on for years.

As I posted in the other thread, he attacked a woman in Chelmsford, MA, which is off of route 495, which is off the Mass Pike, which is off 84, which is near the strip mall in CT.

I am scouring the internet looking for dates of when he was in certain areas. He is being investigated in Nashua, NH too. Maybe PrayersforMaura was on to something when she wondered about Maura Murray. He could easily have taken 84 east in CT to 91 North.

As I posted in the other thread, he attacked a woman in Chelmsford, MA, which is off of route 495, which is off the Mass Pike, which is off 84, which is near the strip mall in CT.

I am scouring the internet looking for dates of when he was in certain areas. He is being investigated in Nashua, NH too. Maybe PrayersforMaura was on to something when she wondered about Maura Murray. He could easily have taken 84 east in CT to 91 North.

I thank you for sending the info forward to CT. We may find that he is responsible for many people we have learned about that are missing.

Jonesville, N. C. - The sign outside Jordan's Country Restaurant says and "Truckers Welcome," and Adam Leroy Lane treated the eatery in the shadow of Interstate 77 like home base.

Most nights, the trucker and sometimes chicken plant worker would come in alone on third shift, even when he was off work with his bad back. He'd plop down in the smoking section and order his usual: Two hot dogs," All the way", no onion. If manager Sydney Hanson wasn't quick with his drink, he'd shout: "Hey, pain in the butt. Get my Diet Mountain dew!"

" I used to joke with him, like I joke with all the other customers in here", Hanson said recently as she stood behind the register before a crossed pair of American flags and a shelf crammed with NASCAR models. "Never thought in my mind that he'd be some kind of psycopath.

But that is the picture of the 43 year old high school dropout that is emerging from police - a deadly stalker who used the interstate rumbling past Jordan's as his hunting grounds.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/shared-gen/ap/National/Trucker_Unsolved_Crimes.html?cxntlid=inform

This guy is being looked at for murder and rape in Pennsylvania, New Hampshire and Massachusetts. There could be other areas where someone we know is missing and he "may" be the culprit. I didn't know where to put this article but it should be referenced to other missing cases.

Pretty horrible, that this guy was undetected for so long. Finally a break though in some of these missing persons in the general area! Great sleuthing!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back